Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

my apple™ watch™ started flickering and acting like it was receiving tons of random inputs and then it called 911 and hung up on them and started opening random apps and poo poo. it also texted an sos to my emergency contacts such as my dad, my ex, and my bff.

911 called me back and I apologized. but what the actual gently caress happened?

what should i do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

it was very traumatic

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

since i couldn't turn the loving thing off, i had the frantic thought: is the drying machine a faraday cage?

i was on the toilet when this all started and the dryer was right in my line of sight.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

Buced again! :argh:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

bradzilla posted:

watches are cool op. smartwatches are not cool

i have a couple tourbillon watches for when i want to look fancy, but i like smort watch for the heart rate monitor (gently caress those awful chest straps). it's also nice to know that if it senses that i'm bored or lonely, it'll call 911 and text my loved ones, who will then call me and ask about my day :)

The Bramble posted:

Therapy is good to help deal with trauma

agreedo

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Smugworth posted:

I will pray for you Buce

ty smugs

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

free hubcaps posted:

Don't some of those watches have fall sensors or something? Maybe you banged it and it thought had cracked your head open

it was more like when you tried to use one of those old school capacitive touchscreens when your hands were wet. just bonkers-rear end inputs happening constantly.

I mean, let's be frank, i, like most goons, know what it feels like to experience vasovagal syncope and wake up on the floor.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

apple tech support told me to turn it off and on again. as soon as i turned it on, it called 911 and sent sos messages again.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr Teatime posted:

Cranking it so hard on the toilet you set off the fall sensor.

i wish i could still crank it that hard

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mr Teatime posted:

Putting on my Apple Watch only to have it instantly call an ambulance and the fire brigade as it has correctly deduced that both will be required to get me out the house.

i didn't enable gilbert grape mode

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i dont let time control me, op.

:smuggo:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

NoiseAnnoys posted:

khlebnikov rules, this thread doe snot.

yeah, i agree

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Hammerite posted:

i've never seen someone disparage something by calling it doe snot before

maybe spend more time on tiktok, bommer

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Walk more often you lazy gently caress

:ironicat:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

gently caress. i would have been such a good tiktok influencre. too late now.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I spent an hour walking with my best friend this weekend. Probally more than a mile

tbqh, i'm gettin tired of your poo poo, mumpy puffinz

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

We should probably talk more often

i think so too

Smugworth posted:

Careful Buce

i'm always careful, smugs

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted: