Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
It's all just so predictable at this point. In 9.9 days what's the new hangup going to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

The chafing alone...

The army instilled in me a vigorous dislike of running as an exercise to begin with.

Then I found out that serious marathon runners wear pasties because running too long makes your nipples bleed all over your shirt from the chafing what the gently caress is wrong with these people!?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

psydude posted:

I managed to rediscover running as a kind of meditation exercise later on. But the one thing I still can't loving stand is pushups.

The army donated me some hardware when it opened my feet, cut the bones, mushed them around a bit and then used plates and screws to keep them in their new shapes all because of running. I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy it meditatively again so I'm absolutely biased when I always end up circling back around to my original question about runners, what the gently caress is wrong with these people?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

This might be my single favorite photo of his. It's either this or the North Korean general, but I think this takes the cake

I think the general one gets the medal because even lil' Kim is looking at him just completely amazed at how astonishingly stupid this walking, barely coherent doofus is. The look on his face seals it for me.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Eh, 76 ain't a bad run. If I make it to 60 I'll be surprised.

Edit: there's probably a sportsball running joke in there somewhere I dunno I don't follow it that much

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The death penalty shouldn't exist, and it seems like it's being used in a politically motivated sham trial in this case to boot? In the world of rainbows and unicorns that lives between my ears it wouldn't be happening at all.

Gonna be saving my sympathy for people who didn't steal billions from other people though. Not gonna shed any tears for this victim beyond "It shouldn't be happening to anyone."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
lol apparently the CYBERTRUCK!!!!!! has a nationwide stop sell order and is likely going to get an emergency recall. No this isn't for the plastic tire covers digging in to the tire side walls and threatening to blow them out at speed that was the last one. This one is for the accelerator pedal. The pedal has a stupid cover on it so it looks CYBER!!!!!-ized, and the cover can work it's way loose. Pretty bad. But wait there's more! When it gets loose it slides up off the top of the pedal where the foot well has a conveniently placed crevice that the pedal cover slides right in to, getting wedged in and holding down the pedal at almost max value.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

MonkeyFit posted:

I would absolutely love for them to oust Johnson. After passing aid bills of course.

Give it a bit to stew then do it during election season. I double dog dare the MAGA freaks.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Weird, you spend decades cultivating hatred, openly courting reactionaries and encouraging loving lunatics then you end up unable to govern. Who could possibly have foreseen this happening?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
At a minimum there's going to be ketchup on the walls from this. A full-bore narcissist does not gracefully handle other people saying things like those tweets and Facebook posts, AND he's got someone in a position of authority over him saying "You will do what I say here." He's going to be inching over the line every possible time he thinks he can get away with it with every petty, spiteful act of bitterness and hatred he can come up with. Guaranteed, that's going to be just the cosmic background radiation of the trial. I will also be surprised if he doesn't throw a full on temper tantrum at some point. He's going to be a pressure cooker bomb building heat every single day and the only question in my mind is where, when and on who he explodes to vent his narcissistic rage.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Why in the blue gently caress was everything about them not locked down from the start? This is loving Donald Trump. He will absolutely whip the MAGA freaks into a frenzy and smile when someone stochastic terrorisms their way in to murdering the juror's entire family you have to be a god drat idiot or purposefully incompetent to not be planning for exactly that outcome.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Insert Chaos Reigns wolf here.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/19/house-democrats-mike-johnson-foreign-aid

quote:

House Democrats came to the rescue of Mike Johnson, the Republican speaker, in a rare move for a committee that normally votes along party lines, in order to save the Ukraine aid legislation from rightwing rebels.
On Thursday night, the four Democrats on the House rules committee voted with five Republicans to advance the aid package that Johnson has devised, agreeing procedures, which could now go forward to a vote on the House floor on Friday ahead of voting on the legislation itself.

He has now committed the unforgiveable sin of working with the enemy. Blood will be spilled by the MAGA lunatics.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

It's either Influencer-generated views, or just a glitch like Discord had that basically self-creates youtube view numbers.

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-indu...-gta-6-trailer/

Every day I become a little more convinced we live in a cyberpunk dystopia, but not anything cool like in the books more closer to latter generation Hapsburgs of cyberpunk. Just the stupidest most defective possible interpretation of the source material made in to reality.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I'd be pretty OK with dems screwing Johnson like that and making the entire party eat poo poo a month or two before elections. What're Republicans going to do, hate them and scream on Fox about dems playing politics? That'd be a slow day at the office for right wing media.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

joat mon posted:

Trump having to do even a single day in jail would be like birthday, 4th of July and New Years combined. And a delicious minefield for his lawyers.

I'd probably get day drunk hooting and hollering about it but it's not gonna happen. The US will do everything possible to not inconvenience the wealthy.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

But naturally, the Republicans are likely to punt the whole thing back down to the district court again to make "official act" analysis which would basically guarantee J6 doesn't go to trial before election day when Donnie reappeals that junk.

This is what I expect. "Oh sure it looks pretty straightforward but if you have polarized lenses and squint real hard then look at it under the light of the blue moon on a Tuesday while turning in the widening gyre the question of whether Fnerdistan v. Blargle the Third applies is ambiguous and at this juncture we just can't rule against Trump on this topic. Case is remanded back down to be determined after the results of the election."

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Grip it and rip it posted:

I don't think they're going to grant Trump's immunity claim on this case. It's too loving stupid to fathom.

Universe: "Hold my beer."

Alternatively, that's the entire point of fascist approach to governance. In-group the law protects but does not bind, out-group the law binds but does not protect. I don't expect it to happen yet from this court. My bet is they take the coward's way out and punt it until after the election so they don't have to put their names on it either way, but the mindset is there and growing in strength in the country.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Cool country we have here where these people are not only allowed to continue to walk free but also seek and acquire power and adulation then brag about all of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2024/apr/26/trump-kristi-noem-shot-dog-and-goat-book

There's multiple pointless and cruel animal deaths in there so, like, click with care and don't if you're not in a good place at the moment.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

Nice try, dog on the Internet, but I’m still not letting you eat people food.

Really, after all the effort of learning to type and even giving sad puppy eyes at your food you're still going to say no?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So how much does this particular wriggling increase his isolation by? Surely he's been punished enough by a nine grand fine and a stern finger-wagging that he will change his behaviors and not continue to try to get jurists murdered. That's such an astonishing punishment I'm surprised it's not getting litigated separately as unconstitutional.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Does this level of rescheduling allow for banking in the industry? That's been a big one keeping people on the black market from what I understand. Not easy to set up a business when all your business paperwork has to say "And none of our money technically exists to comply with federal regulations."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The future is scary because a lot of bad poo poo is on the horizon. I don't want to go in to it so I'll just stay right here OK?