Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Crab Dad posted:

The funniest one I recall was van that was delivered money to UCSJ and the driver decided to take a piss while the custodian was delivering money(completely against the rules, I’ve had drivers piss out the gunport in an emergency to not do this).
The custodian came back to no van and the driver was tied up in the bathroom.
None of it made sense since he was an older driver known for his ability to stay in the saddle all day long by pissing in Gatorade bottles. The one time he gets out this happens? lol
He ended up quitting not too long after and moved back to the old country and then disappeared.

The saddest one has got to be the guy I read about a few years ago. Joined up, fairly new ...

And shot his coworkers, took off with the cash. I don't really remember but I wanna say it was like 60k? He was arrested shortly after.

Like what the gently caress? A guy hired specifically to help keep you safe just flat out executes you for the dumbest and most unexciting payoff, not to mention a crime he would know he's 100% gonna get caught for if he wasn't such a dumbass. Totally senseless waste, those poor folks.

e: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/travis-baumgartner-gets-40-years-without-parole-for-killing-co-workers-1.1706464

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

facialimpediment posted:

If you really want some fun poo poo, I think he's on ozempic.

But anyways, kind of a bummer that Solid Snake became a porch pirate:

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1775960527677903113?t=L3FQmcAucMsDGGlATYxSSw&s=19

https://youtu.be/igMGKw6csyY?si=dMwXUwkazbObWTa-

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I was just looking at some old stuff from years ago and ran across comics / commentary I remember about the Bush Jr presidency. What a wild ride.

Stuff from people who very clearly considered Bush to be a total, absolute, 100% worst case scenario. The foulest of all possible outcomes; an absolute low point. Holy poo poo if they had known that in less time than they'd think they'd want to crawl across broken glass for someone even a tenth as competent as him, they'd probably have just checked out entirely.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Yeah, I think no one really realized or expected how close they were to an actual malicious, criminal rear end in a top hat.

e: thankfully we at least don't have to worry about another Bush *knocks on wood*

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 5, 2024

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
This is from close to twenty years ago, but a distract relative I was chatting with at wedding lived in Japan for a while and said where he was you purchased tickets based on the number of stops you travel. Ticket agents would sometimes come to check tickets, and if you didn't have the correct one (ie paid for one stop but traveling further) then the penalty was... having to buy the correct ticket.

Side note he observed it was as ridiculous how much a foreigner could get away with because it was assumed that you just didn't know any better.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Dubai is getting flooded, something like 5-6 inches of rain in the past day. Photos and poo poo are wild.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I wonder if any of these people have ever had even part of their body on fire before, because I have the feeling it's worse than most people imagine and it goes from 0-100 in about a millisecond & only gets worse from there on out. I just can't imagine it's something anyone would choose unless they just simply don't know what they're in for.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 20, 2024

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Deluded self-imagined power brokers kind of reminds me of Julian "I'm trying to stop two wars!" Assange. Haven't heard from him for a while come to think of it.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
There are plenty of employees who don't really know any better, too. They agreed to a non-compete and will honor it (or figure they just have to) without knowing it's mostly BS.
In addition, it's just a thing that has a chilling effect on, well, everything except the boss's sense of security I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Meanwhile, Columbia actin like Columbus (I mean it's right there in the name)