Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

wouldn't be the first time someone lied about kissin chickens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

From the article:

Is this implying the dude sleeping in the truck didn't even wake up?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If this stuff pisses you off more than it makes you laugh, I’m sorry but you might be doing it wrong.

I mean this poo poo is hilarious.

He’s never gonna be president again, he will do jail time, and he’ll be destitute. All within the next 48 months. Even if only 1 of those happens it’s a huge lol for me dawg.

If the mcstroke doesn’t get him first.

Laugh and enjoy watching Rome burn, I say.

He’s gonna outlive us all

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Crossposting from the YOSPOS SecFuck thread:

So in summary he posted his “Pounded in the butt as Israel’s top secret security chief by surprise Hamas hang gliders” novel with his sariely@gmail.com account huh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

So it's in line with Elon's use of very niche literature references to name the barges his rockets use to land.

I think it’s pretty unlikely Elon ever actually read Banks; the Culture novels would give him a panic attack

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Reading about these towns of 10,000 people expecting 200,000 visitors nearly gave me a panic attack. What a loving nightmare that's going to be.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

psydude posted:

I managed to rediscover running as a kind of meditation exercise later on. But the one thing I still can't loving stand is pushups.

I don't know what the hangup is but pushups were always the one calisthenic I could not stand. They always felt like the worst possible thing I could be doing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Historically Trump has effortlessly navigated the situations he gets himself into telling everyone what they want to hear because ultimately they’ll still vote for him

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Before writing it entirely off as bullshit, this is an evaluation by people who have spent every hour of every day since the Ukraine war kicked off digging into every bit of intel on Russia they can get. Of course they could be wrong, but if they're right that's a scary thought. Two years would also put the US in the middle of a potential Trump presidency and he has said multiple times that Russia can do whatever the gently caress they want to Europe and Trump doesn't care.

The ongoing war in Europe is really looking like a case study in failing to press an advantage and letting a belligerent take all the time it needed to regroup and address its failings.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I have no issue with billionaires finding a speedy path through the criminal justice system

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Edit: hang on I’m not on board with the OJ conspiracy anymore

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's good to see americans don't have a monopoly on this poo poo maybe?

Ironically goons thinking the US has a monopoly on everything from imperial measurements to bad tourists is itself a form of American exceptionalism

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

I really worry that Biden allowing the US to be pulled further into the conflict Israel has sparked could be the thing that loses him the election.

That wouldn’t be my preferred outcome but if he gets more Americans killed over this I wouldn’t blame people for dropping their support.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

here's the video, as the idiocy is demonstrated a bit better looking at it in picture form

https://twitter.com/elaifresh/status/1779587107046232270?t=Ijtp2jCmMChd0K7m7GHwTA&s=19

It looks so loving cheap inside

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

everybody was into a Hogby at some point in time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Better to do it now while you're thinking about it. That's the GOP way.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trump can only intimidate jurors twenty or thirty more times until he gets slammed with a $1000 fine

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Is the aid a loan or is it a “loan”?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Specifically forgivable by Joe Biden, with the only way to defeat that a veto override? Oh baby that’s a “loan”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A university using their own transportation to cart students off to jail is great optics

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Spacecraft and payload design is pretty remarkable. Some real "this apple is now an orange" stuff goes on as components wear out and get blasted by charged particles.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

12 Red states already are banning DEI programs for all schools. UT Austin and colleges across those states are firing dozens of teachers for fear of drawing the wrath of chuds who would pull millions of dollars in funding for the schools.

gently caress those pieces of dog poo poo.

live by the chud, die by the chud. gently caress them schools

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Star Wars quote gets ban

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol if you haven’t ridden 30 miles drunk in a pickup bed out in the cut

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It's a step in the right direction. Years overdue, but it's absolutely progress. Still should be legal at the federal level, though, and ideally should stop loving over people who want to get security clearances or not lie on a 4473.

It hasn't been strictly true that marijuana use fucks over people wanting to get security clearances for quite a while. The process is still too inconsistent for comfort, but it's generally sufficient to be truthful on your application and discontinue use.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah I'm not talking about getting hired specifically into Biden's staff

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

Look, I've seen people get turbo hosed for lying on their apps thinking they'd never get caught. I'm sure lots of people get away with it, and good for them, but I ain't willing to take that risk.

Well yeah that's what the being truthful part is about. You will absolutely get hosed for lying, just only maybe hosed for telling the truth (I'm living proof of the latter working out).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You can do a lot of the things your not supposed to do and get a clearance.

This generally only applies if:

You are in the military and have kept your nose clean for the most part.

You don’t lie.

You did all the stupid clearance ending poo poo before you joined.

Your references are solid.

Caveat: I haven’t dealt with this poo poo in a decade.

Toke up, gently caress the security state.

I swear to god when I was looking at that list of clearance approval appeals that went around a few years ago I saw an adult drug dealer get his clearance approved after sufficient acknowledgment that he wouldn't do it again.