Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

politics is back baby. awoooooo

whats going on whos winning whos losing

will biden lose all 52 states

gimme all the deets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

based64
Feb 15, 2024

:question:

based64 has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Apr 8, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

state of politics:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I've never cared less about the politics. Who cares it's not even funny this time. Let the sons play

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mexican election in sixty days is that boring, huh

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

i say swears online posted:

mexican election in sixty days is that boring, huh

i havent paid attention to anything going on here or the usa but yeah xochitl just has zero chance

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

(wolf howl)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Welcome back dave

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Weka posted:

Welcome back dave

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
gas

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

"After the defeat by John F. Kennedy in 1960, the Nixon cadre of loyalists were sent a clay replica of the cast of Abraham Lincoln's right hand. It was my job to buy the replicas, have them packed and sent out to about a hundred of the candidate's most important supporters.

Every damned one arrived in the mail broken and I had to have a second batch of Lincoln hands made."

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

has trump done anything funny

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

babypolis posted:

has trump done anything funny

no he's less fat now which equals less funny

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

i say swears online posted:

no he's less fat now which equals less funny

hes on ozempic

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

which just plain isn't funny

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

my bony fealty posted:

hes on ozempic

imagine if trump got thin before the election

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Megamissen posted:

https://twitter.com/francisxwolf/status/1774813759996907706

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Good for him. I hope he gets on a whole new level because of it, really bursting with energy, but I'm concerned having a smaller battery means the opposite

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w45wkqyrrco

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Nixon on his inauguration [President Kennedy's address eight years earlier]

Let this message be heard, by strong and weak alike- [Let the word go forth, to friend and foe alike.]

Let all nations know- [Let every nation know-]

Those who would be our adversaries, we invite to a peaceful competition. [To those nations who would make themselves our adversary, we offer not a pledge but a request: that both sides begin anew the quest for peace.]

But to all those who would be tempted by weakness, let us leave no doubt that we will be as strong as we need to be, for as long as we need to be. [We dare not tempt them with weakness, for only when our arms are strong beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.]

Without the people we can do nothing; with the people we can do everything. [United, there is little we cannot do in a host of cooperative ventures. Divided, there is little we can do -]

We cannot expect to make everyone our friend, but we can try to make no one our enemy. [We shall not always expect to find them supporting their own freedom.]

In the orderly transfer of power, we celebrate the unity that keeps us free. [We observe not a victory of party but a celebration of freedom.]

Our destiny lies not in the stars but on earth itself, in our own hands- [Here on earth Gods work must truly be our own - man holds in his mortal hands-]

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

Megamissen posted:

Don't even entertain such an idea.

In shedding several pounds, Trump is losing something valuable: the awe-inspiring, voluptuous figure of a closeted politician of generous proportions. It is truly a saddening development that will instill horror in all those who cherish his shapely form and submissive nature.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Hopefully, little Donny can still attract a suitor who can pleasure him; it shouldn't be that difficult in prison, even with his gaunt appearance.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Waddle Bourgeoidee posted:

In shedding several pounds, Trump is losing something valuable: the awe-inspiring, voluptuous figure of a closeted politician of generous proportions. It is truly a saddening development that will instill horror in all those who cherish his shapely form and submissive nature.

Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually. Hopefully, little Donny can still attract a suitor who can pleasure him; it shouldn't be that difficult in prison, even with his gaunt appearance.

:gb2gbs:

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

What the hell is wrong with you

Waddle Bourgeoidee
Apr 2, 2024

my_custom_username posted:

What the hell is wrong with you

I'm just a man of culture who can appreciate the finer things in life.

Don't worry; you'll understand when you're older.

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

On April 15, 1973, the Watergate prosecutors notified leadership at Justice that John Dean, White House counsel, was helping them build an obstruction of justice case. Dean had believed the prosecutors would keep his cooperation to themselves, because once senior Justice officials learned of his help the news "would get right back to Nixon."

As Dean feared, Attorney General Kleindienst and Assistant Attorney General Petersen promptly told the president. The Nixon tapes even have Petersen, on a White House phone in Nixon's presence, getting a rundown from prosecutors that afternoon.

"Essentially, it's unbelievable. We have an obstruction case against Haldeman and Ehrlichman in the sense that they knew everything that was going on." Alluding to hush money set aside for the Watergate defendants, the prosecutor added, "I mean the $350,000 comes from Haldeman."

Nixon summoned Dean for an hour long meeting in the Old Executive Office Building later that night. The president later wrote that Dean seemed confident he would get immunity.

Nixon leaned toward Dean and said: "You know, that mention I made to you about a million dollars and so forth as no problem... I was just joking, of course, when I said that."
-

President Nixon soon began to suspect that John Dean may have smuggled a tape recorder into the Oval Office: "That may be his bomb."

"Incidentally," Nixon asked Haldeman the next day, "is the taping equipment working at the present time, or has it been removed, do you know?"

"I think it's still working," Haldeman told him.

"Fine," Nixon said.
-

On April 18 the Assistant Attorney General discussed with Nixon the Executive Office's recording of Nixon's nighttime meeting with Dean; Nixon told Haldeman to "take all these tapes" and review them, "as a service to the library." He wanted Haldeman to determine how damaging they were and whether any might be helpful.

"In other words, I'd like it if there's some material there that's probably worth keeping," Nixon told his chief of staff.

"Most of it is worth destroying."

There are two such conversations specifically requested which were totally missing from Nixon's office tapes. The first is a four minute conversation with the former Attorney General, John Mitchell, on June 20, 1972. The second is the 55 minute meeting with John Dean, late in the evening of Sunday, April 15, 1973.

Nixon's dictation belt for the evening of April 15th, his end-of-day recollections for his personal diary which recounted his meeting with Dean, was also missing and withheld from the court's order.

atriptothebeach has issued a correction as of 19:59 on Apr 3, 2024

040324_2
Apr 3, 2024
day 93 of Politic. HeLL YeaH!

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
can't decide which one of these politics I'm gonna do aaaaah that's me yelling

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

all of the above

Weka
May 5, 2019

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

I hope you find peace, if not, I hope you enjoy the politic

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

he should be called Don now that he's thin. feels right

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
politics sucks now
the news is all politics

why can't the news be about a goat that wins a blue ribbon anymore like it used to be in the old days

b mad at me
Jan 25, 2017

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and somebody got offended by this.

laughing my loving rear end off

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

b mad at me posted:

and somebody got offended by this.

laughing my loving rear end off

:gb2gbs:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022