Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1780013586221330757

It's about time. After decades of abuse, I hope Live Nation gets crushed.

this is what happens when you piss off Swifties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I was reading about the Dubai flooding on BBC and I'm just wondering how many gazillions of dollars of mega-high end motor vehicles that just got written off for flood damage and are about to be sent to the crusher.

They won’t go to the crusher, they’ll be salvage titled and sold to idiots on the internet that will make videos about how their 5k Ferrari California had massive electrical issues.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

LongDarkNight posted:

Be awesome if the Dems used this leverage to like get Freedom Caucus loons off of committees.

I’ll be happy if it means we can get budgets passed so we’re not playing shutdown chicken a couple times a year.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

fknlo posted:

The new FAA administrator dropped a bomb on the most common ATC schedule type today. Basically mandates 10 hours between a night and a day shift and 12 hours between a day shift and an overnight shift. This is a good thing, but there was zero collaboration and the union got a literal 7 minutes of notice that it was coming. My bosses think nothing will happen so something will absolutely happen. It'll be interesting to see the angle the union takes since this is directly targeted at safety and fatigue is something they've been hitting for a while. One of the biggest things I've heard was "I can't believe this administration did this" in regards to how it dropped with no notice or collaboration.

For those that are unfamiliar with the generic ATC schedule it's something along the lines of day 1 1500-2300, day 2 1330-2130, day 3 0700-1500, followed by a 0545-1345 and a 1030-0630 on the last day. It's absolutely brutal and it needs to die.

lmfao work in a kitchen, your days off are monday and friday and day last is sunday.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Soul Dentist posted:

Who the gently caress gets Friday off in a kitchen

the guy who writes the schedule and works sunday in fall so you can go to "church" at 1pm

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

facialimpediment posted:

Sure looking like UAW just cracked the south and unionized a VW plant in Chattanooga, roughly 70-30% in the vote:

https://twitter.com/MikeElk/status/1781499655408193639?t=qESUcd6C3bQ9TWL-Hv5FMA&s=19

Final numbers to be posted by the NLRB later, as the only reported numbers are from the UAW observer.

Just VW trying to prove that while they might be poo poo, they're not as poo poo as Tesla

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Wait, somebody still does basic science?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

facialimpediment posted:

Then, there's Alito, who is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is, so everything is just "gently caress you, Republicans win only"

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1783521814758433212?t=iwiyniJeaVVTJOCTLGCyVg&s=19

ya fuckin think?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
okay, did not call that one

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Elviscat posted:

Very SA Front Page in its heyday energy from that website.

Literally the first thing Onion did was shitpost all over their homepage.

So, yep.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Platystemon posted:

Dogs are people, my friend.

ftfy

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Life is a helicopter joke until you don’t pull out up in time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
iirc it also legalizes production and distribution at the federal level as long as you're licensed