Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
But I thought we didn't have an antimemetics division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cugel the Clever posted:

You need to remember to take your mnestics.

You joke, but I forget to take my ADHD meds all the time, and it's basically the same loving thing lol lmao

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

He’s never gonna be president again, he will do jail time, and he’ll be destitute. All within the next 48 months.

i wish i had the confidence of a mediocre white man

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

OddObserver posted:

I imagine it will get recycled; and the specifics are probably pretty interesting[1] (as would be the specifics for creating the replacement and arranging timely supplies of nice and fresh steel of appropriate spec for it.)

[1] Like imagine what's involved in recycling a scrapped battleship? Must be pretty cool.

Most shipbreaking is done by starving people in horrible, deadly conditions :sun:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alang_Ship_Breaking_Yard

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

facialimpediment posted:

Yeah that was pretty wild to discover that the best method for cutting apart that ship was a Giant loving Chain that can somehow operate as a Giant loving Saw.

This begs the question "Why do starships in 40K not also have chainswords, perhaps on those big dumb tumblehome bows they are so insistent on using???"

(I blame the Adeptus unwillingness to innovate)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Handsome Ralph posted:

:emptyquote:

I wanna get my scuba cert knocked out at some point for basic rear end rec diving, but anything beyond that, no thank you. And honestly I don't even know if I'll be able to thanks to sinus issues.

I think the only exception I have to nothing beyond basic rec diving is that I'd like to go on one of those dive tours of the sunken Imperial German fleet at Scapa Flow at some point.

I'd still recommend the Advanced class for skills development and nitrox for comfort and extended bottom time, once you're comfortable with the basics. They're easy to do and I definitely found that I was hooked and eager for more after my first dive.

A rescue cert is also a great idea if you end up diving a lot. It's physically grueling because it's a lot of swimming and dragging people through the water and up onto a beach, but not _difficult_ per se. And first aid training is never a bad idea.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

omg lol. "extended bottom time" indeed

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
you want to do what with my gesellschaft?!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Platystemon posted:

I choose to believe that this statement was given via telephone, and the official actually said “hashtag Israel”.

I laughed inappropriately hard at this. I feel like we've been close to that world ever since "Twitter diplomacy" became a thing.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I love how the expanding sphere of gas looks exactly like Missile Command

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Tiny Timbs posted:

It hasn't been strictly true that marijuana use fucks over people wanting to get security clearances for quite a while. The process is still too inconsistent for comfort, but it's generally sufficient to be truthful on your application and discontinue use.

Holding space for all the folks that will go belly up to CISA for a job that requires a clearance the day the feds do something about the "discontinue use" part