Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

The Eyes Have It posted:

Yeah, I think no one really realized or expected how close they were to an actual malicious, criminal rear end in a top hat.

Somehow we went from Nixon, to Stupid Nixon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

psydude posted:

Even Nixon managed to make the EPA and normalize relations with China.

Stupid Nixon tried to normalize with Stupid China (North Korea)

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Peacetime. Peacetime is happening.

The peacetime mentality never went away. Hell it only went on hold for a few months at the start of OIF/OEF. The moment fobs started getting built up and having burger king, green bean coffee the PT belt loving cowards like Raymond Chandler went right back to their buddyfucking ways, if they ever left them behind former sergeant major of the army and future corpse chandler never did Bullet point carrerism is a large part of the reason we haven't won a war in 80 years. No one wants to rock the boat and risk their career. TTPs may have changed, leadership culture hasn't. Everyone knows the unit SHARP who's a sex pest, the unit Nazis who have 1488 or 6mwe stickers on their cars, the anti-vaxxers who wont get their flu shot but have the whole anthrax series and other malicious asskissing idiots you can't trust in a fight but who look great on paper because they've never done poo poo, never taken a risk and wouldn't know incoming fire until it ventilates their skull. Competency is punished because competent people do poo poo and make small mistakes that they learn from in training. Pencilwhip dipshits then punish them for minor poo poo while adding risk management bullet points to their own NCOERs/OERs.

The only reason bastards are getting exposed now is social media and the internet make it a lot easier for people to keep in touch and get signatures on their complaint letters before forwarding them to higher and the media. After all the worst thing you can do to leadership is embarrass them by shining a light on what they've actually done. Need to make like the early part of WW2 and purge most of the higher leadership to force a change in culture that actually cares about the right poo poo. In short, end the academy system.

Also I'd like a large fries plz.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

My Spirit Otter posted:

im just sad oj outlived Norm

Gonna rewatch all the weekend update bits where Norm just trashes OJ. Much like how OJ trashed his wife and her bf.

Edit: The network tried to get him to stop so I'm surprised Norm got away with it for as long as he did. Much like how OJ got away with murder.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 11, 2024

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Looks like Ford is taking action here, unlike OJ who never found the "real killer".

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

psydude posted:

How the gently caress is Biden the only one who's catching poo poo for looking old?

Cult behavior, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Was it this thread where someone remarked that it was funny watching the news media carefully step around OJ’s history?

Its because they dont want to get fired from their news gig by Don Ohlmeyer.