Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Platystemon posted:

This seems like something that the attorney general of the state where the company is licensed might be interested in.

If it's a Republican AG they'll probably give them an award and/or sue New York for being mean to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

I've always thought that two-tiered justice both refers to rich/poor and white collar / blue collar. Donnie's a special rich white collar boy, so these systemic stall-points are tailor-made for him.

One thing that's not different is that justice is always slow (speedy trial, what speedy trial?)... but it's slow for both people sitting in Rikers and relaxing in mansions.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I am sure no one ever bids with an unrealistic schedule and then blackmails the government to pay more to complete it way late.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

ded posted:

just melt it all down and reforge it! 0% loss!!!!!!!!!!

i am very smart

I imagine it will get recycled; and the specifics are probably pretty interesting[1] (as would be the specifics for creating the replacement and arranging timely supplies of nice and fresh steel of appropriate spec for it.)

[1] Like imagine what's involved in recycling a scrapped battleship? Must be pretty cool.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I am pretty sure when you're running 42km you're clearly past the "exercise is good for you" stage and far into the "being a serious top-level athlete is just wrecking your body" stage.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

They will 100% believe that he's lying to get elected because he already did the thing they wanted so he's actually on their side.
And they would be correct.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Yes, and the lazy thing to do is to nominate judges off the list that gets handed to him.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Sleepy Donald!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

Mike Johnson is going to get things done and get McCarthy'd for it:
https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1780934341092057530

I hope he resigns and the narrow-thin majority becomes that much smaller.
If he is kept in power with Democrats' help, though, that would potentially backfire on the ultra-crazies?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Well, half is forgivable by Joe Biden, half by whoever wins the next election per above. The first half is also conveniently forgivable after the election.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Oh, Russia cares in the sense that anyone that gives a hint they want Russians gone is likely to be disappeared into a torture room or a nameless grave in a nearby forest.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

My Spirit Otter posted:

goddamn, thats incredibly stupid.

imagine being able to change the rule, but not doing it. but by not doing it, you have a chance of being known as the guy who lost his job because of marjorie taylor greene. if she ever learned how to write a bill.... or write

He might expect the Democrats to save him, and they may want to.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

If my university did this it would have a full on revolt on its hand. Like, flaming pitchforks coated in whatever nasty poo poo the chemistry institutes could cook up.

The arrests, or having Jewish students face "go back to Poland" chants?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Antigravitas posted:

Playing cops.

Dunno about Columbia (or Yale, I guess), but some US universitys' police departments are on paper actual cops that have undergone whatever appropriate procedures that entails (except they often end up deferring to real cops for things more serious than drunken hujinks anyway).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Someone needs to make SNES cartridges with RTGs for battery backup. I wonder how small one can make one?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Didn't this stuff first start making it into public conscience because some sandwich shop sued an ex employee and then there were articles about someone else being lovely like that to like a construction worker?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Didn't he previously run away from taxes to Russia?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Hillary Fuckin' Clinton am I right

And also her embarrassing brother, Hugh Fuckin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

If steroids were really that dangerous cops would be an extinct species by now

Well, but if the argument is they cause irritability and aggression, well, cops aren't much of a counterargument, are they?