Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bored As gently caress posted:

Is this March 2020 vibes or is this thing not really as bad as I think?

This was the second person in the US to get it, the other being in 2022. The virus has been around since 1997. The first guy had fatigue, this guy has eye redness.
No need to borrow trouble, please remain bored as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

I read Stranger in a Strange Land in high school and desperately wanted a Martian orgy.

I learned how to kiss and how to approach sex from Stranger in a Strange Land.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

That either went very well or very poorly for you.

It's still going very well.

quote:

I’ve been kissed by men who did a very good job. But they don’t give kissing their whole attention. They can’t. No matter how hard they try parts of their minds are on something else. Missing the last bus—or their chances of making the gal—or their own techniques in kissing—or maybe worry about jobs, or money, or will husband or papa or the neighbors catch on. Mike doesn’t have technique . . . but when Mike kisses you he isn’t doing anything else. You’re his whole universe . . . and the moment is eternal because he doesn’t have any plans and isn’t going anywhere. Just kissing you.

And brilliant definition of grok, the double entendre at the end is :discourse:

Subjunctive posted:

Can I preorder your autobiography? Very curious.
Lol. Island is there too. And the Hardy Boys. And the AAFES catalog lingerie section

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

psydude posted:

They also wanted assurances that he wouldn't be given the death penalty.

US has given the assurances, UK will review them on May 20.
https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/news/u...y-if-extradited

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Does this actually happen? I've signed employment agreements that include non-competes for practically every job including some in seriously anti-labor states, and it has never been a factor with changing jobs.

It seems like a good policy change on paper, but is it like the federal marijuana possession clemency where it helped like 11 people in practice? If it's just a press release while a meaningful rule change is passed off to someone else for years (like actual marijuana rescheduling) that's less impressive.

The clemency for the 11 people was for distribution or conspiracy to distribute crack, coke and meth . I happened at the same time as the further expansion of the previous marijuana pardons which made the Biden Bad narrative easier to manufacture. As most marijuana possession cases are state cases which a President cannot pardon, there wasn't going to be as much effect anyway.

Since federal labor law reaches considerably farther into employment everywhere in the US, there's going to be more effect than federal marijuana laws.

So no, it's not like federal marijuana possession clemency where it helped like 11 people, because the premise is false. But it's even better because federal labor policy affects far, far more people than federal marijuana laws.

But management will still try to screw labor, and since it's not FALGSC, Biden still bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Trump having to do even a single day in jail would be like birthday, 4th of July and New Years combined. And a delicious minefield for his lawyers.