Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Aww, I wanted to borrow trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lol they're gonna run another R

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Hyrax Attack! posted:

$30 million stolen in LA from a cash storage facility on Easter. Which apparently didn’t have any staff on site that day?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-03/sylmar-burglary-money-storage-facility-30-million

You steal that much money and manage to not kill anybody,

hobbesmaster posted:

If you pull off an ocean’s eleven heist irl you should get to keep the money.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

maffew buildings posted:

I have to count mine weekly and set reminders to request refills so this doesn't happen. I also have to remind myself "hey man you took your adderall 45 minutes ago, do life stuff" rather than go back to sleep in the morning sometimes.

Taking adderall and going back to sleep for an hour, a clear sign of it's dangers in my ADHD brain

I started concerta recently and the first day I nearly went back to bed within a couple hours. I thought it was supposed to wake me up damnit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

hobbesmaster posted:

That’s basically the firmest confirmation you have ADHD

What's funny is I have had adderall in the past and it did not make me tired, though I suspect it might have been because it was instant release

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Bush should get no credit since he was still surrounded by malignant fucks and a lot (all?) of those by choice. And his decisions have, so far*, had arguably worse repercussions than trump's, although that could very well change. In short I wouldn't be too quick to look at the bush years with rosy lenses

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

I read Stranger in a Strange Land in high school and desperately wanted a Martian orgy.

lol I thought heinlein was a weirdo even then.

maffew buildings posted:

every time I see grok i mmediately assume someone misspelled "gork", one of the two brother ork gods, and then i am very dissapointed in the truth of the matter. gork and mork would have no time for sweaty orgies, gork and mork have their priorities straight (fighting) hell yeah

The bonobo/chimp dichotomy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He's really, really loving stupid

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

A.o.D. posted:

He's also a champion at the "let someone know you're not x without saying you're not x" genre of bad posting.

Not really sure what genre that is but I'm sure he is also it because he is also very bad at posting. What did you mean tho

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

SerthVarnee posted:

This bit reminded me of the difference between pilot training on the Enterprise and the Hornet.

If you hosed up a flight on the Enterprise, your punishment was extra flight hours until you got it right and could be relied upon to do it right.
If you hosed up a flight on the Hornet, your punishment was to be allotted LESS flight hours, presumably to teach you a lesson about not loving up under pressure.

For some reason, the Hornet did a piss poor job during the battle of Midway and that reason lies squarely on the shoulders of the air commander, Stanhope Ring.

They send you back to lake michigan until you get it right

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh so like basically everything he posts

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cave diving seems a great way to turn money into a very unique coffin

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

But they didn't recover the body that's why the coffin is unique lol

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Is anyone remotely surprised

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Running sucks, almost any other form of aerobic exercise is better. What I really want is a place to swim :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

This might be my single favorite photo of his. It's either this or the North Korean general, but I think this takes the cake

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

I think the general one gets the medal because even lil' Kim is looking at him just completely amazed at how astonishingly stupid this walking, barely coherent doofus is. The look on his face seals it for me.

I actually give him a the tiniest iota of credit for that, not so much because I love juche but because at least there was an attempt to remedy sour relations. Albeit probably to stroke his own ego or possibly because he wants a trump property in pyongyang. Which would be really, really funny. You know what, I think that is the funniest picture, you convinced me.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My Spirit Otter posted:

why waste your time?

They were counting on an eye donor and didn't want damaged goods

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not far from me, they built a big 7-11; like a flagship store more than twice the size of average, with a dozen gas pumps. It was supposed to be the centerpiece of a new buildup next to an off ramp. Cost over 2 million to build.

Closed indefinitely having never opened, because the people who were in charge of the project tried to bypass certain permits to build quick, and told some mistruths on their applications. The Project heads were in good with the local government, and this was supposed to be the lynch pin of this new build up, and instead is an anchor no one can get rid off.

More of an albatross, really

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Are they privately owned?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

goatsestretchgoals posted:

We forget that this was 2 years after the assholes who beat Rodney King half to death got off.

Yeah we all know OJ was a wife murdering piece of poo poo but also Mark Fuhrerman was a typical LA cop.

Yeah, when a certain aged and disposition white person gets all aghast at black people "celebrating" a murderer, they're really celebrating beating the lapd when they had home court advantage. It's pretty unfortunate it had to come at the lives of two people but what are you gonna do. If there was any hint of impropriety or malfeasance on their part, that jury wasn't gonna convict. And the LAPD wasn't sending their best.

psydude posted:

This is true in plenty of other places. In the UK, if you've got enough money you can actually criminally prosecute someone yourself. It's had predictable results. Meanwhile, in Germany, suing anyone and everyone is practically a national pass time. To the point where many folks take out legal insurance to help with hiring an attorney for when their neighbors inevitably sue them.

For all the faults of the US legal system, it's nowhere close to the level of an authoritarian regime like Vietnam or China.

It's just like the milhist thread all over again. Apparently germans got that poo poo in their blood.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

psydude posted:

Local transit operators employ ticket checkers who dress in non-descript clothing and appear suddenly on trains to harass tourists and students. Because apparently this is better than just using turnstiles. I used to jokingly refer to them as the Train Stasi until someone advised me that I could probably be sued for it.

It's good to see americans don't have a monopoly on this poo poo maybe?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Platystemon posted:

Skill issue.

Scale issue

(jk, i love whoever we're talking about)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Quackles posted:

Unlimited extra credit was available for finding typos and the like.

A strangely good idea

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Psychotic? Don't mind if I do!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Same. I haven't had a restful pre-sleep in ages

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zamujasa posted:

it would sting slightly less if the bad things constantly happening in this world would ever happen to the people who deserved it.

I would gladly forego bad things happening to people who deserve it if it meant it also wouldn't happen to those who didn't.

I would also like a billion dollars, or functioning healthcare, one of which is probably more likely than the other two

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The Eyes Have It posted:

Dubai is getting flooded, something like 5-6 inches of rain in the past day. Photos and poo poo are wild.

Oh no. Anyway,

I'm just kidding, rip probably a bunch of underpaid (unpaid?) SEAsians. Now them I DO feel bad for

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Coasterphreak posted:

lmfao work in a kitchen, your days off are monday and friday and day last is sunday.

You dind't work fridays and sundays? Not sure if those are other side of the industry phrases, I usually just delivered. Anyway everything about food service is loving insane. You will be working every time you're sick and you will never get a break. Unless you smoke, then you'll get an hour paid break per shift.

I recommend rolling your own at this point.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Flikken posted:

Fund NASA!

Take the money from police :twisted:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

shame on an IGA posted:

fun detail about voyager, the program code only exists in always-powered static RAM like all your SNES cartridge saves. The designers figured if the radiothermal generator output dropped below that threshold everything was hosed anyway and they probably hit a rock.

We're gonna have to save voyager. We're going to have to send a crew out to blow on the cartridges

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

Cool country we have here where these people are not only allowed to continue to walk free but also seek and acquire power and adulation then brag about all of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/apr/26/trump-kristi-noem-shot-dog-and-goat-book

There's multiple pointless and cruel animal deaths in there so, like, click with care and don't if you're not in a good place at the moment.

That Construction worker? Also in the gravel pit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bulletsponge13 posted:

2nd the motion. What a rancid piece of poo poo. I wonder how she remembers telling the children vs how they remember it.

That dog didn't do anything wrong, the people did.

I was just making a joke about her murdering the witnesses, not actually suggesting the construction worker should be executed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

She's hauling em to the gravel pit anyway

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Woodchip posted:

Naders going to be big again today in the Midwest. Ryan Hall’s stream is popping off.

Unsafe at any speed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This reminds me of the time some internet dufus (I can't keep track of all of them) got dunked on when he responded to some article about a bunch of people saying what they would make illegal if they had the chance, "Notably, none of them said 'crime'."

The obvious counter being, "Crime is already illegal, that's why it's called Crime."

Being a right wing intelligentsia has got to be the easiest job in the world.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

:negative:
Katy.... noooooo

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Aight, after a 1min crash course on wiki about scheduling the shock is ya'll have specifically Testosterone use steroids in III but adhd meds in II. Your gyms only have cheaters in them god drat

There is no gym in this country post... middle school (maybe) level that doesn't have dopers. It's absolutely a quiet epidemic at this point and if it turns out the drugs aren't as safe as they claim to be (though still apparently more so than the old ones), we're gonna have a real fun time in the future.

Zamujasa posted:

real fun when some fda stooge recently said "you know those adhd meds are overprescribed and likely abused" and meanwhile me, an adhd haver who hasn't been able to get adderall or vyvanse in 3 years, has reverted to a nonfunctional sludge

some of the people leading this country suck poo poo

You know you wouldn't think they'd be so tightassed about anything that improves productivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lake of Methane posted:

Doesn't the US have a whole mess of laws that functionally make it impossible to boycott or divest business interests in Israel?

I recall there were people in Texas seeking federal aid after a hurricane, and one of the requirements was a certify that they would not engage in any BDS activities.

Lol