Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Kith posted:

technically when you add another chance after running out, that becomes the new last chance

technically when you automatically add new chances when the stock empties you have infinite chances and success is guaranteed. This is also known as the message of salvation in christianity or more contemporary, as lying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

ancient aliens

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Only Nixon could be allowed to go to China, and only Trump could be allowed to shove every law book up his rear end

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The ineffective draconian pilot training methodology of the IJN USN

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I don't have any deep insights to add but, pressure changes all chemistry and equlibrium points. Add to that how Oxygen is a bit, uh, insane, compared to other elements in most situations. And so high pressures will push unnatural amounts of it into your blood cells, turning it from performance enhancing doping into toxin. And the combined one weird trick to fight both that and the bends is to displace it with both less massive inert gasses and reduce the total amount of it in the blended air.
Naturally trimix stuff would (might?) suffocate you at sea level.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I like the ocean and I respect the ocean and i know how to swim, and that's why I don't like swimming there

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

There is one other option, but no one's brave enough to contemplate it

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

company with limited liability = gesellschaft mit begrenzter haftnung. The most literal there ever was

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Lufthansa puts on hold all flights to Iran, fearing Iran and Israel about to start blastin'

https://www.reuters.com/business/aerospace-defense/germanys-lufthansa-suspends-flights-tehran-amid-middle-east-crisis-2024-04-10/

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

She and her accomplices stole 12 billion dollars from some of the least rich people on earth. There ain't nothing to be conflicted about

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

*Better known for other work

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The time it takes to mobilize a nation with a small incompetent military into a massive competent one is not measured in years but decades. But, I'm not going to argue with anyone paranoiaing out, frankly the more people supporting a militarily re-competent (democratic) europe the better for and calmer the world

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Elon Musk, again, making me argue with Thor against preemptive self defense

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Ok I have to admit, the bastard being forced to listen to this is genuinely funny. You were right facialimpediment

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

The Eyes Have It posted:

Dubai is getting flooded, something like 5-6 inches of rain in the past day. Photos and poo poo are wild.

I think there's a book about this. It had something about money and consequences? It was very judgemental too

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Fragrag posted:

How long until they start pulling up Something Awful posts

Which subforum would be most likely to give him the angriest aneurysm? Is there time to make it us?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

pseudosavior posted:

Honestly he's going through what I have thought for years should be a standard practice in this country: you start a war, your kids (or other family member) get immediately drafted. Not a commissioned position, enlisted.

Make them put some skin in the game, then see how high they wave their banners.

They would adopt 17 year olds from a random poor country

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

I'm semi-sure it's about the hungarian minority in Romania and the effects of the end of AH in 1918, 115 years ago. Why a semi-literate American locally empowered politician is putting forwards legislation about their language education, it wouldn't appear to be motivated by a common impetus for another's well being.
American law barely apply inside America.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

In other news, 30 year old hate crime song against white american culture "Cotton Eye Joe" by Rednex, is breaking records for popularity. It's is a bit hard to distill exactly what's going on outside of (edit:) 3 Billion new youtube views in 26 days, 1 Billion views in 8 days

https://themusic.com.au/news/cotton-eye-joe-smashes-youtube-record-for-rednex/B961GxodHB8/19-04-24

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 21, 2024

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Crossposting because Deutschistan is having a very normal one

To play devil's advocate, if there is one country+subject combination to not joke about,

But then again calling the cops makes it a triple combo

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Civilisation is measured in only two things. How well it treats children, and dogs.

Small cock barbarians the political party.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Dogs can have human food, as a human right

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Hieronymus Fuckin Cosch, 'cause that makes the same amount of sense as they do

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Aight, after a 1min crash course on wiki about scheduling the shock is ya'll have specifically Testosterone use steroids in III but adhd meds in II. Your gyms only have cheaters in them god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Zamujasa posted:

real fun when some fda stooge recently said "you know those adhd meds are overprescribed and likely abused" and meanwhile me, an adhd haver who hasn't been able to get adderall or vyvanse in 3 years, has reverted to a nonfunctional sludge

some of the people leading this country suck poo poo

Tell me about it.

"Hello society, yes, it really is like that, continously giving me and others the largest allowed dose of straight up medical grade amphetamine makes me normal(a bit) like you, to you, and solves a ton of societal issues. Yes it is indeed the same thing that turns a normal person into a coke fiend. Yes they do it to be fun and my people do it to be boring.
No I don't like narcotics. Getting high don't have much appeal to me, because the, the brain, you know. Yes you should have seen me in my younger days, haha. It was a long road. Yes I guess it is very funny haha. From afar. Again, I assure you we are good normal people.

Please, I'm so completely normal I need medicine ☹"