Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Don't you tell me to gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thank you Papa Nurgle

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Quackles posted:

How 'bout this?

"Strongest earthquake in 25 years hits Taiwan"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-68719996

kaiju

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

split the difference

ancient kaiju

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

I'm pretty sure "keeping the money you put up" is explicitly not how bonds work, but what I do I know, I'm just an average person

I think you should probably read that as "holding the money in trust" as opposed to keeping it

Nm I was half asleep, I'm an idiot

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 4, 2024

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Problematic Soup posted:

I don’t think that Donny’s brain works like that. I don’t think that his narcissism allows him to admit he did anything wrong. Dude is so pathological, I am honestly not sure he understands objective reality. I feel like admitting fault or not being perfect doesn’t actually exist to him.

Pretty much.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Mandatory minimum of 5 years in Georgia under their RICO statute, I believe.

Edit- yes, it’s a 5-20 year sentence, with 5 being the mandatory minimum.

If he loses that case, which I doubt he does, he’s definitely dying in prison.

my ideal outcome is that disgusting joke of a man seeing his whole rotten empire get torn down before he dies alone and unloved in prison

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which is actually kind of interesting since bush jr was pretty easily responsible for way more human suffering than trump. Sure trump completely dropped the ball on covid, but even then the US only had about 20% more per capita deaths from covid than the EU or about 200k if you attribute the entire difference (including '21 onward) to trump. trump is by all means more of a personally malicious rear end in a top hat, but his unprecedented incompetence and laziness prevented him from doing most of the terrible poo poo he talked about.

bush on the other hand unilaterally started two country-engulfing conflicts, putting 80+ million people into a state of war for decades with estimates of deaths in the high hundreds of thousands, if not millions. He is legitimately a monster who gets a pass because the media played up his aww shucks personality.

globally at least bush was seen as america.jpeg, trump was viewed more as america's id

different aspects i guess but they both captured a certain element of america

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

i learned on epsteins island

ugh

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

A recent example:

Musk stated that the Francis Scott Key bridge could be rebuilt within months by reusing the steel from the collapsed bridge. That was a "Tell me you know nothing about engineering without telling me you know nothing about engineering" moment.

what?

.........i mean, what????

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Exact quote, just de twitterfied for non account havers.

yield?

what's yield, precious?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

honestly i'm surprised he hasn't recommended some kind of submarine-based replacement

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that was pretty wild to discover that the best method for cutting apart that ship was a Giant loving Chain that can somehow operate as a Giant loving Saw. News reports right now have shown the bridge being cut apart by plasma torches and the like, but the underwater work has to be real, real rough.

ever used a cheese slice? it's basically the same principle, only instead of using downward force you're applying a sawing action

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

lol apparently the CYBERTRUCK!!!!!! has a nationwide stop sell order and is likely going to get an emergency recall. No this isn't for the plastic tire covers digging in to the tire side walls and threatening to blow them out at speed that was the last one. This one is for the accelerator pedal. The pedal has a stupid cover on it so it looks CYBER!!!!!-ized, and the cover can work it's way loose. Pretty bad. But wait there's more! When it gets loose it slides up off the top of the pedal where the foot well has a conveniently placed crevice that the pedal cover slides right in to, getting wedged in and holding down the pedal at almost max value.

how is it even dumber than it looks

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: Donnie's an unindicted co-conspirator

am i to understand this means donnie flipped on them?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

There's also a good amount of "this is obviously a Chinese / Russia OP" floating around as though Yuri's shooting mind control beams through the 5G towers.

i almost wish this were true because that would bring us one step closer to a world where Kane runs the show

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hillary loving clinton

it all comes back to her eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GODDAMNIT