Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I remember there was 1 story about a teenager being shipped off to his grandparents, and he couldn't figure out why and nobody would tell him. I don't think that one ever got updated either.

I think this thread needs the gurglespurts story too unless I missed it being posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

mystes posted:

That's a surprising level of not having any interest in her parents without any specific reason aside from "They did things together that I wasn't interested in. And my parents never had any time for me"

I remember we saw another story about that kind of family. A guy basically just said that his parents would always choose each other over him. They had a kid because they had to but they didn't like him very much and basically just tried to live like they did before they had a kid. The believed they had more of a duty to each other than they did to their kid. They didn't really dislike him enough to abuse him, just do the bare minimum of parenting, and then were surprised when he didn't like them as an adult.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

StrangersInTheNight posted:

My initial post was how QR codes ultimately become a class filter because not everyone has access to that level of technology. I did not say it was happening everywhere, although eventually it likely will.

it's not an issue for you, that doesn't mean it isn't a serious issue for the large amount of people it affects. just like needing a car to live in the US is a prerequisite that causes trouble and class divides, soon everyone will simply need a smartphone to be considered a valid part of society, and our view will be that anyone who falls outside of that standard is unimportant to the conversation. it's already happening now, in this very discussion.

I don't think the data supports your theory, but go ahead and write a dystopian YA fiction novel about the QR readers vs the rebellion if that makes you feel better, just not in this thread.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

AITA for jerkin' it to Goya's Black Paintings?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_Mocked_by_Two_Women

Found the OP

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

mystes posted:

I guess technically but actually cheating because of an angry comment in red sharpie on a letter (when we don't even really know what the letter said) seems pretty dumb

Realistically their relationship was hosed at that point anyway though

She didn't even know what the letter said so I guess it's irrelevant. The post said she said she didn't actually read it.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Haha. I must spend too much time in the seedy corners of FFXIV because I thought that was just common to use the word degen. I hear it all the fuckin time - but there it is used by people as a source of pride.

It kinda has the same connotations as calling someone an undesirable

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

drat you guys are really mad about a cookie table

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

A 6 hour probe is nothing, but it's weird when some rando stumbles into this thread to enforce rules that never existed.

As far as a mod going mad with power goes, this is pretty benign though.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah its the mods that don't hand out random 6ers that you gotta watch

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

BrideOfUglycat posted:

I was almost ESH on this one until I noticed something in her comments. My initial thought was that keeping your finances so completely separate from the mother of your children that she's taking on debt caring for your kids while you buy a couple houses is pretty reprehensible no matter how bad with money she is.

However, her comments seem to indicate that she treats every boyfriend like the Dad du jour. I don't think the fiancee is the father of her kids.

I don't think she's incurring that debt on shoes and school supplies...

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

People who make a big deal about Name Brand cool whip vs store brand are probably super self conscious about class. Like they know they're not wealthy, but at least they have Standards, unlike the trash that buy store brand stuff! The rungs at the bottom of the ladder are so very close together, so the people there are VERY careful about them. You don't shop here, that's for Poors. You spend a little more and go a little further away because its more expensive and sometimes they have sales.

By bringing store brand cool whip, he might as well have brought a case of lovely light beer and a stripper to the gathering! Some people have no class at all!

Acid Vat. (but a name brand one at least)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

The Bramble posted:

I’m kind of curious how the thread will land on this one. Personally while I think the OP may have some kind of sorta point about how her family doesn’t like her, she picked the stupidest hill to die on over it and is insufferably whiny and self-absorbed.

My (F30) relatives planned my grandmother's funeral for my birthday. She died months ago and my birthday is this Saturday. How do I navigate this painful feeling?

Your family are Alabama people. you moved to NYC. You're like, turbo-dead to them.