Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m assuming not only did he gently caress up the test he must of also said some horrifically racist poo poo in the office that made them not want him no matter what.

Like my wife’s cousin failed the asvab by only signing his name and crying on it and he still got a waver to join ( he did take it again later and got some sort of score).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Can’t wait for some skip-tracer to nab him while he sits in his limo waiting for his driver to get him some McDonald’s.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

GD_American posted:

or at least advise on your movie

Been there done that. You can stack more money if you do it nice and neatly. Also use the canvass bags to cover the windows so people from the outside cant see it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

That's what I gathered from the article. Heavy sleeper or inside job, taking all bets

Guaranteed inside job. The people working at the branch most likely getting payed like $20 a hour to coordinate shipping and would know how lazy the staff driving the trucks would be.
Sometimes I actually miss the work but then I recall how absolutely cutrate the industry has become and glad I got the gently caress out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah the whole thing seems sketchy. From another article:

I've wondered how that industry works when people are paid small amounts to guard extremely expensive merchandise and have a lot of time to think about security. Guessing museum have that problem too except it is far harder to convert a painting to cash than jewelry or, uh, cash.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2022-09-16/la-fi-brinks-jewelry-heist-timeline

We thought about it a lot but due to the rising cost of butthole replacement surgery I opted to just day dream about it and not actually ever do it. Mostly we talked about it from like a red/blue team perspective.

The funniest one I recall was van that was delivered money to UCSJ and the driver decided to take a piss while the custodian was delivering money(completely against the rules, I’ve had drivers piss out the gunport in an emergency to not do this).
The custodian came back to no van and the driver was tied up in the bathroom.
None of it made sense since he was an older driver known for his ability to stay in the saddle all day long by pissing in Gatorade bottles. The one time he gets out this happens? lol
He ended up quitting not too long after and moved back to the old country and then disappeared.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Eyes Have It posted:

The saddest one has got to be the guy I read about a few years ago. Joined up, fairly new ...

And shot his coworkers, took off with the cash. I don't really remember but I wanna say it was like 60k? He was arrested shortly after.

Like what the gently caress? A guy hired specifically to help keep you safe just flat out executes you for the dumbest and most unexciting payoff, not to mention a crime he would know he's 100% gonna get caught for if he wasn't such a dumbass. Totally senseless waste, those poor folks.

e: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/travis-baumgartner-gets-40-years-without-parole-for-killing-co-workers-1.1706464

Yeah that’s chump change and wouldn’t even fill up one bank ATM.

I once moved a truck stacked with so much money I was forced to put it in the cab up front breaking every rule imaginable from insurance to policy due to my management team telling me to “just get it done.” Click.
(Second truck had broke down and chase driver called off).

My driver was brand new first day didn’t even have a gun and I deadbolted his side of the truck and he asked why. “Company policy and I just want to be sure you won’t take off on me”
He quit at the end of the shift. He was shaking so badly he could barely drive.

The industry is hosed. However it’s mostly all insured. Insurance is cheaper than doing safely or securely. Until it isn’t.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

who would they be likely to choose, if not her?

Gavin “Toothsome-Goodhair” Newsom
Duh

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The Eyes Have It posted:

I was just looking at some old stuff from years ago and ran across comics / commentary I remember about the Bush Jr presidency. What a wild ride.

Stuff from people who very clearly considered Bush to be a total, absolute, 100% worst case scenario. The foulest of all possible outcomes; an absolute low point. Holy poo poo if they had known that in less time than they'd think they'd want to crawl across broken glass for someone even a tenth as competent as him, they'd probably have just checked out entirely.

He was considered incompetent and a buffoon not malicious rear end in a top hat.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Which is actually kind of interesting since bush jr was pretty easily responsible for way more human suffering than trump. Sure trump completely dropped the ball on covid, but even then the US only had about 20% more per capita deaths from covid than the EU or about 200k if you attribute the entire difference (including '21 onward) to trump. trump is by all means more of a personally malicious rear end in a top hat, but his unprecedented incompetence and laziness prevented him from doing most of the terrible poo poo he talked about.

bush on the other hand unilaterally started two country-engulfing conflicts, putting 50+ million people into a state of war for decades with estimates of deaths in the high hundreds of thousands, if not millions. He is legitimately a monster who gets a pass because the media played up his aww shucks personality.

Yeah but those dead weren’t Americans (and were brown).

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kazinsal posted:

Of all the things Musk deserves to be hung upside down by his scrotum for, turning the perfectly cromulent nerd neologism "grok" into the name of a racism-enabled chatbot is solidly in the middle tier of the list imo.

Grok is a very old slang term in silicone valley. We would use it inchanged with wok and rock as a silly way to describe something awesome.
This was back in the mid 90s.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's from Robert Heinlein's 1961 novel Stranger in a Strange Land and means, approximately, to comprehend and understand something or someone in the fullest way possible, as if it were consumed and made part of your person.

Yes I’m sure that’s were it came from originally but in common usage online it was certainly being by used online in the early 90s and not the 60s.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

GD_American posted:

The campaign to save the original Star Trek TV series handed out bumper stickers that said "I Grok Spock".

It was in common usage offline before it was in common usage online. Because prior to the early 90s, there was common usage of anything online.

Who cares about offline? Bunch of normies.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Elviscat posted:

You cut it up into little pieces and feed them into a furnace at the steel plant. Most steel used in the US is recycled.

PSNS has a big saw they use to section up submarines which is pretty fun to watch.

The furnace is loving awesome but I've only seen it while powered down.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

what do you even do with all that space?

Bunch of rent by the hour shower and beds for lot lizards and their customers.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He ain’t dead.

If the casket don’t fit…

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

She had her time to either pay off the right people or not commit crimes.

She did neither.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’d imagine all the sex and groping in the Japanese trains would be bothersome too.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stravag posted:

Hogby will be the little girl smiling while the house burns down but it would be while her opponents are bleeding out

Goddamn it I use to date a girl who looked like Hogby back in the 90’s.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Wait… I want to root for the guy slapping around Gaetz but he’s a prior SEAL? Ooohhh this problematic.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Coasterphreak posted:

the guy who writes the schedule and works sunday in fall so you can go to "church" at 1pm

Work in a “Christian” place that’s simply off on Sunday so you got one guaranteed day to sleep in and worship(your pillow) as you please.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Zamujasa posted:

Non-competes are unenforceable in the same way that wage theft is illegal.

And that’s why you always poo poo on company time.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

DEA rescheduling pot to schedule III alongside ketamine and anabolic steroids.

This seems rather huge. Can you explain more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My Spirit Otter posted:

i wonder how much in bribes elon had to pay to get ketamine rescheduled

Heard it was a real pisser for him.