Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You rang?

AITA for jokingly telling my sister that she'll make a great housewife?

At that particular moment, he was engaging in assholish tendencies, without necessarily being one full time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Counterpoint: a pint is two cups which is really hardly any milk at all. Not like, say, a quart which is also easily finish-able by one person. Especially if it's chocolate or strawberry.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There's no reason that old dairy cows can't be eaten unless they're pumping them full of chemicals, which, like, they shouldn't.

Maybe I'm spoiled because I grew up around lots of small family farms.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Feet get an extra little push towards disgusting because like 50% of feet guys think they're James Bond and no one could possibly know what they're really up to.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ravendas posted:

There isn't a single save file, every time you hit f5 to quicksave it creates one, and there are autosaves too. He lost ten minutes of work tops because you can just reload the next save in the list.

OP said he deleted all of those.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Shanghaied posted:

How did the dog die?

Dogs didn't evolve to eat only meat any more than humans did. A meat only diet would lead to malnutrition.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My [22F] boyfriend [23M] hates my clothes.
quote:

quote:

Together for 3 years. So when I first met my boyfriend, I wasn't really into fashion and I generally just wore jeans, T-shirts, sweaters (not that they looked bad, but they weren't really "me.") I started reading the FFA sub (used throwaway bc he knows my real username) several years ago and got way more into fashion.

Now this means that physically, I look really different than I did when I met my bf. My hair used to natural and collarbone length, now it's very short (pixie I guess)? My body doesn't look any different but I definitely dress it differently. I like to wear colorful bow-ties with suspenders (I call it "Six Flag Old Man style" haha) and I also have a fuzzy bucket hat that I sometimes pair with it. Generally if something is deliberately "unflattering" and stands out, I want to wear it. I know it looks weird, that's the point, but it's me and it's what I feel good in. My style is basically over-the-top colorful little old British man haha...i wear lots boxy menswear in vibrant colors with deliberately weird hats and accessories and Dad sneakers.

Anyway, my bf doesn't say anything about my clothes unless I ask him, but recently when we were going on a date night I wore this outfit that was like a vintage 90s print vest, bright trousers, and button down shirt with Dad sneakers (I posted a pic on another sub where I asked this question but I can't link here). I asked him what he thought of the outfit. And he said "Honestly, I'm not really a fan of it."

Now, I know I asked him, but if he loves me, how can he "not be a fan" of something that makes me happy? I probed a little deeper and asked him how he felt about my other clothes and he admitted that he loved me regardless of how I dressed/looked, but he preferred my hair longer and preferred my old way of dressing.

Obviously we didn't go to dinner that night. He still wanted to, but I just wanted to sit in bed. I didn't even want to look at him.

Now obviously he's allowed to have preferences- but I'm not a stranger, I'm his girlfriend. It feels borderline controlling to tell me he's "not a fan" of my style. Because what am I supposed to do? I'm obviously going to keep dressing this way so I have to think about in the back of my mind that he doesn't like it. awesome.

I don't even want to look at him now. He should have just told me he liked it. And more than that, he should have actually liked it because if he likes me, he should like anything that makes me happy.

I told my mom about the situation and she says that she agrees with him, she also isn't a fan of my style, that I can still dress this way if I want but that I can't expect everyone to like it. And that's fine, my mom doesn't have to like it. But a SO should definitely like it, or at least pretend to.

Am I overreacting?

TLDR: Boyfriend being controlling about my clothes, not sure if I am overreacting

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
It's two hours to Los Angeles, from Los Angeles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The Lone Badger posted:

I mean leaving the baby behind to delay the predators while you escape is a pretty solid strategy. It’s like lizards dropping their tail.

Yeah, at least she didn't start to devour the baby as a stress response.