Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

facialimpediment posted:

There's a fun bit here on how Truth Social kept afloat while their SPAC plan was kept on hold for a few years:

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1775511158012711063?t=V2GuClt0ce5hbNAlPlXORw&s=19

Spoiler for story: it wasn't Donnie putting in his own money, it was some sketchy Russian dude that owned a bank and made some vehicle to loan the company the money

This should be a huge scandal but it's not even going to budge the needle at all.

For perspective, in 1972 it was a huge scandal that McGivern's VP pick had electroshock therapy to treat his depression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

That's literally 2 posts in like 5 days, and one of them is just one sentence.

edit: Trump makes past campaign seem quaint with the way he throws himself from one scandal to the next on a nearly daily basis with impunity.

edit 2: and McGovern was a genuinely good human being and I wish we had more people like him in charge of things.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 3, 2024

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Does it matter? This country has protected the interests of rich white men from day one.

There is nothing more thoroughly unamerican than holding a rich white man accountable for anything.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

:same:

That’s what my boy Crusty Minge did, and he’s one of the happiest people I know.

Happy to hear he's doing good.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The piece of poo poo that ran my brigade was fired from his second brigade command for toxic leadership. Good riddance, wish it had happened sooner.

People came out of the woodwork on reddit about him, he had been a toxic shithead since he was a lieutenant. Who woulda thought?

I think it's the military looking at why people are leaving and seeing poor leadership as one of the most commonly cited reasons.

Edit: I cannot talk enough poo poo about field grade officers. They may not have created the lovely work culture but they have definitely contributed towards maintaining it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Personally I always felt like Army PT was a dumpster fire that accomplished little more than getting a lot of people injured for no reason whatsoever. "But this is how we've always done it!"

At the end of OCS I started getting a lot of pain in my knee and it was due to overuse from running loving everywhere every loving day.

The APFT was poo poo too, who cares how many pushups and sit-ups someone can do?

I enjoy running on my own though, because I can just stop or slow down if anything starts to ache.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Has Israel ever thought of not antagonizing their neighbors? Tough to give a poo poo about what happens to them.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Israel needs a boot on it's neck, teach these people to stop behaving like savages. They need to be humbled.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

It is something said by an Israeli leader about Palestinians, though I can't remember the guys name.

All the while Israel turns a city of 2 million people into rubble, kills tens of thousands of people, mostly women and children, and seems highly interested in starting an even larger war in the area. Not to mention they're now intent on starving the people that they haven't already killed.

When is enough, enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

When I joined the Army I admitted I had smoked weed for my clearance and also at medical in processing I think. They asked me about it in my OCS board and I just said I had tried it and don't use it anymore and that was the last I ever heard about it.

If they actually didn't accept people for smoking weed there would be nobody in the military or with clearances.