Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Buce posted:

my apple™ watch™ started flickering and acting like it was receiving tons of random inputs and then it called 911 and hung up on them and started opening random apps and poo poo. it also texted an sos to my emergency contacts such as my dad, my ex, and my bff.

911 called me back and I apologized. but what the actual gently caress happened?

what should i do now?

why? did insane anime post about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Buce posted:

apple tech support told me to turn it off and on again. as soon as i turned it on, it called 911 and sent sos messages again.

Throw it in the toilet and buy a nice (neat, clean, simple date plus time, with a case diameter 38mm or fewer) automatic

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Putting on my Apple Watch only to have it instantly call an ambulance and the fire brigade as it has correctly deduced that both will be required to get me out the house.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr Teatime posted:

Putting on my Apple Watch only to have it instantly call an ambulance and the fire brigade as it has correctly deduced that both will be required to get me out the house.

i didn't enable gilbert grape mode

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think thats what happens when you don't get enough steps in

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

OP, since its already called 9/11 twice, you should turn it on again.

apple produces trash quality products that are fantastically overpriced. stop buying them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Buce posted:

apple tech support told me to turn it off and on again. as soon as i turned it on, it called 911 and sent sos messages again.

If its happening to you, I wonder how many others its happening to too.

Lots of frustrated 911 dispatches out there.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I dialed 911 by accident once. In my work's internal phone system you had to dial 9 then 1 then the extension of the other person in the building, so I was pressing 9 +1 multiple times a day for years.

Then at home out of pure muscle memory I would hit 9 + 1 a few times before catching myself, but one time I must have double tapped the 1 since about 15 mins later a cop car showed up at my house.

But luckily I'm Canadian so he laughed it off when I told him what happened and didn't shoot me dead on my front step.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

,my watch only tells times and doesnt call the pigs. sorry ur watch sucks rear end op.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Dealing with winding and managing the date/day on real watches for short months is more annoying than anything I've had to deal with on my smartwatch

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Konar posted:

Dealing with winding and managing the date/day on real watches for short months is more annoying than anything I've had to deal with on my smartwatch

fat fingers?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Konar posted:

Automatics are self winding, I assume your crap watch is self charging?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i dont let time control me, op.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

Automatics are self winding, I assume your crap watch is self charging?

i mean yeah if you make sure you are always wearing the same watch and put it on right away in the morning

for real watches i prefer the battery ones

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Imagine you were just doing a little heroin on the couch after work to relax and that thing accidentally called the EMTs/cops on you while you dozed off and now you are in front of a judge sentencing you to 36 months in prison and your life is in total ruins. Thanks, but no, thanks

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

Imagine you were just doing a little heroin on the couch after work to relax and that thing accidentally called the EMTs/cops on you while you dozed off and now you are in front of a judge sentencing you to 36 months in prison and your life is in total ruins. Thanks, but no, thanks

I would simply have made a relaxing cup of kratom tea

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dont let time control me, op.

:smuggo:

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
“A Watch Called 911” is the inspirational true story of a timepiece that survived the twin towers’ collapse.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

khlebnikov rules, this thread doe snot.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
I got a pixel watch bc it's the first one that doesn't look like total garbage. I get a lot of compliments on it and I like the heartrate/blood oxygen/ sleep tracking.

I was worried about feeling over connected but I find that I actually put my phone down for much longer periods of time which leads to less time wasted on instagram, the forums, etc

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my watch is automatic :smug:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah, i agree

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
You're just wearing it wrong op

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i've never seen someone disparage something by calling it doe snot before

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

NoiseAnnoys posted:

why? did insane anime post about it?

911 mad he icey

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Hammerite posted:

i've never seen someone disparage something by calling it doe snot before

maybe spend more time on tiktok, bommer

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

DikKok

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

my apple™ watch™ started flickering and acting like it was receiving tons of random inputs and then it called 911 and hung up on them and started opening random apps and poo poo. it also texted an sos to my emergency contacts such as my dad, my ex, and my bff.

911 called me back and I apologized. but what the actual gently caress happened?

what should i do now?

Walk more often you lazy gently caress

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I got banned from the platform

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Walk more often you lazy gently caress

:ironicat:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I spent an hour walking with my best friend this weekend. Probally more than a mile

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
That's a terrible name for a watch, it reminds me of that tragedy

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Buce posted:

what should i do now?

did you check for pubes?

anyone made the pubes joke yet?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

did you check for pubes?

anyone made the pubes joke yet?

I did. Somehow it is coming up my belly. I think I need help!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there’s a whole genre of tiktok videos in which an errant drop of water on a touch screen causes it to go berserk to humorous effect

if you had filmed your watch you could’ve become a tiktok star op, a good lesson to always be prepared

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

subtle in it's brilliance

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gently caress. i would have been such a good tiktok influencre. too late now.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Tell your watch that it's no longer April Fool's Day and to knock that poo poo off.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

it's haunted op, have you done any weird techno-magic lately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Buce posted:

gently caress. i would have been such a good tiktok influencre. too late now.

Watch was trying to swat you, take your old rear end out Logan’s Run style