Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

April current events gently caress you.

Fixed that for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Edit: wrong thread

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/highbrow_nobrow/status/1775977484472787087?t=QvQphCaDPUbQX4IHDJ6uuQ&s=19

I have done a complete 180 on RFK Jr. He has to stay in the race now, until the bitter end, and also ditch that lady and pick George Santos as his running mate. America deserves nothing less.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I went diving in a cenote- the large freshwater cave systems that dot Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula. As far as cave diving goes, it was easy mode- two dive masters for a group of four, no squeezes, and never further than 50 yards from an air source. Swimming through a halocline (where freshwater meets saltwater) was cool, but this was pretty much a one and done thing for me.

When I was 22, some friends and I explored this cave- aptly named Hell Hole. I didn’t even do the 90’ rope into a pit but I did do all of the squeezes up top. We made it out unscathed and were pretty stoked on the adventure (we had spent months searching for the entrance) , but a few weeks later I watched the film “The Descent” and had a deep, long think about what could happen to a few inexperienced stoners whose safety plan extended as far as “let’s bring our bike helmets.” I decided I was done with hardcore caving at that point.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Just figured we’d get a DP after one full of double entendres.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Naramyth posted:

Cave diving in subnatica gave me anxiety. I’m good, thanks.

Try playing it in VR. Even the shallows ramp up to terrifying super quickly.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Yeah whatever

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

golden bubble posted:

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1780013586221330757

It's about time. After decades of abuse, I hope Live Nation gets crushed.

Vietnamese billionaire treatment when?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Sure looking like UAW just cracked the south and unionized a VW plant in Chattanooga, roughly 70-30% in the vote:

https://twitter.com/MikeElk/status/1781499655408193639?t=qESUcd6C3bQ9TWL-Hv5FMA&s=19

Final numbers to be posted by the NLRB later, as the only reported numbers are from the UAW observer.

While it’s cool and good UAW scored a victory in Chattanooga, Mike Elk is kind of a creep and a bit of a grifter so I’d definitely only trust the union’s numbers and statements.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Seeing the documentary about the JWSTS at Udvar-Hazy left me with such a sense of childlike wonder and fascination. All of my interactions with people involved in space- ranging from the professors who taught the entry level astronomy and astrophysics courses I took as electives in undergrad to the professor I met last month who talked my friends’ ears off about how cool eclipses are- have been super positive and left me convinced that they have the highest degree of personal and professional satisfaction with their work.

More funding for NASA plz, preferably all of it

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

Star Wars quote gets ban

"It's-a clear desa separatists made a pact wesa desa Federation du Trade. Senators, "dellow felagates." In response to this direct threat to the Republic, mesa propose that the senate give immediately emergency powers to the Supreme Chancellor."

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Where’s the dog now Joe

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

It's a step in the right direction. Years overdue, but it's absolutely progress. Still should be legal at the federal level, though, and ideally should stop loving over people who want to get security clearances or not lie on a 4473.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Tiny Timbs posted:

It hasn't been strictly true that marijuana use fucks over people wanting to get security clearances for quite a while. The process is still too inconsistent for comfort, but it's generally sufficient to be truthful on your application and discontinue use.

:ironicat:

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/transition-playbook/2021/03/30/high-times-at-1600-penn-492299

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/03/02/white-house-applicants-weed-companies-00013390

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I work in higher ed in a security management role, albeit one that has nothing whatsoever with on-campus safety and security. I’m simply astounded by how badly these universities are handling this issue. It would cost pennies on the dollar to provide portable sanitation and other measures to mute the impact of a student camp-out in a public space, and would present a hell of a lot less reputational risk than Instagram videos of cops kicking the poo poo out of protestors. And an escalatory response merits an escalatory response- disperse an encampment from the quad and watch the protestors occupy a university building.

These kids want to be seen and more importantly heard. Give them the time and space to do so. This is exactly what academia is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Eason the Fifth posted:

DTA (death to academia)

Yeah sure, fine, maybe after all of the medical research projects, vaccine clinics in underserved areas in the US and abroad, and partner programs with universities in the developing world are done. Otherwise gently caress university admins and people who exist only to make sure donors fee-fees aren’t hurt and the endowments are replenished.