Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

stealie72 posted:

We live in the Assholeocene. There is no bare minimum of civilized behavior to participate in society anymore. It's all just screaming and poo poo flinging.

And how!

quote:

Basye is a former Missouri state representative and failed Columbia School Board candidate who is running for the state Senate as a Republican. He’s also a sad little man who needs therapy — and to touch some grass.

Basye is running against former state Representative (and former Missouri Democratic Party chairman) Stephen Webber, who has posted screenshots of Basye’s most vile social media rants condemning his “lewd, sexual comments.”

“Basye filed at the urging of Senate Majority Leader Cindy O’Laughlin, who didn’t want to hand Democrats a seat held for 16 years by the GOP,” according to the Missouri Independent.

Instead of coming up with actual policy ideas and working to help potential voters and constituents, Basye seems content to spend his time on social media posting uncreative slurs on posts regarding his opponent and hypothesizing about whether the person on the other end of his computer screen might be gay. His Facebook cover photo is a dog’s rear end in a top hat filling in for the O in “Joe Biden.”

“Are you one of those St. Louis f*gs that aren’t happy unless everyone is unhappy?” Basye asked one commenter on Facebook. “You look like a union-controlled dipshit that can’t think for yourself unless someone tells you what to do.” (Note that the asterisks in this and all the quotes that follow are the RFT’s, not Basye’s.)

The commenter responded and asked Basye if he has considered therapy, meditation or perhaps watching the sunset.

“How about grabbing a dildo and loving yourself!” Basye responded.

“You and the f*ggot [name redacted] obviously don’t know anything about me,” Basye responded to one commenter. “But if I ever see either of you pussies in public you’ll find out.”

In a post truly becoming of a public servant, Basye responded to a woman saying:

“You must be lovin on Stephen Webber’s bullshit,” referring to his political opponent. “I first ran for office in 2014, two years after redistricting. I beat a Democrat incumbent. Stephen Webber is mad because the incumbent I beat was his boyfriend. That’s why Webber won’t let you blow him. He likes boys.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

How insane is it that I’d walk over broken glass to get a Jeb presidency over another Trump one?

Because I have 0 love for the Bush family, but goddamn if Jeb isn’t a saint in comparison to Trump.

poo poo, I’d vote Romney if he were the only other candidate.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crab Dad posted:

Grok is a very old slang term in silicone valley. We would use it inchanged with wok and rock as a silly way to describe something awesome.
This was back in the mid 90s.

It's from Robert Heinlein's 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land and means, approximately, to comprehend and understand something or someone in the fullest way possible, as if it were consumed and made part of your person.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I read Stranger in a Strange Land in high school and desperately wanted a Martian orgy.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Not all Star Trek fans are pedophiles, but almost all pedophiles are Star Trek fans.

Take that for whatever it is worth. nothing

mods knew

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

joat mon posted:

I learned how to kiss and how to approach sex from Stranger in a Strange Land.

That either went very well or very poorly for you.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

I feel real bad for those people that got rooms and went to Arkansas and Texas for the eclipse. Can't be me, though. There's not a single cloud in sight in New Hampshire, not even over mt. Washington.

I’m in a national forest in southern Illinois. Only clouds in the sky are cirrus. It’s going to be beautiful. Except the part where my girls are going to have to find somewhere to pee.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He's still a labor-sucking ghoul, he just goes about it in a way that's acceptable in polite society.

He also works in the Democratic process. He’s not going to trade in fascist lies and mobs to overthrow the government.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

davecrazy posted:

Pence said that he “turned his back” on the pro life crowd that got him elected in ‘16.

They will 100% believe that he's lying to get elected because he already did the thing they wanted so he's actually on their side.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

OddObserver posted:

And they would be correct.

He's on the side of being lazy and self absorbed. He'll do what they want if it's easy and helps him. He won't if it won't.
I have no doubts that Trump does not care in the slightest about abortion laws one way or another.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

How the gently caress is Biden the only one who's catching poo poo for looking old?

Once the media assigns roles, they are not to be changed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

https://youtu.be/mU7XDHxCcEU?si=PsYKLa1NFNVatIva

Early on, Donnie had to escrow money into an account for a lawyer to agree to represent him (if I recall correctly - $2m). But as he's paid $76m for lawyers, all out of campaign/donor money, it's pretty clear he's willing to pay them and not stiff them... until the donor money runs out.

Donor money will flow as long as social security checks are on time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude posted a substack article before he did it:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

it's crypto/qanon poo poo.

Scroll scroll scroll Kitty Dukakis scroll scroll scroll The Simpsons and organized crime scroll scroll scroll okay this guy was nuts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

A.o.D. posted:

Instead she has decided to stand up for the rights of the ethnic Hungarians living in.. hang on let me check my notes... A place called Transcarpathia. She's introduced this.. thing to the House:

https://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/ethnic%20minorities%20amendment240418131602176.pdf

It's just typical noise, but there's no way she knew that place existed until someone handed her a note with it written down, right?

She's demanding bilingual education to accommodate linguistic and ethnic minorities?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MonkeyFit posted:

And MTG said today that Johnson either needs to resign, or he will be vacated. I hope it happens.

Literally nobody in Congress cares what she says or does.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

pseudosavior posted:

If the cops didn't come to start a riot, why are they all dressed up for one?

The police are not there to create disorder; the police are there to preserve disorder.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Arrath posted:

Uh that sounds dope. Good things are possible??

We shall see. Chickens are not yet hatched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Opens up a lot more potential for prescription and research use.