Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

DreamingofRoses posted:

AITAH for not wanting my fiancé going on a golf trip 2 weeks before our due date?

From personal experience, I wouldn't be planning anything anywhere near a due date. We were just chugging along waiting for the 40th week to hit and then suddenly my wife developed HELLP syndrome and we had to have an emergency C-Section on the 37th week. poo poo can change at a moment's notice with pregnancy.

Edit: Preeclampsia snipe.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Biplane posted:

Leia is a Disney princess now, AND her Disney princess outfit is a white dress for maximum impact.
Nah, she should go as Leia in ROTJ combat on the moon of Endor outfit. Or a Princess Padme's combat outfit in AOTC, which is also white for impact.

I just like the idea of her being in the bridal party in camo and helmet, blaster at her side.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

FMguru posted:

Story is long, and abuse-adjacent, so I won't be posting the whole thing but I did want to highlight this one line.

The story so far: Daughter who has been poo poo on by her mother for her whole life is now expected to provide for her in her old age (guess who didn't bother saving for retirement, assuming her kids would take care of her?). Daughter laughs and tells mother, well, exactly what is in the title.

AITAH for telling my mother I'd put her into a bad retirement home during my father's wake?

Ice cold, goddamn.

The question is - why is she the one responsible for this and not her brothers?

Ah, the comments hold the answer:

quote:

One of my brothers is a meth addict and thief. Another is an unemployed ex-convict. I think even if they moved in together and pooled all of their resources, they wouldn't be able to afford the large suburban house of our parents. My meth-loving brother might seriously rob them or open the door to his methhead friends to let THEM rob the house in exchange for some drugs. There's a reason mom herself counted on ME and ME ALONE to take care of her.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 25, 2024

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mordiceius posted:

The question is - why is she the one responsible for this and not her brothers?

Ah, the comments hold the answer:
OP's spine is impressive

quote:

I will not bend, I will not pay for anything other than the worst nursing home in the country - she spent a lifetime making sure I wouldn't have ANY goodwill towards her in her helpless years. Thanks!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Scathach posted:

Okay, while I'm siding with the lady against Pooman and his hairballs, I really want to know how she keeps falling off a slanted toilet and hitting her head. That sounds... dramatic.

I read it as them putting the toilet seat on the rim without it being attached, which I could see scooting off to the side and tipping you over pretty easily.

That one's one of those situations that seems like they've gone past talking it out. He says you can't touch the bidet? Too loving bad, he doesn't get to unilaterally make your bathrooms unusable, rip it out or call maintenance the instant he refuses to do anything.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Scathach posted:

Okay, while I'm siding with the lady against Pooman and his hairballs, I really want to know how she keeps falling off a slanted toilet and hitting her head. That sounds... dramatic.

maybe shes got really short legs and her foot might slip whilst trying to balance herself, maybe?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Yeah that's the point you rip that thing off of there and throw it at the dude. I guess the toilet seat has to be sliding off, guess she's not a large person or she'd just use the ceramic rim.

What a weird loving situation.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Skutter posted:

Husband destroyed our toilet and refuses to stop using it and fix it

Another story where I want her to say what good qualities he has that cancels out his apparent inability to interact with a toilet.

I'm honestly shocked it hasn't flooded the bathroom from what she describes is in there. Hopefully it happens while he is in that bathroom while she is home so she can just Cask of Amontillado him and move on with her life.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

FMguru posted:

OP's spine is impressive

I'd love to know which nursing home is the worst in the country, and what it costs

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

missing a line but solid attempt :golfclap:

I would have worked on it longer if I realized there was a song parody tax, made it really worthy of the sixer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

"We will medically experiment on your mom."

"Wow, how much does that cost?"

"...no, we would pay you."

"I feel like I'm double dipping, here."

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Lone Goat posted:

I'd love to know which nursing home is the worst in the country, and what it costs

They're all the worst and the cost is everything you own

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I would imagine that the worst costs substantially more than the cheapest.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jabor posted:

I would imagine that the worst costs substantially more than the cheapest.
If reddit is anything to go by, that could be a major business opportunity

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I don't think I've ever met an old person that stayed in one retirement home the rest of their life, two of my grandparents included.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're like Catholic Diosces but you move the victims when you find abuse instead.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

Another story where I want her to say what good qualities he has that cancels out his apparent inability to interact with a toilet.

That's all I could think as well, why would you want to put up with all that.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Scathach posted:

Yeah that's the point you rip that thing off of there and throw it at the dude. I guess the toilet seat has to be sliding off, guess she's not a large person or she'd just use the ceramic rim.

What a weird loving situation.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I did not consider there would a good manga for this situation and I have been proven wrong.

Well, gently caress.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

^^^ wanna read that manga

SpaceViking posted:

From personal experience, I wouldn't be planning anything anywhere near a due date. We were just chugging along waiting for the 40th week to hit and then suddenly my wife developed HELLP syndrome and we had to have an emergency C-Section on the 37th week. poo poo can change at a moment's notice with pregnancy.

Edit: Preeclampsia snipe.

I was born 3 weeks early because my mom woke up in the middle of the night one night and decided "it was time" to have me, and she induced labor using something she called "bio-feedback" (her words; I never found out wtf that is or how it works but according to her it's a thing) and about 8 hours later I was born.

To this day, part of me wonders if I might've been better off spending that extra 3 weeks in the womb, although my mom did smoke while she was pregnant with me so maybe it was good that I got out on early release.

... I'm not really sure what this has to do with that story or your post. I guess that having babies early is a thing people can do? Or at least my mom claimed she did, although that resulted in me so maybe it's not always a great idea.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kurieg posted:

AITA for letting someone skip my bachelorette party and not telling them new details that would've changed their mind?

"Please come tomy party"
"Sorry, something came up so I cant"
*posts pics of party*
"How dare you exclude mefrom this partythat lookedcool/fun!"

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Help! My Mother Kept a Haunting Memento From My Childhood.

quote:

When I was in kindergarten, I had a rat tail hairstyle that my mom was very into, but the other kids made fun of me about it, and eventually I decided to get my hair cut. My mom was very sad about it at the time and decided to save the long lock of hair after it was cut. She’s kept it in a chest for about 30 years now, but as she’s planning to move out of her current house, she mailed me three big boxes of photo albums, random school work, etc., and in one of the boxes was my rat tail, sandwiched in a scrapbook! What do I do with a 30-year-old rat tail? I don’t feel right throwing it away, but I’m very creeped out.

—Distressed Former Rat Tail Owner

quote:

Dear Former Rat,

I’m guessing this thing is pretty small, right? I would totally support you in throwing it in the trash, but if that truly feels wrong, place it in an envelope, and stick it in the back of your junk drawer or on a shelf in your storage shed or way back in that unreachable place at the top of the linen closet. Now it’s out of your life, you never have to think about it (until you move or something, at which point maybe you’ll be ready to say goodbye) and your problem is solved.

Alternatively, you could have a little ceremony. I’m serious, hear me out: It sounds like the attachment you and your mom share to this little bundle of hair could represent deeper feelings about your childhood, the painful experience of being teased, and maybe the angst associated with asserting your independence from your mom—in terms of your hairstyle and just growing up in general. Perhaps there’s also something there about the loss of your childhood home and your mom moving on to the next stage of her life that’s making all of this feel even more intense. So, lay the rat tail on the table, light a candle, and journal in response to the following prompts: “What does it feel like to think about the year I wore this hairstyle?” “How did I feel when I finally cut it?” “What does it signify to my mom, and what does it signify to me?” “What are my hopes for the way my mom and I relate to each other over the next 30 years?” Sit and look at the hair and reflect. As Marie Kondo would say, thank it for its service. And go toss it into the water at the beach or into the bushes at a nice scenic dog park and move on with your life.

What

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

What

Parents keep hair from their kids all the time, I’m not sure why this person finds it creepy. I actually think the advice is reasonable, though, if they don’t feel comfortable just throwing it out having a ‘ritual’ disposing of it could help them process.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

What
Mom was just being prepared in case she ever needed a lock of hair to form a magical conduit. Smart move, not sure why more parents don't do this.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DreamingofRoses posted:

Parents keep hair from their kids all the time, I’m not sure why this person finds it creepy. I actually think the advice is reasonable, though, if they don’t feel comfortable just throwing it out having a ‘ritual’ disposing of it could help them process.

Boyz II Men singing It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday but the coffin is full of old hair clippings.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Keeping a lock of hair is way less weird and gross than keeping a bellybutton. My mum admitted she hung onto mine for a few months after it fell off which is just :barf:

Dispose of the hair in a ritualistic manner or don't, just don't leave it somewhere that an animal or another kid might find it and start running around with it or something equally weird!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

trickybiscuits posted:

What

If I didn't know better I'd think my sister wrote this.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The saving of the hair isn’t weirding me out but the uneasiness about just throwing it out sure is, it’s fuckin hair bro

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Wait your bellybutton fell off

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Scathach posted:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

bee posted:

Keeping a lock of hair is way less weird and gross than keeping a bellybutton. My mum admitted she hung onto mine for a few months after it fell off which is just :barf:

What about keeping a lock of hair FROM a bellybutton? yes I have a story involving this

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

What about keeping a lock of hair FROM a bellybutton? yes I have a story involving this

I don't know whether to use :justpost: or commission :justdontpost:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I. M. Gei posted:

How the hell you gonna say this and not
:justpost:

For fucks sake I'm at home sick as a dog and I can't listen to music to do the art/writing thing because my head is throbbing. I plead for entertainment. I have been so bored.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Scathach posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm *pretty sure* they mean the bit of umbilical cord that they leave attached to the babby that eventually dries up and falls off.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'm *pretty sure* they mean the bit of umbilical cord that they leave attached to the babby that eventually dries up and falls off.

Yeah, I've heard of parents keeping that for sure. The actual belly button, though... :yikes:

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

windex posted:

I guess I feel like everyone in this one is overreacting but I also understand how both of them can be seriously frustrated with each other and there really needs to be more empathy from both of them for the others position, I suspect.
Catching up to the thread; everyone might be overreacting but the wife is doing it because she’s going through massive physical & hormonal changes while carrying a drat baby to term, AND dealing with all the restrictions & fears of gestational diabetes. Plus it sounds like she’s having to deal with a totally unsupportive spouse. Husband is overreacting cause he’d rather be a dumb rear end in a top hat than help his wife. “I can’t give up the Cheese Factory because of my food insecurities as a child!” Lol what???

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

bee posted:

Dispose of the hair in a ritualistic manner or don't, just don't leave it somewhere that an animal or another kid might find it and start running around with it or something equally weird!
Is this you?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

I. M. Gei posted:

What

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I should loving hope, but also this is the internet. :iiam: