Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

what the everlovin gently caress

Umbilical Pilonidal Sinus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MrQwerty posted:

that is 100% a one-handed post if I have ever seen one

av/post/topic combo

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I don't think this thread has had a clueless lesbian post yet.

That is within my power to correct.

I [20/F] want to come out to my best friend [21/F] of 17 years and tell her I love her, but I’m afraid of losing our wonderful friendship.

quote:

Emily and I have known each other for 17 years. We started talking to each other in preschool; when both of us were 4 years old. I’ve been best friends with her since.

I’ve been through so much with Emily. I’m proud to call her my best friend. She was there for me when I lost my brother to cancer - she was the light at the end of the tunnel. She’s been a part of my whole conscious life. I’m extremely grateful for the beautiful relationship I have with her.

During high school I realized I had a preference for girls - I was embarrassed of this. I didn’t tell anyone, and I still haven’t. I fell in love with her after we graduated high school and were seperated for a few months.

I’ve had these feelings for her for 3 years. My heart races when we’re with each other. I get a sense of euphoria being with her. Her gentle touches on my skin send tingles down my back. I love playing with her hair. The smell of it brings me back to the times when we were kids, and had no care in the world.

Emily and I very close with each other, more so than most friends are. We kissed on the lips a year ago when both of us were drunk. She was the one that made the move on me and I gladly received her. I think back to that moment a lot. I yearn for it to happen again. We take showers together when we visit each other’s apartments. We have no issues showing physical affection for each other. Both of us are very touchy and we absolutely love cuddling with each other.

To be honest I don’t know what Emily’s sexuality is. It’s never come up. I know I shouldn't keep a secret this huge from her. If she was in my situation she would tell me the truth.

These past few days have been unbearable for me. I can’t be around Emily without thinking of her romantically. It’s been hard to keep my emotions in check. She’s noticed this and has asked me if anything is going on. I tell her it's nothing, it pains me to lie to her.

I'm conflicted. Should I tell her? Will it ruin our friendship forever? What I have with Emily is a once in a lifetime connection. I don’t want to risk that with her, but at the same time I wonder everyday if she reciprocates these feelings for me too.

tl;dr: I'm in love with my childhood best friend of 17 years. I want to come out to her and tell her I love her, but I'm afraid of ruining our beautiful friendship.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cythereal posted:

I [20/F] want to come out to my best friend [21/F] of 17 years and tell her I love her, but I’m afraid of losing our wonderful friendship.
From the beginning I was expecting this to be an awkward unclear situation where it wasn't obvious whether it was one sided but they shower together and cuddle and she kissed OP? 🤔

I feel like there's a moderate chance that the feeling is mutual OP lol

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You know, just kissing and cuddling and showing together like all besties do.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Please tell me that post is a few years old and they are married now. :pray:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
Fellas, is it gay to shower with your bro?

Yes, but only if you wash your rear end in a top hat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shanghaied posted:

That's why I'm showering with my bro! So he can do it for me.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Shanghaied posted:

You have to shower with your bros in the military and it is NOT sexy. Or maybe they were all just ugly

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

mystes posted:

So your take is that if someone comes to your apartment it's okay for you to falsely tell everyone that you had sex with them and/or nonconsensually out them?

nah the guy from the bar was clearly a loving weirdo but OP should probably use this as an opportunity to learn not to invite weirdos home to do a few bumps cause this is the exact kind of car crash drama that comes from it

"the bar regulars who do coke in the apartment upstairs" is very much a certain incredibly skeevy scene and unless you're also either a dirtbag or into coke hookups it's a good scene to stay the hell away from

idiotsavant fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 28, 2024

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Where exactly is she finding plastic duct tape on such extreme short notice

Probably from this mouth of hell:

https://zurutoys.com/brands/mini-brands/mini-brands

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Fil5000 posted:

Maybe he went to donate sperm and they told him then? Is that a thing they do?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

compshateme85 posted:

Not that it's impossible, but why would he have gotten a sperm count done prior to trying to conceive? Did he have some sort of event that made him or his doctors question his fertility? Did he go even farther and get a sperm quality test and find out that they're slow prior to making this baby? The "I forgot to tell you I'm infertile" part of the storyline begets a lot of questions.

He might have just had a prior injury in the area that might cause them to suspect problems down the road, so they checked it at the time.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Literally said “oh come the gently caress on” out loud at the part about showering together :lol:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Literally said “oh come the gently caress on” out loud at the part about showering together :lol:

"Well, we look away from each other while we're soaping each other up, so I figured... platonic, right?"

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's as platonic as a cylinder is

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cythereal posted:

Do you have a link to this? I want to read all the comments pointing out the obvious to her :allears:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

CommissarMega posted:

Do you have a link to this? I want to read all the comments pointing out the obvious to her :allears:

Original was sadly suspended, I found it in a compilation of clueless lesbian relationships posts but the original thread seems to be gone.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cythereal posted:

Original was sadly suspended, I found it in a compilation of clueless lesbian relationships posts but the original thread seems to be gone.

Aw, that's a bummer. Thanks anyway!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Reddirt AITA dump

AITA for calling my SIL cruel for excluding her brother (My Husband) from her upcoming wedding?

quote:

My husband (32) grew up with one sibling, his sister (28). their parente seperated and because of that they drifted apart because each one of them chose one parent to stay with. he had a rocky relationship with SIL growing up as a result, but later got to work out their differences.

My husband is a jokester, Sil complains about being on the recieving end of his pranks and jokes whenever they spent time together, She claimed that because of him, she lost her high school friends, her highschool sweetheart and lots of self esteem because his pranks wore her down emotionally and mentally. Now they're in a better place but old habits die hard and my husband is still the jokester he was years ago.

SIL got engaged 2 momths ago and invited my husband and me. Unfortunately, My husband decided it was a good time to pull a prank on her during the party and lied about her fiance's brother having an accident that night. He was joking of course, but things got out of hands and the party got cancelled. My SIL yelled at my husband and hasn't been speaking to him eversince.

Now her wedding is comping up, but she hasn't yet sent her brother an invite. Seeing him sad and depressed made me call her to ask what the deal was. She bluntly said she wasn't going to send him an invite to her wedding after he ruined her engagement but I thought that was excessive, first of all, it was a prank, a regular one that he pulls all the time and she and everyone else reacted over the top. and besides he already apologized multiple times and in my opinion, that should be enough for him to be granted some grace and forgiveness. She said sorry but she wasn't going to take a risk snd invite him so he'd ruin her wedding, and besides that her fiance does not feel comfortable having him there and she agreed with him. I was stunned I called her cruel because this is her brother, and he never had malicious intentions towards her yet, she keeps getting offended and oversensitive over everything he does, at the end of the day they're family. She asked that I respect her choice but I said that this is not okay seeing how sad her brother is because he doesn't wanna miss her wedding. She ended the call after saying she owes no one nothing. I found that real harsh and cruel and felt like she keeps punishing him over something that was in the past. My husband started crying when I told him about it, but there are actually some family members agreeing with her decision and telling me off for defending my husband's "horrid" attitude.

AITA for telling my friend her boyfriend is not allowed at my wedding

quote:

I shall try and keep this short, though I have a tendency to ramble and add more than necessary info so I apologize ahead of time. Also, I'm on mobile. Anyway, I'm supposed to be getting married early October 2022. It's not gonna be a big wedding or anything, but me and my fiance both have friends that we dont want to leave out.

I have this friend (Amanda). We have known each other since highschool, and we arent incredibly close by any means but we are still somewhat good friends and hang out regularly and I would like her to be there. The problem is, I just recently found out who she is now dating and she wants to bring him as her plus one.

My sister (Lily) and her ex (Steve) broke up about 10 months ago, because she found out he was cheating. She was heartbroken, and I know along with that pain she still has a lot of resentment for him and doesnt even like hearing his name. He was a poo poo boyfriend so my family has no problem with him no longer being in our lives.

8 months ago, Amanda told me she had started talking to someone and she really liked him and everything. She wouldnt tell me who, not even his name, because she said she didnt wanna share anything about him till it got more serious. I didnt really understand the secrecy, but didnt force her to tell me anything and just let her know I was happy for her and hope it all worked out.

Well last week, she told me she was dating Steve. They had gotten more serious and she wanted to make their relationship public to the people they care about. She also said she knew how much I disliked him and what he had done to my sister, and hoped I would try to understand their love and be happy for her and try to see him in a different light. I was a little shocked at first, since I really didnt expect her to be with a guy like him, and she knew what kind of person and boyfriend he was. But it isnt my place, and I told her that I'm happy shes happy, and that was that. Well two days later, we are texting about the wedding and everything and she mentions steve being her plus one. I do not want him there. Not only because I know my sister, who's my moh, doesnt want him there, but also because I dont like him and neither does my fiance.

I immediately told her that Steve was not invited to the wedding. She was confused, and I explained to her that I was sorry, and I'm happy for her, but I didnt want him there. At first she thought it was just because my sister would be, and kept saying that they wouldnt even be near each other and it would be fine. But then i explained that with everything that happened, we didnt want him there. I said sorry again, but she kept saying how I dont want her to be happy, how I just want to live in the past, how I want to punish her for finding love, stuff like that. None of that is true, and I tried to tell her that but she stopped responding.

So now I'm left feeling like a complete rear end in a top hat and i dont know if i should just let steve come or not.

Edit/Update(?): First of all, I want to thank everyone sm for commenting and giving judgment. I know I havent replied to everyone but I tried to give any extra info that was asked for or relevant, though I am sorry if I didnt reply to you ❤.

Now, as I have mentioned in the comments, I had a lapse in my judgment and that's what lead to this post. I thought maybe I was seeing things simply from my distaste for Steve and it was coming off as I wasnt supportive of Amanda and that's what made me think I was wrong for not allowing him to come. But I see now, I am completely in the right to not have or want him there so he will not be invited and that wont be changing. With Amanda, I have pretty much decided that she is no longer invited to my wedding and I'm pretty sure I'm ending the friendship, but I wanted to sit down with her and have a conversation first. Not to salvage anything, but I have some things to say to her and questions to ask.

With the cheating; I mentioned in the comments that we only know of 3 girls steve cheated with. We all believe there are more, especially since one of the affairs goes all the way back to a year (they were together for 2), but we dont know for sure and have no solid evidence atm, and Lily doesnt care to find any. Amanda could very well be one of the unknown affair partners, it's very likely and the timing and secrecy make more sense to believe she was. Even though I intend to end this friendship, and I'm finding it hard to believe that Steve wasnt cheating with her, it would still suck if she had been. Another thing I mentioned in the comments was that Amanda had offered support to my sister when everything happened, she even said more than once that 'Steve was an rear end in a top hat for hurting Lily', and for that to most likely had been an act would suck lol.

I would also like to clear up something about Amanda and her wanting to 'make their relationship public's. Right after she told me they were dating, she started posting them of social media and telling people, so my wedding wouldnt really be their coming out event, though it would definitely be a way for them to show off their relationship and gloat and everything. Still not okay, but just wanted to clear it up and not mislead anyone.

Last thing lol: I was finally able to get a respond out of Amanda. I told her I would like to talk to her about everything and get everything out in the open, and she has agreed to meet with me and talk. Sooo I shall update when that happens.

UPDATE: I wasnt sure if it would be better to post an update here or to make a separate post, so I hope posting here is okay. Also, sorry for the wait. I was finally able to sit down with Amanda and talk today. Anyways, on to what happened.

I didnt really want Amanda coming to my house, so we met at this small cafe place near where we live. I figured it wouldnt be too crowded and we would be able to have a discussion easily there so it was the best option. She was there first, and as soon as I sat down, she looked extremely smug. It seems that she thought I had wanted to talk to apologize or something, and thought i would be telling her Steve was invited to the wedding. Imagine her surprise when I almost immediately tell her that Steve is in no way allowed to attended, and I have officially decided to rescind her invite as well.

She was instantly angry, asking why I would do that when I was obviously in the wrong, why I would uninvite her simply because she wanted her partner there, etc. Bullshit like that lol. I let her rant for a minute before I calmly told her what I wanted to say. I told her that my family, and literally everyone important to me that would be at the wedding, did not like Steve. No one but her wanted him there, and multiple people would be uncomfortable if he was. I also told her, it was my wedding and me and my fiance are the only two people who gets to decided who comes and who doesnt. I was clear that she was allowed to want her boyfriend there, but I wasn't obligated to cater to her wants, especially when that's someone I dont like at all. I even told her that if she had just decided not to come at first since he couldnt, I would have understood. But she tried to guilt me into inviting someone who wasnt wanted, so that's why she was no longer wanted. I told her how her actions made me feel and how I now perceived her, and made it clear I wanted to end our friendship and stop our contact. She was furious through every word.

Before I ended the conversation, I told her that I had a question and I wanted the complete truth (honestly wasnt sure if I would get it though lol), and I asked her point blank, was she with Steve before he and Lily split? She got nervous, wouldn't even make eye contact, and stayed silent for a few seconds. I figured that told me what I wanted to know, but I honestly wanted to hear her say it. Then she did.

She told me that they have been together for a year, total. They started sleeping together when Steve and Lily got into an argument, and Amanda started falling for him so thought being his mistress was better than not having him at all. At first, he would only go to her when Lily and him fought, but then he started going to her whenever Lily was busy (or his other girls were). She didnt feel sorry about it at all, and kept trying to justify her actions. She even tried to justify her ability to look my sister in the eyes, to comfort her, all that even though she was loving Steve for so long. She really thinks she did the right thing just because she loves him. At one point she said that they really were in love, and she was the only one in his life now. I felt bad for her then, I admit. But that's not my problem.

I got up, I walked out, and I drove straight to my sisters, where I am now. Told her what I had learned, and we are having a very fun girls night with icecream, alcohol, and movies.

Amanda and Steve are no longer my concern and I have decided to enjoy the stress free time while I've got it, cause I know I'm gonna be stressed the closer the wedding day gets lol.

Thank you to everyone who commented, you were all right about the cheating and everything and I am extremely thankful for yall opening my eyes.

AITA for telling my (F28) fiancé (M27) to drop his “groomswoman?”

quote:

My fiancé “Ben” and I met at work. We worked for a tech company where I handled office management stuff and he was part of the customer support team. His best friend “James” worked there too and also a woman, “Alex.”

Before Ben and I started dating, he and James and Alex became a friendship group. The three of them liked a lot of the same hobbies and stuff and James and Alex encouraged Ben to get training and move from customer support to being a developer like them. When Ben’s apartment flooded he lived with Alex, and even after he moved out he still hung out there a ton.

When Ben and I started dating, I still wasn’t bothered by the friendship too much because it mostly revolved around activities that I wasn’t especially interested in and Alex always seemed supportive of us as a couple. She was the also the only woman at the place that worked on the actual tech side of things and not in the office so it made sense that guys were the only work friends she could have. She and I did try to get together more once Ben and I were a couple, but it kind of trailed off because we just didn’t have a lot in common and it felt like we were trying too hard. I never got the impression she didn’t like me or was jealous or whatever, just kind of two different people.

Anyway, Ben and I finally got engaged and we were talking about our bridesmaid and groomsmen choices and he kind of threw me a curve ball and said he wanted Alex as one of his “groomswomen.” I thought he was kidding and laughed but he was dead serious and is including her in all of the bachelor party activities and things as well.

It seemed a little odd to me but I shrugged it off. But then I was in the kitchen the other day while Ben was in the other room at his computer chatting with James and gaming. James asked if Alex was going to be wearing a dress or a suit for the wedding and Ben said a suit to which James replied “she’ll be the hottest guy there.” Ben replied with “probably the hottest girl too.” (Yes, Alex is attractive she’s really tall and stereotypically “hot.”) They laughed so I wasn’t mad quite yet just chalking it up to stupid banter when James said “for a second there I thought you two might start dating” and my fiancé came back with “yeah I could never land a girl like that.”

I sat there in the kitchen totally gobsmacked, like, how do you not feel like the runner up? Later when Ben was done gaming and we were sitting down to eat I told him I was no longer comfortable with Alex being in the wedding and he would have to drop her as part of his party. A huge fight ensued and I told him what I overheard and he said it was just talk and he and Alex never dated or had a physical relationship so I needed to get over it.

I feel like I never want to see this person again especially on my wedding day but at the same time I know she has been one of Ben’s best friends since before he and I knew each other or were a couple - so am I overreacting?

YTA but only to herself.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

trickybiscuits posted:

Reddirt AITA dump

AITA for calling my SIL cruel for excluding her brother (My Husband) from her upcoming wedding?

:blessed: This couple absolutely deserve each other.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

What are the chances Alex is gay?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ogma posted:

:blessed: This couple absolutely deserve each other.

Gotta repost this one...

AITA For Telling My Ex-Fiancé's Best Friend That He Needs To Live Negative Impact He Played In Ex-Fiancé's Misery?

quote:

I (30f) am here because the people I'm closet to that I would usually go for advice are a little too close to home and biased towards me to give a neutral perspective. I'm going to give some backstory for context first and if there are more questions I'll try my best to clear things up.

Backstory: I was engaged to my college boyfriend "Mike" (30m) and was really happy. What I wasn't happy about his friendship with childhood friend "David" (30m) the guy was an obnoxious and often rude jerk who likes to play "pranks" on people. It seems like the more inappropriate or the more people tell him to not prank them he'll take it as challenge and either target them more or pretend that he's about to prank them just so he can watch people be anxious over it. I couldn't stand the guy but was willing to tolerate him. When Mike said that David would be his Best Man I was against it and we got into a fight but I relented. During the objections part David spoke up and said that he couldn't let his friend a cheater. He even went as far as to hire someone to be a fake AP. I runaway in tears as David laughed. I barricaded myself in the bathroom bawling my eyes out and refusing to let anyone in. I could hear Mike knocking on the door saying that David confessed to it just being a prank and that he knows I wouldn't cheat. But that didn't make me feel better. I heard my sister and best friend "Jane" (31f) calling out to me and I crawled out and left. I called my parents and grandparents apologizing for the whole scene and told them that the wedding was off and I planned to never speak to him again either.

Fast forward a few months later and Jane confessed that before the wedding she had a one-nightstand with David, was pregnant, and going to keep the baby. She was so remorseful about the situation and after I had my space, I told her that it would be okay and that I'm still her friend. Jane named me as the godmother of her son "Tommy" (7m) and he's a little cutie. He calls me "Auntie" and Mike, who David named as the godfather, "Uncle Mike" and I will say becoming a dad made David a better person. Although, I'm never going to like him and I guess Mike never got over me and David feels super guilty and wants us to get back together but I have refused.

When Tommy's birthday was coming up David tried to use that as an excuse to get me and Mike to talk to each other, but I shut that down. I even opted out last minute with an illness excuse. David sent me a long text about how disappointing I was for not being able to put my past aside for Tommy's benefit and I took exception to that. We went back and forth a little and I told David that Mike and me are over and that he just needs to live with his role in any negative impact that the wedding caused on Mike. David claims he's just trying to fix things between us and that I'm being petty. I thought nothing of it at first but now I'm starting to wonder AITA?

ETA: Hey had to step away but I see some comments and gotten some messages inquiring about the same/similar things so I will reiterate, elaborate and clear some stuff up.

David and I were never friends and never will be. I tolerated him for Mike back then and I'm tolerating him for Tommy now.
Jane and David were never in a relationship. It was just a one night stand that resulted in a child.
When Jane first told me I was quite upset and didn't speak to her for a while but we managed to patch things up.
David's prank was the most humiliating moment of my life and a part of me blamed Mike for it because he insisted on David being his Best Man and that's why I ran away.
For days Mike tried to reach out through friends and family but I ignored him.
Once it became clear that I wasn't coming back Mike did temporarily cut David off but they managed to patch things up. Don't know why or how.
When Tommy was around 2 David did apologize to me for his prank. It felt sincere.
Since the wedding (and Tommy's birth) I've never seen nor heard of David doing pranks again.
Jane has tried to set up boundaries between David and me on my behalf but she can only do so much, and I don't blame her for it.
David went through Jane's phone without her knowledge and that's how he got my new number and texted me.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I think the only reason I'd have a wedding is to weed out the drama queens and sever them from my life entirely. And then cancel the wedding.

Good lord.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
My favorite part of that story is what a spineless loser Mike is.

He didn't even dump his terrible friend long term.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Scathach posted:

What are the chances Alex is gay?

Gay or straight, hearing that you're the consolation prize after you've already started planning the wedding is brutal

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Like the kid isn't related to the OP, why the gently caress would she deal with all the drama to hang out with a baby? gently caress Jane too.

idiotsavant posted:

Gay or straight, hearing that you're the consolation prize after you've already started planning the wedding is brutal

Oh, definitely agree. I just feel like there's more to the story here.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Scathach posted:

Like the kid isn't related to the OP, why the gently caress would she deal with all the drama to hang out with a baby? gently caress Jane too.

Oh, definitely agree. I just feel like there's more to the story here.

Seems kind of cut & dry; her fiance should probably start groveling about as hard as he possibly can right now before he becomes her ex-fiance. Her deal with Alex isn't about a woman as a groomsman or even a woman as a friend, it's all about what her fiance said. And tbh overhearing someone baldly say, "Yeah I mean she's the best I could do" about their partner is grounds to bounce on the relationship at just about any point.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

trickybiscuits posted:

Reddirt AITA dump

quote:

My husband is a jokester,
could've stopped reading there. The husband is an rear end in a top hat. "I like to pull pranks" and "what, you can't take a joke?" are the lies dickheads tell themselves to justify their lovely behavior.

quote:

Sil complains about being on the recieving end of his pranks and jokes whenever they spent time together, She claimed that because of him, she lost her high school friends, her highschool sweetheart and lots of self esteem because his pranks wore her down emotionally and mentally. Now they're in a better place but old habits die hard and my husband is still the jokester he was years ago.
Yup definitely the rear end in a top hat.It's not a prank if both parties aren't laughing at the end, it's just being cruel. And he did it repeatedly for years. He's a piece of poo poo he enjoys tormenting others.

quote:

SIL got engaged 2 momths ago and invited my husband and me. Unfortunately, My husband decided it was a good time to pull a prank on her during the party and lied about her fiance's brother having an accident that night. He was joking of course, but things got out of hands and the party got cancelled. My SIL yelled at my husband and hasn't been speaking to him eversince.
The fact that she doesn't specify what kind of accident he lied about makes me think she is minimizing the it and he said he was killed or hospitalized. gently caress him. And gently caress the OP for enabling him. The sister should do more than uninvite them to the wedding and cut them out of her life completely.

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Apr 28, 2024

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That phrasing of lying about someone having an accident sounds like the guy has access to first responder radio. My money's on cop.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Destruct all pranksters. They have abused the privilege and cannot, must not be tolerated any longer.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Hughlander posted:

Gotta repost this one...

AITA For Telling My Ex-Fiancé's Best Friend That He Needs To Live Negative Impact He Played In Ex-Fiancé's Misery?

That story is just so... What kind of a spineless rear end in a top hat lets this happen to the woman he supposedly loves on their wedding day? Even if he didn't know David was planning to do this, he should have shut that down immediately, or if he was too shocked, gone after his fiancée before enough time had passed that David could confess to the prank. And yeah, it looks like David has stopped pranking people at least and even apologized (with a delay of almost three years), but he clearly still hasn't figured out that his actions had long-lasting consequences and he ruined his friend's marriage for good.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

trickybiscuits posted:

Hughlander posted:

Some adults have to learn it the hard way. This is not like that time when you were five and called your mummy a "poopyhead" , you said sorry and she kissed and forgave you. Saying sorry is not the magical "undo" button, that poo poo you did was still done, no one needs to forgive you for poo poo, and sometimes you just have to live with the consequences for the rest of your life.

Scathach posted:

gently caress Jane too.

Yep, gently caress Jane too. The OP, who otherwise has done no wrong, is spineless for not dumping Jane.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

deoju posted:

Yup definitely the rear end in a top hat.It's not a prank if both parties aren't laughing at the end, it's just being cruel. And he did it repeatedly for years. He's a piece of poo poo he enjoys tormenting others.

I am not as gung ho against "pranks" and "pranksters" as this thread is. But this is truth. It is not a prank, it is not fun time, if not everyone directly involved is laughing.

I would add that if you are the one who is laughing at something you thought/hoped would be funny, and someone else is upset about it, then you done hosed up and what you need to do is not say "It was a prank bro!" But to understand that your actions have upset someone you supposedly like and/or care about, and apologize profusely for doing whatever it was that upset them.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There are some okay joke posts but they almost never include the phrase 'xx is a jokester/prankster/etc." Just like how the phrase "brutally honest" or "tell it like it is" is pretty much always a bad sign.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ApplesandOranges posted:

There are some okay joke posts but they almost never include the phrase 'xx is a jokester/prankster/etc." Just like how the phrase "brutally honest" or "tell it like it is" is pretty much always a bad sign.

A lot of people don't seem to understand the difference between "I like to do X sometimes" and "my personality is X." The one is usually* ok but the other is a massive red flag.

*Assuming "X" isn't, like, "kicking puppies" or something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I laughed hard because I fell for that poo poo hook line and sinker at my first job. I was so goddamn proud of myself. Jesus Christ.

I'm an inveterate organiser. Lists of duties and how to handle emergencies, order of access for anything I use, the whole schmeer.

When I was younger I was so sure it would be my path to success.

L. O. L.

I'm still an organiser, just that now I only do it for me.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm an inveterate organiser. Lists of duties and how to handle emergencies, order of access for anything I use, the whole schmeer.

When I was younger I was so sure it would be my path to success.

L. O. L.

I'm still an organiser, just that now I only do it for me.

i thought you said 'invertebrate' organizer and was like... ok i guess thats a job? weird

kakotheres
Nov 9, 2016

Do the job that is in front of you

Indecisive posted:

i thought you said 'invertebrate' organizer and was like... ok i guess thats a job? weird

This is literally my job lmao! I am organizing, rehousing and cataloging a collection of over half a million invertebrate fossils. However, now I wish they were all alive, that would be way better!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kakotheres posted:

This is literally my job lmao! I am organizing, rehousing and cataloging a collection of over half a million invertebrate fossils. However, now I wish they were all alive, that would be way better!!

That sounds awesome! Wish my job was even slightly as cool.