Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Oh my god I did I miss the John Prob? drat my dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's an ancient Greek name. Her grandparents are just assholes.

E or are we talking about the name Karen?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That's a fantastic story for a new thread. Go gal and Liam!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

It takes $300 and five minute in front of a judge to change your name. The judge that okayed my name change was named Kirby Kongable and he was very sympathetic. Go change your names, goons!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

FMguru posted:

When you have a chance to turn a celebration of your love and future together with your partner into also being a chance to humiliate your one too-pretty friend you've always hated, well you just have to take it.

AITAH for refusing to attend my best friend's wedding because she wants me to wear an oversized suit (I'm a woman) ?

OP should attend the wedding as a guest, wearing some kind of stunning tight gold lame outfit that really draws attention away from the bride.

Pnurtis P. Pnurtis, checking in.

Wtf is it about weddings that drive people insane? I don't get it. Who cares if your friend has mondo titties, roll with that poo poo.

Absolutely voting for a gold catsuit for the wedding.

Lol Pnurtis

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Clark Nova posted:

Yeah, that was it. I'd be mad as hell about a surprise mormon wedding myself

Did you not bring your special underwear?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I didn't read anything in there that suggested that. He says "falling asleep early" but that's her that's thinking that. She wants him to go out and do a ton of stuff after work and he's tired because that's what happens to a human after 15 or so hours. She's a raging rear end in a top hat and he needs to dump her.

Also lol aren't chiropractics basically snake oil?

E: so in short either dump her or get amphetamines to stay unnaturally awake forever. Nothing can go wrong there!

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Desert Bus posted:

I can not discuss this without wanting to rage til I sound insane so I will let someone else handle the explanation but yes and here is a dece article about it:

https://theoutline.com/post/1617/chiropractors-are-bullshit

Yeah, that's what I thought. Anytime someone says, "I went to the chiropractor!" I trust their judgement a bit less.

That's like saying "Oh yeah, just went to the witchdoctor."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Rain Brain posted:

Yeah I have a cousin who is severely physically impaired after having a stroke at 25 when an adjustment by a chiropractor tore a major blood vessel in her neck. Turns out that type of injury isn't that an uncommon result of going to see them.

Jesus.

I'm still not sure why they're covered by insurance. Seems like a liability more than anything.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah that's just loving weird. And I'm saying this as an enby bi/pan/whatever person. I'd absolutely assume the husband was hitting on me and looking for a threesome.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I'm out to my coworkers because I had to put a stop to really lovely jokes when I first started. They're deep in redneck territory (we sell John Deere tractors) but have become tolerant of, and friendly toward, The Gays 🌈 because now they know one and it's not just some strange thing they heard on the internet.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hughlander posted:

AITA for expecting more from my mother?

My GF attacked my mom, but when you think about it, it’s really my mom’s fault for being a woman near me so she should apologize.

What the gently caress is wrong with the girlfriend and the dude? Holy poo poo.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Hobnob posted:

(Also one extremely hyper jack russell called Pablo Escobark.)

My Jack mix was unfortunately already named when I got him, or he would have been Bob Barker.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

What’s sex for the goose is pegging for the gander, I guess:

AITAH for making up weird sex stuff about my ex boyfriend who I never had sex with after he told everyone we did?
I F18 was dating Carl (18) until last Christmas. I bought him a nice, thoughtful gift and he got me nothing. We had been dating for six months and he said he didn't think we were at the gift stage. Whatever. I was single for New Year's Eve.

I recently found out he it telling everyone that had sex. We didn't. Now my friends are bugging me about it. Since I still "claim" to be a virgin.

Rather than fight the rumors I have been adding to them. He likes being pegged. He likes being snowballed. He makes a weird noise and cries when he comes. He can only get hard if I'm wearing men's underwear.

Now he is pissed off with me for lying about him. He tried telling everyone that I'm lying but I have seen him naked and can tell the truth about his body. For example he as a very big birthmark in his hip area. But you can't see it of he has a bathing suit on.

I know I am being petty. And I was planning on sleeping with him on New Year's Eve. I'm conflicted but I think he deserves it.

This is fantastic and that rear end in a top hat deserves what he got.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Yeah that's either "I'm leaving" or "I'm beating someone's rear end" territory. Like I'm a chill person but once I'm peopled-out I don't wanna be around anyone anymore. I am so glad my husband and various roommates over the years have understood. Christ. I'm so mad on behalf of this person.

E and that's way above and beyond normal extrovert stuff.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

People are really weird and gross about kids that aren't theirs. Like really, you can tell the type of person they are when presented with the idea of a kid or grandkid that "isn't their blood."

I have friends that got a divorce, and the wife's new husband's family refuses to interact with her daughter from the first marriage. She's had three more kids and those are treated like grandkids should be. I hate it and I feel so bad for the little girl, she's an amazing kid. She lives with her dad now.

I generally write people off once they become so worried about their family line. We're all human, my dudes. Get over it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

My favorite comment on that story so far

Redditor posted:

Dear lord, please give me the confidence of a mediocre white man

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Biplane posted:

Me: That's a nice dress
MIL: :)
Me: For a clown to wear
Me: at a wedding
MIL: Nooo

loving lol. I'm so glad someone posted the clown story! I saw it and couldn't copy/paste on the phone. I'm so on the couple's side.

Strange I'm agreeing with a clown. Do not enjoy, but here we are.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

So like.... she broke her wrist and sat there yelling? Kicking down the door is always an option. Embarrass the poo poo outta him literally.

I know there's a lot in this story but that just seems loving weird.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Bonster posted:

AITA for telling my BIL that he has bigger tits then me

Maybe BiL shouldn't be looking at an 18-year-old relative's chest if it turns him on and he can't contain himself?

What the hell kind of family agreed with this dude? Like if I had a kid and someone told them to cover up they'd immediately not be on the beach trip with me. Have fun getting an Uber home, dipshit and dipshit's wife.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Imma treat it like it's real, because I've seen a couple of these situations in real life. Somehow the parents are always lovely as hell.

gently caress those parents. Assholes of one of the highest degrees.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Clearly nothing happens even if you are related, please let me present to you Eve and her sons...

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

AITA For prioritizing a friend over my pregnant wife

:murder:

Oof. I'm on the husband's side here though. She doesn't have other kids to take care of, she can leave the chores or whatever for him. His friend just lost his fiance, which has caused more than one man to implode and kill themselves. He hasn't even had the funeral yet. Yikes. Her lack of compassion is gonna kill the relationship.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Midnight Voyager posted:

She's on near full bedrest at 7 months, that's not normal at all. She's probably afraid she's going to die and her husband's leaving overnight to help a guy who has family living with him right now to watch and take care of him. She has an elderly aunt that he sends over to check "sometimes" and nothing else.

This is info from replies, of course. He didn't mention in the post that his friend has family living with him to support him right now and she has nothing else.

What a loving buried lede. Okay gently caress that guy.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

litany of gulps posted:

Ahh, so your family had money. You are correct, that allows you to get away with things that poor kids don't.

Ahh, so your family had money. You are correct, that allows you to get away with things that poor kids don't.

#NotAllTeachers right my dude?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Literally none of us here are alt-right, and no one here is attacking schools or teachers. I feel as if someone siding with a lovely teacher is likely a lovely teacher themselves.

I can't tell if you're a troll, or just very dumb, or both.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

How did not one, but two, adults not see that the sink was on for hours? And how did they do it once, then four more loving times? Is the wife just never there when this is happening?

I hate to blame drugs, because drugs have never done me wrong, but I feel like drugs are definitely involved.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: Also just a forewarning that an I/P discussion is not happening in this thread.

A what discussion? Okay now I'm confused af.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Israel/Palestine

Oooooh okay thanks for the clarification. My brain is just not with it today.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Wait, people aren't allowed to gently caress themselves?

Now someone tells me :colbert:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I think this is an ESH. I don’t really care myself and think it’s a silly tradition. That being said, this is clearly EXTREMELY important to him. He’s being a big baby about her expressing her doubts about it, but she also agreed to it and probably should just stick with it.

E: actually I thought about it and I’m changing my answer to YTA. She sucked the fun out of this for him after agreeing to something for a long rear end time for no reason.

Also going with YTA. It's not like he's trying to give the kid a stupid name. She also got to pick both girls' names. She needs to figure her poo poo out.

E wait do yall not shower with your spouses? That's what having two shower heads is for, spraying your spouse in the face.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 15, 2024

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I'm over a full foot taller than my partner which makes even 2 shower heads inconvenient, so we just don't.

Hmm I hadn't considered that. That sucks. I got a spouse of the same height which is just plain lucky.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Okay the people feeding each other are totally exhibitionists with a kink, right?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Holy gently caress that's a lot of words for being upset over a show. drat lady just watch it the next night with him.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

A bit back, but poor massage lady was likely sexually assaulted. Her husband is a jackass that should be strung up by his toes for not being sympathetic. Stupid manbaby.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Honestly these stories helped me see how hosed-up my first marriage was, and encouraged me to grow a spine and divorce the screaming man-baby-goon I had been married to. Also helped me realize how absolutely lovely and neglectful my mom was. Now I have healthy boundaries and healthy relationships.

So with that in mind, I'm not gonna say that reading others' misfortunes is without merit.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

I have literal murderers, arsonists, and worse in my family (which I haven't spoken to since I was a kid) so the true crime stuff is an assurance that it isn't just my family that's full of monsters. Humans have always been fascinated with death and malfunction. Like someone else pointed out, at the core we're still just apes.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Captain Fargle posted:

There was the mashed potatoes with crisps and raisins in it one. That was a hell of a thing. Or the white lady that completely turbofucked her entire catering career by being hella racist about the cook for a big Chinese restaurant in NY.

I totally missed the racist one. Wtf.

And the noisy maturbation, was that ever clarified? I'm so confused about that one.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

That dad needs to do all the cool stuff with her, because her mom sucks. The kids are far enough apart that it's not going to be an issue. Not his kid, not his problem anyway. Could stayed with your husband and daughter and had a great life. In short, the mom is jealous and that has nothing to do with the daughter.

E I too, am laughing at the idiot that thought twins take longer to come out. That's like a basic first-grade education that's been lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Okay but if a cruise comes with crab legs, you bet I'm eating my weight in crabmeat. And who tf actually goes on a cruise then is all "Imma go spend this week in the gym" instead of using that time for hedonism as the gods intended?

gently caress, sign me uo for crab farts 🦀