Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Elviscat posted:

You cut it up into little pieces and feed them into a furnace at the steel plant. Most steel used in the US is recycled.

PSNS has a big saw they use to section up submarines which is pretty fun to watch.

sometimes salvage dudes bring out the big portaband too

https://jalopnik.com/a-chain-just-cut-through-a-capsized-cargo-ship-filled-w-1845784581

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I hit the two on I40 on the way to Nashville last week, it's like a soulless private equity franchised South of the Border

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jane Rosenberg is the GOAT, here's the time she got bored during the Martha Stewart trial and sketched a triple-recursive sketch of her view of her sketch of the other courtroom sketchers

she's also the one who got into a sketch-off with Ghislane Maxwell

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Everything about american jury selection is wack, they should just randomize two team captains from the pool and then let them pick five more each because they'll have to do a variety of game show challenges during recesses and sidebars

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude posted a substack article before he did it:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

it's crypto/qanon poo poo.

Proposal: Expose Peter Thiel as a totalitarian fascist working tirelessly to crush humanity under his boot

Reality: Cite Marge vs. the Monorail for half of your manifesto, miss the point of Dr. Strangelove harder and more cringefully than anyone has ever missed the point of Starship Troopers

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

fun detail about voyager, the program code only exists in always-powered static RAM like all your SNES cartridge saves. The designers figured if the radiothermal generator output dropped below that threshold everything was hosed anyway and they probably hit a rock.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 23, 2024

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

OddObserver posted:

Someone needs to make SNES cartridges with RTGs for battery backup. I wonder how small one can make one?

There's a company in florida that makes tritium betavoltaics in DIP-28 and LCC-44 packages but they only make rated current for ~20 years, the 2032 coin batteries are already a better solution before getting into the $5800 price tag

also the rated current is like, a few hundred nanoamps

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

That Construction worker? Also in the gravel pit

The kids on that school bus? Still trying to find a ride home from Desert One

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

House Freedom Caucus, the unbridled id wing of the republican delegation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

There is no gym in this country post... middle school (maybe) level that doesn't have dopers. It's absolutely a quiet epidemic at this point and if it turns out the drugs aren't as safe as they claim to be (though still apparently more so than the old ones), we're gonna have a real fun time in the future.

You know you wouldn't think they'd be so tightassed about anything that improves productivity.

If steroids were really that dangerous cops would be an extinct species by now