Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

A note, the abortion amendment on the ballot is not a 15 week amendment. It’s says that abortion shall not be restricted before viability and at all when the life of the mother is at risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zamujasa posted:

i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

what do you even do with all that space?

rent it out to arbys and the like.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tiny Timbs posted:

It looks so loving cheap inside

that's cause teslas are cheap plastic crap on the inside.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Crossposting this because it's big news:

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-888_1b8e.pdf

Supreme Court just ruled that if you have two periods of service that would each independently qualify you for both MGIB and Post 9/11, you're able to use both up to a combined 48 months of benefits. Previously, you were capped at 36 months.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GD_American posted:

What if I qualified for both under the same period of service? Joined under MGIB, went to Iraq, chose P911GIB (there is no good acronym there) and exhausted it. (actually chose Chapter 31 halfway through too)

The decision states that the reason he was entitled to both was because of the multiple periods of service. If you enlisted initially, paid the MGIB $1200, served three years, and re-enlisted for another three that were all post 9/11, you’d be eligible for both at 100%.

Based on the opinion alone, a single four year enlistment with nothing else would not qualify you to use both.

I saw all of this with the caveat that the VA will update it’s guidance to clarify who is/isn’t eligible for both.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The second count was dismissed, too.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

GD_American posted:

The bond was rejected and the ball is is now in the DA's office concerning seizure of assets.

I don't think they've had the hearing on it yet.

e: yeah it's on the 22nd.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 17, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dude posted a substack article before he did it:

https://theponzipapers.substack.com/p/i-have-set-myself-on-fire-outside

it's crypto/qanon poo poo.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That Works posted:

Crypto yet again contributes to global warming

lol

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dude apparently was a cohost of a 53 episode podcast on Laura Dern.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is today the deadline for Trump to potentially eat poo poo on the $175M bond he put up?

There's a hearing on it today, yes. They'll likely toss the knight bond and give him another 10 days to either put the $175m he claims was backing the bond into the court register or an actual proper bond.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Higher fines are not available. Klasfeld read it wrong. He says he wishes he could fine him $150k per future violation, but cannot, so he's threatening him with jail instead.

bird food bathtub posted:

So how much does this particular wriggling increase his isolation by? Surely he's been punished enough by a nine grand fine and a stern finger-wagging that he will change his behaviors and not continue to try to get jurists murdered. That's such an astonishing punishment I'm surprised it's not getting litigated separately as unconstitutional.

https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/D.O.motion4contempt-FINAL.pdf

It's not really a stern finger waggling. It's the first step in the contempt process. The judge even points out that $1000 fine is ineffective deterrence, and he will consider jail time for future violations.

Now, I don't expect jail from the thursday contempt violations unless trump violates again between now and then and refuses to delete the contemptuous posts.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DEA rescheduling pot to schedule III alongside ketamine and anabolic steroids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Scheduling is political as much as anything else. Xanax is schedule IV, for example.

This is rather large news as federal funds can now be spent on marijuana research, federal doctors can recommend it, etc. Weed will finally be classified as a less dangerous drug than morphine or cocaine.