Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Son, it is GAY and WOMANLY to *checks notes* be nice. KNOCK IT OFF!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

If someone I'm dating texts me that they think they need to go to the ER and tries to call me multiple times, I'm not going to nitpick their word choice and insist that they're lying and block them, especially if I'm five minutes away. I might verify that it's for real, but I'm going to be on my way. If it turns out that this is their idea of a prank it's probably over between us with me recommending they read "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" as part of the breakup, but I'm definitely not going to block them and just go about my day like nothing happened.

This is what it boils down to.

Love yourself enough to never tolerate anyone who would selfishly abandon you in an hour of need.

Even if I was op's gf here I would want to instantly go home because either
1) someone I care about desperately needs my help
Or
2) I have to break up with the idiot who's trying to ruin my night out with a cruel prank

And no option involves just letting it slide and seeing how things shake out the next day

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She should have lied and said her friend took her phone, then everybody wins

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

straight guys hate women so it's suspicious for a straight man to be near a woman

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i have to be its fake cuz how could anyone be so loving stupid to unironically list nothing but positive qualities when saying 'this behavior is wrong', like they would at least try to frame them in a negative way somehow

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Indecisive posted:

i have to be its fake cuz how could anyone be so loving stupid to unironically list nothing but positive qualities when saying 'this behavior is wrong', like they would at least try to frame them in a negative way somehow

He is framing them in a negative way. A lot of people genuinely and truly believe there's something wrong with a boy who acts like that. It is that pesky thing called "toxic masculinity" you may have heard of.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Acting like that dude's son is literally how my husband got me to date him. I'll never understand how being clean or kind or just generally not a lovely person is somehow weak/bad/unmanly. Like it takes a lot more gumption to not get angry in some situations. Being immediately mad is definitely a weakness.

Rather have a feminine man than one that's throwing controllers at the TV like a sad weakling because he lost a fake game.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 25, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dads like that make me instantly angry

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Dads like that make me instantly angry

Okay well I suppose this is fine. In short, anger is a land of contrasts.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Scathach posted:

Acting like that dude's son is literally how my husband got me to date him. I'll never understand how being clean or kind or just generally not a lovely person is somehow weak/bad/unmanly.

I didn't consider this when i first read it. But since your husband cleans himself, I must assume that OP's son also cleans himself. And OP has an unwashed rear end to keep in line with his brand of manliness

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mystes posted:

This one has to be fake

I believe it, you know there are guys out there who think defensive driving is for pussies and feel emasculated every time they do a zipper merge

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I have to assume that’s bait. I wish I knew any 18 year old guy who acted like him.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

emSparkly posted:

I have to assume that’s bait. I wish I knew any 18 year old guy who acted like him.

I mean my husband was 19 when I met him and he's always been a gentleman. Like he was sick as poo poo and puking up blood, but always insisted on walking me home at night and all the cute poo poo.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

sinnesloeschen posted:

what the hell this rules

Yeah, I'm going to go do all of these things. That's my new favorite song.

FMguru posted:

Another unwanted family reconcillator story. Fortunately, OP has a Pete-like spine.

AITAH for not trying couples therapy with my ex because she gave my number to my brother?

I never get tired of stories with the pattern:

A: If you do [that thing], I will break up with up
B: * does [that thing] *
A: I'm breaking up with you
B: (sobbing) H-how could you?!?
"We are no longer a couple."
"I want to go to couples therapy."
"For what?"

Also, "I wasn't in the mood to argue so I just broke up with on the spot." I got chills.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I see your remix and raise you a remix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OksmTAC9Kc

Also a bridezilla

AITA for refusing to let my sister dress me up as a Disney princess for her wedding?

quote:

I (23f) have an older sister Jade (26f) who has been obsessed with Disney since we were kids. I too have a liking for the brand and many of its movies and characters but Jade takes it to a whole new level.

Late last year, Jade got engaged to Mike (25m) and they put in an offer on a house before the new year. Since then, Jade has been raving about decorating her entire house with disney stuff, basically anything she can find. My brothers and I have no issue with this because we know how much she loves Disney.

The problem arose when she began wedding planning and brainstorming and mentioned she wanted to dress up all the bridesmaids as different disney princesses - the signature dress, makeup, and hair, all matching that disney princess. I thought it seemed a bit weird and as I'm not big on doing my hair or makeup a lot, I was a little bothered. I also felt she was a bit old to be trying to "play dress up" and force her bridesmaids to have makeovers and such to look like a disney princess.

I myself am not very feminine so I don't wear dresses that much or even wear makeup. At most, I'll maybe wear a skirt and some foundation to cover blemishes but I feel this is totally out of my comfort zone.

I mentioned to Jade that it was a bit childish and immature to try to fuel this obsession by treating her bridesmaids like dolls and I didn't want to be a doll to her. She got mad at me and argued that it's her wedding and her special day so everyone should comply to what she wants. I argued that several of us bridesmaids aren't comfortable with that much makeup or crazy hairstyles to match someone we aren't but she continued arguing that it was her wedding and she'd do the same for me or anyone else's special day.

I spoke with our mother (48f) about it and she believes I overreacted and should just compromise with Jade to make her day special and not ruin it. Now I've been pondering how to handle this.

So, AITA for refusing to let my sister dress me up as a disney princess for her wedding?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

trickybiscuits posted:

"We are no longer a couple."
"I want to go to couples therapy."
"For what?"

Or, "With who?"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ex-wife (38F) married my (37M) best friend (35M). It's killing me and destroyed my marriage

quote:

I (37M) have been with my wife (26F) for 5 years and married 4 years. We have 3 kids from her previous relationships (2 boys and 1 girl between the ages of 5 and 8). I really love her and her kids. Things were perfect until 3 or 4 months ago. I've had 3 big promotions in 5 years. We bought a house last year. She stays home with the kids and is trying to make a social media career happen. I have always been on the fence about having kids but she really wanted us to have one together so I agreed to try to have my vasectomy reversed. She's is 7 months pregnant now. We were so loving happy.

My ex-wife (38F) divorced me in 2019 and moved about 2 hours away a few months into the pandemic. Our divorce was amicable but once it was finalized, I never heard from her again even when I would wish her well on birthdays and holidays. I even sent her a graduation gift when I heard that she finished her PhD program. Other people in our social circle including my parents and sister-in-law who sent her a gift received handwritten thank you cards. I didn't get so much as a text. My ex-wife is a really kind and thoughtful person and the woman I knew would've at least sent a thank you text if her worst enemy sent her a gift. Even though we broke up I didn't think she hated me.

My best friend (35M) and I were best friends since college. He's the best person I know and at least 10 people think he's their best friend, but he said that I was his always. We kind of lost touch during the pandemic. We live 2 hours apart and he is a lawyer and teaches classes at a university so he is really busy. I have a really busy career and a new wife and three kids. I didn't really realize that the texts between us were fewer and that the last time he finally replied to me was in late 2021. He also falls off the face of the earth when he gets with a new girl and then when things cool off, we all hear from him more. We have always been the kind of friends that could go an extended period of time without communicating and then pick up right where we left off. I kept saying that I would eventually call him when things were less busy.

My wife and I went to visit the city he and my ex-wife live in last summer for a week and I tried calling him a couple of times to meet up but he never answered. I was sad but just figured he was busy with work or obsessed with a new girlfriend. I have other friends there so I got to see them. Then I went to the city again by myself in October for a Halloween party. I figured he'd be at this party and I was psyched that I'd get to see him then.

He was there. When I went to say hi and hug him, he looked a little surprised and gave me a weak hug. I told him that I was there during the summer and that I tried calling him so we could hang out. He just said "Yeah, I was on my honeymoon that week. Sorry, I didn't get back to you." I was really shocked to hear that he'd gotten married and a little hurt that my best friend got married without me even knowing he had a serious girlfriend, but still happy for him. Like I said he was a great guy and girls love him. I spit out a rush of questions, like who is she, where is she, what's her name, what's she like, where'd you meet her, how long have you been together. He paused for a moment and then just bluntly said, "It's (Ex-Wife's name)." My ex-wife doesn't have a unique name or anything, but it isn't the most common name either and instantly I knew that it was her.

I can't describe how it felt to hear those two words come out of his mouth. I felt sick to my stomach and I immediately wanted to die. I have never felt like that before. I just said "What the gently caress." He told me that I didn't get to be mad because I broke her heart and they didn't start dating until 2 years after we got divorced and that I chose to be with some waitress anyway.

I drank the rest of the weekend because it was the only way I was able to sleep. I feel betrayed by both of them. My best friend since I was 20 years old married my ex-wife behind my loving back. I was married to her for 6 years and they were never even friends and now they are in love with each other. I also found out that he talked poo poo about my current wife and me behind my back and never liked her.

I went back home and I know that I was distant with my wife and the kids because I was just hurting so much. After a couple of weeks, we had a big fight and she called me out on being distant and accused me of cheating. I finally came clean and told her about my ex and my best friend which she scoffed about and said she'd known about them for a long time now because of social media. I flew into a rage and we fought for hours. She betrayed me by not telling me the entire time she knew. She didn't say anything when I mentioned my best friend not returning my calls or messages. I didn't get to sleep before going to work and after work I just stayed with my parents for a few days.

When I finally went back home we got into another fight where she accused me of still being in love with my ex and said that I wouldn't care if I wasn't. I called her stupid and said that she wouldn't understand because she doesn't have any friends. I wouldn't care if my ex-wife got married to anyone else if it wasn't my best friend. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

We made up eventually but I feel sick to my stomach everyday and things aren't the same in our relationship. I love my wife but I've come to realize it's not the same way I loved my ex-wife. My wife doesn't love me the same way my ex-wife did either. I have started to regret the things that led to our divorce because we were really happy until the moment she left me. I don't even have my best friend to call because he's too busy loving my ex-wife to care about me anymore.

Everything feels empty and like a lie now. A lot of friends agree that they both betrayed me but think I need to move on. Even my dad and brother told me to get over it. My sister-in-law yelled at me and my mom tries to comfort me but I know she's over hearing about my problems. I have to pretend I'm okay but I'm not. No one gives a poo poo about mental health when it comes to men.

I bought up couples therapy to my wife but she said that she thinks we are okay since we worked through things. Guess I have to pretend for the rest of my life now because divorce is not on the table.

I need advice on what to do and how to get closure. I am thinking of driving to their city to just show up and force them to talk to me so I can move on. Is that too much to ask? How do I get my wife to see that it is hard to trust her after knowing she kept a big secret from me for a long time?

TLDR: The three people I loved the most outside of my blood family ripped my heart out. My wife knew about my best friend being in a relationship with my ex-wife and didn't tell me. Best friend ghosted me around the time he started dating my ex-wife. Ex-wife is still friendly with my family and mutual friends, but not me.

oh huh that's weird I wonder why he doesn't say why they divorced

quote:

My ex-wife found out about me sleeping with my current wife. I broke up with my current wife for my ex-wife so we could work things out. She decided she wanted a divorce a couple of months later even though I begged her to try with me. Out of respect, I tried to make sure the divorce was as easy as possible. I got back together with my current wife while we were separated.

there's s long stupid update where it turns out his current wife is also cheating on him

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Kurieg posted:

I see your remix and raise you a remix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OksmTAC9Kc

Also a bridezilla

AITA for refusing to let my sister dress me up as a Disney princess for her wedding?

Just dress up as Mulan

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

If your rectum looks like that, please go to a hospital immediately. If you can't drive, text your girlfriend and tell her that your butthole hurts.

Tony Lazuto says hello.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Troublemaker posted:

My (33M) wife (34F) thinks my orgasms are gross. How do I handle this?

Maybe she just can't handle the sound of jangling coins?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mx. posted:

Ex-wife (38F) married my (37M) best friend (35M). It's killing me and destroyed my marriage

oh huh that's weird I wonder why he doesn't say why they divorced

*reason for divorce*

lol

quote:

there's s long stupid update where it turns out his current wife is also cheating on him

Lmao

Also some fun math on that one :whitewater:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Scathach posted:

I mean my husband was 19 when I met him and he's always been a gentleman. Like he was sick as poo poo and puking up blood, but always insisted on walking me home at night and all the cute poo poo.

God drat if that ain’t romantic.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Someone should make a post on r/relationships that’s just the plot of Trapped in the Closet and see how many people fall for it. All the other parts have to come as update edits.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

emSparkly posted:

God drat if that ain’t romantic.

Well he didn't tell me he was doing the chemo/radiation thing until after our first date. So can't really blame the guy for puking blood back then. He pukes far less now.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Shouldn't you talk to your best friend at least once a year if you want them to keep that title? I'll go a long time without talking to a person, but I wouldn't call someone my best friend if we were completely no-contact for several years.

Even without knowing that he cheated on his ex-wife, I'm going to say that once you divorce someone, you don't get to police who they're in a relationship with. If you torpedoed the relationship AND went on to marry the person you were having an affair with, that just reinforces that it's not your business any more.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Troublemaker posted:

My (33M) wife (34F) thinks my orgasms are gross. How do I handle this?

Oh she cray cray

quote:

I do have an update. I took most of the good advice and tried to talk to my wife last night. It didn’t go well.

When I asked why she thought it was ok to have a baby with donor sperm and not me she said again because it’s her choice and that she wants only the best genes for her kids. When I asked why she changed her tune from when we talked about it a year ago she denied it. I even showed her screenshots from when we texted it and she claimed that wasn’t her and it was “someone else”. When I asked who she couldn’t answer but alluded to her phone being hacked. When I asked if it’s still hacked or when she texted she loved me was that a hacker or her? She said her but that the hackers can change messages and make people look different.

When I brought up how disrespectful that is to a husband she questioned why it was so important to me to have a kid.

When I explained that IVF can cost from $25k to $100k she flipped out and said she won’t go to a clinic that is run by “deep state doctors”. That she has a list of doctors that don’t murder babies. I asked what list and she refused to show me.

When I tried to bring up sex she shut me down by saying I’m a disgusting pig who only thinks about sex and spreading my “dirty” genes.

She said she wants to make sure “her” kid has blonde hair and white. I guess me being white doesn’t matter?

She’s never expressed these ridiculous and frankly racist views before. I did notice she’s been spending hours on Facebook and some other website usually after I go to bed.

Unfortunately, I think she’s losing grip with reality and falling into some bizarre conspiracy theories.

I asked her to see a counselor with me because I am concerned about us and her she said that doctors will just want to load her up with medication that makes her a zombie and that it’s a way for “them” to control people and that she had to stop taking it last year because it was hurting her soul.

So, I’m seeing a lawyer this week.

In short, apparently my wife was medicated while we were dating and engaged and never told me. I think she’s losing grip on reality and is falling into a conspiracy theory trap.

After I talk to the lawyer, and if it’s ok with the lawyer, I’m going to call her parents and let them know I’m concerned about her mental state and that I cannot be a part of this mess.

I thought I knew her, I love the woman I know not who I married.

I’m sorry, I wish I had a better outcome for you all to hear about.

They live paycheck to paycheck and share a car so lol at IVF

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Oh that sucks. I can't imagine marrying someone and them not telling me if they were on meds for something like that. Holy hell, poor dude.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Oh she cray cray

Absent reproductive health issues you can use IUF instead (intra-uterine-fertilisation, aka a turkey baster full of cum except more medical). Still not cheap, but way cheaper than IVF.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

Hughlander posted:

Oh she cray cray

Am I dreaming this poo poo?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

My |27M] girlfriend |27F] won't stop swapping out my real groceries with small versions of branded items

quote:

It's basically what the title says - but the weird part is she won't ever admit that it's her? She just sort of looks at me and pretends to be confused when I confront her?

Basically, every few weeks I come home and some of my groceries are missing and replaced my miniature plastic versions of themselves. Come home from work and looking forwards to a coca cola? Oh great, my coca cola is gone and there's a miniature plastic version. Break something small and need to tape it back together? Oh good, miniature duct-tape. Make eggs and want some tabasco? Oh great, miniature tabasco. You get the point - kind of funny, but pretty annoying too.

So far all fair play, clearly my girlfriend thinks its some sort of funny prank or practical joke, but the thing thats weirding me out is that she never acknowledges that its her? Even when I start to get genuinely upset, or frustrated she insists that its "so strange" that "random objects are shrinking in our home"?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

My |27M] girlfriend |27F] won't stop swapping out my real groceries with small versions of branded items

INFO: are you dating one of the fae folk

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Scathach posted:

Oh that sucks. I can't imagine marrying someone and them not telling me if they were on meds for something like that. Holy hell, poor dude.

A psychotic episode is tough enough to deal with if you know it's a possibility. But to have no idea...

I'm guessing they didn't live together before marriage - unless she was on depot injections, you'd think you'd notice the antipsychotic medications.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Where exactly is she finding plastic duct tape on such extreme short notice

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

Absent reproductive health issues you can use IUF instead (intra-uterine-fertilisation, aka a turkey baster full of cum except more medical). Still not cheap, but way cheaper than IVF.

She thinks semen is absolutely disgusting and won't let it near her. She probably wants IVF because they do all the sperm & egg mixing outside the body, then insert the embryos.

But really, that's the least of this lady's problems.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I feel like this is an extended setup for a breast reduction or something.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Just an all-around disaster couple:

TIFU by not shutting up and driving myself into being single

quote:

I am a bit of a homebody and my (ex) girlfriend liked to go out for a few drinks every now and then on weekends. In the beginning this was not a problem for me as it would usually only be for an hour or two and sometimes I would tag along just to socialize for a bit. Eventually she would invite her friend T(male) to hangout as well and then they would stay out later and later, usually until 1 or 2 am.

I was kinda irritated at that but it was her own personal time and I didn't want to intrude. Soon you'll see where this is going as that got extended to 4, then 5, then 6, and lately 7am the morning after on weekends. Everytime she would come home to me and try to have sex with me. But knowing that she spent more time with T than myself I would usually, and saltiness, turn her down.

This has continued for months now and at the beginning of this month I confronted her about how much time she spends with this guy. I said that it makes me uncomfortable that the bars close at 2 and that she heads over to his parents house. To which she said it's only for a few more drinks and to watch anime. What particularly hurt was that I had tried to get her to watch anime in the past but gave up after disinterest.

As of two weeks ago, I asked her to chose me over T and she said she'll try but then began to hide texts, phone calls, and would now head out during the workweek for a few hours to watch anime with him. She says that this was only so she wouldn't miss out on the next episode. You can understand my anger at this and I asked her to choose me and her kids as now they had noticed and cried about missing her. Nothing changed, so I planned a way to get ahold of her phone and get proof.

Well, I did it this very night after she passed out and I found my proof. My heart broke and began to beat out of my chest, it must have woken her as she looked at me with a blank face. I cried, my breathing was like a cold starting engine and told her that I can't be her boyfriend anymore. Unfortunately, that is fuckup number 1 for today and here is the other. I live in her house and don't have any savings to find a new place. I don't have friends near enough to couch crash or anything. I should have just shut up and planned a way out before all this but it kept eating at me.

All line breaks added by me because Jesus Christ.

Also: r/relationships: what hurt was that I had tried to get her to watch anime in the past

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Where exactly is she finding plastic duct tape on such extreme short notice

The toy department or a craft store. You can buy toy sets of grocery item miniatures and craft stores have all kinds of weird stuff.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moon Slayer posted:

Just an all-around disaster couple:

TIFU by not shutting up and driving myself into being single

All line breaks added by me because Jesus Christ.

Also: r/relationships: what hurt was that I had tried to get her to watch anime in the past

He found proof of... what? Cheating? he never even mentions cheating. They have kids who "cry about missing her" over a few hours a weekend? Christ.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

It's written like it's part 4 or a five-part story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

Shouldn't you talk to your best friend at least once a year if you want them to keep that title? I'll go a long time without talking to a person, but I wouldn't call someone my best friend if we were completely no-contact for several years.

Even without knowing that he cheated on his ex-wife, I'm going to say that once you divorce someone, you don't get to police who they're in a relationship with. If you torpedoed the relationship AND went on to marry the person you were having an affair with, that just reinforces that it's not your business any more.
I'll go further and say thatonce you are divorced,unless it involves the kids, youhave gently caress all business in their personal life. AT ALL. they can date who they like, not date who they like, for whatever reason and it is none of your beeswax.