Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its an easy quick 6er to learn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Shanghaied posted:

A picture menu would have certainly prevented us from ordering cervelle de veau at a Parisian restaurant, I'll tell you that much.

It was delicious, but I would not eat it again.

lol my homie google is your friend. the name is legitimate what it is

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean to be fair "brains" and "calf" are not usually high school french study words

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wish I could find a man who's not instantly threatened and controlling over my choice of job *finger curls on monkey's paw*

goddamn it.

so you are a retard masterbator and work from home?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
them loving themselves started this whole mess

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ominous Jazz posted:

i had chili with elbow noodles for the first time last night and it was better than i expected

chili mac is a staple military food and iirc its still an MRE.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

trickybiscuits posted:

Two days ago I was at my dad's house and I hugged his cat who did not want to be hugged, please do not judge me for my brutal actions. I was a different person then.

A sweet one:

Me (27F) and my boyfriend (23M) of 6 months, he confessed that he likes to wear women's underwear.

The supportiveness is just :3:

she seems very nice :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
missing a line but solid attempt :golfclap:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i mean if it was in bed thats somewhat justified

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
diapers alone lol 80 bucks is nothing

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hold up a second, folks. Let's spend a few pages to make sure the new thread also has a solid record of everyone's stances on eating while in bed

i mean that does sound splendid....

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
im sure if you really were curious you could find out.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
have you noticed a distinct lack of desire to masterbate? the estate of sylvester graham would like you to complete a survey

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I honestly feel bad for the pregnant babymama - her brain is absolutely hosed up from neglect and she clearly needs years of therapy. it's hard to describe the level of jealousy one has seeing a kind, good family treat each other well when your own family has been a nightmare and you don't have a good support system. You are happy to see it in your friend's lives but also immensely hurt your life couldn't be that way. There is a small nasty part of you that wants to ruin everyone's fun just like you felt yours was ruined, but obviously you should not - doing that just makes you one step closer to the very people who made you that way.

The line about how the pregnant gf said she didn't get a party at 18 is what catches me. She knows that OP's family isn't 'wrong' to care - but if giving someone that much attention for their 18th is normal, it means admitting how very hosed up her own life has been and that the root of her jealousy is her sadness at her own familial dysfunction. So instead, it has to be abnormal, wrong, too much attention for an 18 yo, etc.

i do get that and i sympathize to an extent and my wife and i just had an interesting talk about this post. TLDR, major trauma family background on my side very somewhat "normal" family on her side. occasionally i have to abstain or take a break because eh.. im not used to it.

the idea though that because you missed out on a normal healthy family relationship shouldnt make you want to pass that pain on. you definately shouldnt be raising a child ffs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Halloween Jack posted:

He did what he told her to do and refused to sneak around acting ashamed of it. They're both assholes for not divorcing.

pretty much.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
if your wife red pens you on a heartfelt letter about relationship crisises im kinda with dude here.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ah yes a handwritten letter. very typical. i may be taking this at face value but handwritten anything isnt really typical nowadays

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
noted rational beings

18-19 year olds.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

noted rational beings

18-19 year olds.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Halloween Jack posted:

I feel like if it was normal for pregnancy hormones to cause a psychotic fugue, I'd have heard about it before now. Instead, over the past few weeks I've read a bunch of Reddit stories about how it's unreasonable to expect a pregnant woman not to e.g. knock you unconscious with a cast-iron pan.

By the by, if you have a partner who thinks that saying "I wish that..." is clear communication that they expect you to do something for them, nip that poo poo in the bud as fast as you can.

i had that issue with my wife, she had this lovely habit of launching into a full on conversation somewhere in the middle of her train of though but didnt ever give me any context. it would start off with something like "so i talked to her and i think we should do it"

I honestly just started with responding with whatever rediculous context i could make up

" a threesome? sure but i dont think your grandma is a good idea this is a small town"

fortunately we got over this hurdle before she was pregnant and she also learned to just tell me what she wanted

if you ask me to get you something from the store, please specify what and what store please. we still have a pink flamingo toilet plunger because of that request and it is now a cherished family heirloom about how communication is important.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

artsy fartsy posted:

I can't focus on cookie chat when there's a goon on the loose that needs to be given a product number when sent out to buy a goddamn toilet plunger

no she asked if i could "stop at the store and get her something." verbatim.

so i went to home depot and looked for the dumbest possible object. it was that or a toilet seat.

(i also picked her up som white claws on the way home which i assumed she wanted but hell if i was going to present those first)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
as long as the proper capitalization rule doesnt come back

e: gently caress

My husband (38 M) returned from a trip with a hickey, need advice.

quote:

I (32 F) have a very good and happy marriage. My husband (38 M) showers me with utmost importance, love and care. It's not even been a year that we got married.

My husband was on a business trip the whole of last week to get to know his team personally. We couldn't talk/text each other much because he was unusually busy. This is a new company for him and he joined as a high ranking member of the team.

He returned home yesterday and we had a very good time, made out, cooked together, slept and cuddled because we just missed each other. After a few hours, I noticed a mark on his neck which looked like a hickey. I asked him about it and he had no idea what it was. On closer inspection, he has several nail scratches on his body too. He was very surprised and he could understand what I am thinking.

He has been extremely upset with the situation that he can't explain the marks. He has been constantly telling me to believe that he can never even think of doing anything to hurt me, cheating is impossible. He has cried, begged and offered to do anything and everything to make me feel right. He understands that it will have a lasting impact on the trust levels between us. He has a habit of deleting texts from everyone he talks to. SMS, WhatsApp, etc, everywhere. I don't think checking his phone will give me any clue and I don't want you to be the couple that snoops in each other's phones.

I am feeling emotionally numb. I have never felt like he could cheat. I can't explain the mark but my mind is refusing the possibility of being cheated upon. He talks about me a lot with his team, he is saying that it would be impossible for him to do anything with a colleague.

I asked him if he found some unexplainable marks on my body, would he be able to let it go? He said, he wouldn't be able to forgive me and divorced me immediately. He has been a victim of cheating in the past and is extremely sensitive about it. I have never been cheated upon before and I don't even know what to think.

Any advice? What would you do if you were in my place?

TL;DR: My husband returned from a business trip with a hickey and scratches, but he insists he didn't cheat. Feeling hurt and unsure what to do. Need advice.

im loving sorry lady

" He has a habit of deleting texts from everyone he talks to. "

yeah as one does

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 1, 2024

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
why?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
badminton is way worse. ok notable thing for scratch marks

and hickies

lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hon it was the shuttlecock

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Shardix posted:

Why what? Why is it funny? Because people getting upset about things that don't matter is funny to me. Why would I used more colorful language? Because if my mom said any of that to me, I would have stronger feelings about it than "go pound sand".

i meant the one above you i dont quote how i should my apologies

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
glad the rando reddit post i snagged to save my snipe involved shuttlecocks

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
lol at the ages there.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is one of those truckin and loving weddings and honestly maybe we should honor the ladies request in that case.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mystes posted:

Well that escalated quickly

and probably will continue. might want to uh take steps there op

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
was expecting a title bait and switch but welp.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Halloween Jack posted:

AITA being pissed at what my wife said to our niece

UPDATE: AITA pissed at what my wife said to my niece

AITAH for waking out on my “adoptive daughter” and telling her everything is her fault

Update AITAH for waking out on my “adoptive daughter” and telling her everything is her fault

god loving drat.

this is all feels good dad for the first bit and how i aspire to be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
had a very similar experience at the office yesterday where the new sales intern at the local division wanted to know why i had a cool office and why i didnt really even have to be in the office and how unfair it was that i take my afternoons at home and its like my homie you are like 19, i work for corporate and all my bosses sit in a boardroom in a completely different state.