Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I see gently caress You Friday has migrated to Monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Is this implying the dude sleeping in the truck didn't even wake up?

That's what I gathered from the article. Heavy sleeper or inside job, taking all bets

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Let's see old Donnie wiggle out of this one

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Antigravitas posted:

Half marathon.

I'm tired just looking at that picture

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Buckees is basically a mini Walmart with a food court, so yeah they are massive

Plus plentiful and super clean bathrooms

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1778435675949269424?t=13o_jfvfJUNCEoAkRwI6GA&s=19

It is funny that from Police Squad! to Naked Gun that Nordberg changed from white dude to OJ. The woke mind virus found another victim

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

psydude posted:

Local transit operators employ ticket checkers who dress in non-descript clothing and appear suddenly on trains to harass tourists and students. Because apparently this is better than just using turnstiles. I used to jokingly refer to them as the Train Stasi until someone advised me that I could probably be sued for it.

Is it for using the word Stasi to describe them or just disparaging them in general? If it is the former, could call them the Train Pinkertons

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/Iran_UN/status/1779269993043022053?t=vlOHdVD_gCeSoON-FiSIHA&s=19

Give plenty of warning, launch some missiles that will be counterfired, call it a day

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Crossposting this because it's big news:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-888_1b8e.pdf

Supreme Court just ruled that if you have two periods of service that would each independently qualify you for both MGIB and Post 9/11, you're able to use both up to a combined 48 months of benefits. Previously, you were capped at 36 months.

This would make me happy if I can have an additional 12 months with the MGIB once my remaining 7 from the post-9/11 are exhausted in the future. Gotta get that doctorate one way or another (my husband has a PhD and is in academia, so yes I realize in a perfect world you should never ever pay for a doctorate)

Edit: I am going to guess that the VA, in an attempt to gently caress over veterans, is going to say that if you exhausted your post-9/11 GI Bill and thus got back your $1200 bucks from the MGIB, you're hosed

Nick Soapdish fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 16, 2024

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Our Dumb Century was written 25 years ago. Even if nothing much had changed those dudes would've likely moved on by now.

ASAPI posted:

Holy poo poo I am old

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I don't know the veracity of his claim but I follow an addiction medicine MD on Twitter so was saying that DEAs decision don't actually consult medical doctors for how they decide things, e.g., the ADHD medication limiting and cannabis