Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

$30 million stolen in LA from a cash storage facility on Easter. Which apparently didn’t have any staff on site that day?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-03/sylmar-burglary-money-storage-facility-30-million

Heat 2 pre-production looking good.

hobbesmaster posted:

If you pull off an ocean’s eleven heist irl you should get to keep the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

I like the ocean and I respect the ocean and i know how to swim, and that's why I don't like swimming there

:emptyquote:

I wanna get my scuba cert knocked out at some point for basic rear end rec diving, but anything beyond that, no thank you. And honestly I don't even know if I'll be able to thanks to sinus issues.

I think the only exception I have to nothing beyond basic rec diving is that I'd like to go on one of those dive tours of the sunken Imperial German fleet at Scapa Flow at some point.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

psydude posted:

I managed to rediscover running as a kind of meditation exercise later on. But the one thing I still can't loving stand is pushups.

Yeah this is where I'm at with running now. I hated doing it for ROTC and soccer, but once I started doing it on my own like 13 years ago, something clicked and I enjoy running for the most part.

Except I injured my hip flexor muscles while surfing in Australia a few months ago, so I've had to take it easy for a few months. Which sucks because my brain is broken now and if I don't run every few days, I get angsty about it.

Also I've only run one marathon, but multiple halfs. The training is the worst part, the actual races are pretty "easy" by that point. But yes, you do wear medical tape on your nipples if you're running more then 7-8 miles otherwise you'll chafe and bleed.

What loving world is that judge living in?

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 8, 2024

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

bird food bathtub posted:

I think the general one gets the medal because even lil' Kim is looking at him just completely amazed at how astonishingly stupid this walking, barely coherent doofus is. The look on his face seals it for me.

You can almost hear about audible "Bruh" looking at Kim's face.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

facialimpediment posted:

Voyager I died in November. NASA undied Voyager I today.

https://twitter.com/NASAJPL/status/1782454277895749857?t=PVxZerHHYBlTAamDhoE8wA&s=19

https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/nasas-voyager-1-resumes-sending-engineering-updates-to-earth

They figured out an onboard flight data subsystem memory chip died, but the craft was otherwise fine. So they shot it a message to perform that chip's functions on other chips and the craft woke up.

:unsmith:

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

pantslesswithwolves posted:

It's a step in the right direction. Years overdue, but it's absolutely progress. Still should be legal at the federal level, though, and ideally should stop loving over people who want to get security clearances or not lie on a 4473.

Would be nice. I let my clearance lapse before I started using it like six years ago, and now that I work in IT, it would be really nice to regain it so I could get some of that sweet sweet cleared IT jobs money.

But I'm not dumb enough to risk lying about it, and I don't really care to just stop using it for a year only to get an investigator who's still going to be stupid about it.

Tiny Timbs posted:

It hasn't been strictly true that marijuana use fucks over people wanting to get security clearances for quite a while. The process is still too inconsistent for comfort, but it's generally sufficient to be truthful on your application and discontinue use.

Look, I've seen people get turbo hosed for lying on their apps thinking they'd never get caught. I'm sure lots of people get away with it, and good for them, but I ain't willing to take that risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Tiny Timbs posted:

Well yeah that's what the being truthful part is about. You will absolutely get hosed for lying, just only maybe hosed for telling the truth (I'm living proof of the latter working out).

Yeah sorry, my bad if I came in hot. I've encountered multiple people in DC who have lied for theirs, and then get really stupid when I tell them I'm not willing to do so. So I'm defensive about it.

Tiny Timbs posted:

I swear to god when I was looking at that list of clearance approval appeals that went around a few years ago I saw an adult drug dealer get his clearance approved after sufficient acknowledgment that he wouldn't do it again.

I saw a dude in there that owned up to molesting his daughter years earlier but wasn't prosecuted and was still given a clearance which was :stare:

It's funny because I had a gun charge that was expunged and that was fine. Nothing exciting, just shooting guns in the woods in New England. Someone reported it as machine gun fire which lol, it was me and a buddy shooting some milsurp MNs and Mausers.

I expected my investigator to care. His response?
"But no drugs or drug charges right?"
"No."
"Cool. You're fine."