Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
i love having beef with a baby and revving my cool motorcycle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
can you take a baby on a motorcycle

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for accidentally doing my friend’s roommate’s laundry?

[Jeff Foxworthy voice] If you steal multiple peoples' clothes for the weekend rather than spend half a second clarifying the situation....you might be a redditor

why wouldn't you just ask and no anxiety isn't a good answer

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

FMguru posted:

How do I 24M get my former best friend 25M to stop telling people I slept with his fiancé 25F?

this dude's dedication to hating the troops is next level, i support it. if we want to help him, i think the first step would be to stop sleeping with his ex fiancé, but she is a baddie and that makes it difficult.

small ghost posted:

This is such an obvious self own, like if they just took on some of the kids that lived in their building they'd immediately have pro-daycare allies among the neighbours. People's commitment to pettiness at their own expense always amazes me.

it's incredibly self defeating. it wins you nothing, makes the situation worse for everyone, and literally costs you money.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Hughlander posted:

AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking if I had a crush?

12 hours later...
Update: AITAH for the way I responded to my daughter asking me if I had a crush?

:3: it's always good to get one with a heartwarming ending

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
Jez is a good nickname though
Belle works too!! i don't see the problem. maybe i'm biased because there's a batman villain named jezebel jet

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Give them the win, help make a memory they will cherish.

that's why cats (including lions) will let kittens win in play fights. it builds confidence and enjoyment in a hobby (like video games and chasing gazelle)

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Quackles posted:

Dredging up a classic:

AITA for not getting a tattoo with my sisters and inheriting our grandma's money?

split the inheritance evenly, get the tattoo after the fact, be a hero and outsmart the dead woman. anything less makes you the worst sister and is grounds for immediate unsistering.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Larry Cum Free posted:

They're at an extreme end of the body so maybe that's part of it

My (F35) husband (M38) is in the bathroom all the time and it’s affecting our relationship

Hiiiiighway to the poopin' zone

from the comments:

You've gotta admire his dedication

school kid logic of hiding in th ebathroom so teacher can't call on you

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Hughlander posted:

My roommate ate my beans so I went to his Baldur Gate Three game and threw every item of his inventory down a cliff, and saved over his prior saves?

Didn’t we learn during the pandemic you should never jeopardize the beans?

did he ask for the dude to go and buy a new bag of the special beans?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Enfys posted:

Depending on the bean, it might not be available.

The Bean Club is sold out and has a massive waitlist, and some of the more prized beans available for sale to non-members can sell out pretty quickly when they become available.

I thought you were joking, that's wild. i didn't think beans got that serious. did op say if they got some of the chili?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If you were so sure she was already cheating with her boss, you could have just found evidence of that instead of committing perjury.

yeah but that takes effort and it's easier to lie

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i think it's the insane rereg guy

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Mx. posted:

Just get better at sex

genuinely just talk to your almost wife if you share a bed you can share a conversation

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
you can say it and you must

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

mllaneza posted:

There's a 2026 eclipse if you can get to Iceland or Spain.

and you can take you beautiful baby to it and have the sun empower them

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

His feelings are valid mind you, but he’s still an rear end and divorce is the kindest thing he can do.

I agree with you but there's some irony in calling the big sad booby enjoyed valid.

Edit: I think he should be forced to shave his head and be exiled from his state

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Pantaloon Pontiff posted:

It's his responsibility because he got her over there in the first place with a promise that he'd pay for the return trip. If he just said 'take it or leave it' on the original ticket then I'd have no problem, but what he wrote implies to me that he said 'oh, you thought of a different plan? fine I'm canceling your way home entirely' which is him backing out of a promise.

It's more like if I go on a business trip where they'll pay for me to fly and stay out somewhere Monday-Friday, and I decide to move the plane flight back to Sunday to stay longer, or a week to use up some of my vacation. I'd be paying for wherever I stay and whatever I do, but they'll still pay for the ticket as long as I don't make it cost more or pay whatever extra cost there is in moving the ticket later.

yeah i get that. it'd be hard to do n the last day, but it wouldn't be unreasonable to do. the relationship is COOKED though that's done forever.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
let's all chip in and buy her a ticket so she can hook up with all the italian men she wants

edit:

Baronjutter posted:

You offered to take me on a date, but I'd actually like to go on a date with someone else. Can you simply move the dinner reservation to another date, still pay, and of course not show up? It's just moving the date so it won't cost you any more than you already planned to spend, stop being so controlling.

you're really stretching the metaphor here and being dumb

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Sex Farm posted:

The dude comes off as a dick but he shouldn't be shamed for not being aroused by someone anymore?

i think, given the breadth of what we know about him from his posting, that not only should we shame him but that there should exist a government institution that can shame him more effectively into being a better person

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
idk i've never had a trouble rescheduling a flight but at a certain point i don't think we're having the same discussion

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i've been told the thing i do with the people i date where I get something and we trade halves of our food is off putting.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Fil5000 posted:

I find this conceptually off putting because as a general rule if I go somewhere where you order single plates then I want the thing I order, not half of it and half of something someone else wanted. What you're doing is tapas only worse.

but then you can have two things

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i probably should have figured out i was bisexual earlier

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
and i will and you'll watch and support me

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
post cooler things idk,

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

FMguru posted:

AITA for telling my son/DIL that it’s not my fault their wedding was upstaged by my 50th birthday party.

We scheduled an event at around the same time as another, pre-scheduled event, and people kept comparing them!

it sounds like one was a rager and the other was a classy affair so there shouldn't be a comparison.

edit: i have relatives that get called "the big five" because things get very out of hand when these tannies and ooms show up

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

The Alchemist posted:

Girls who grew up in the south and arent ready for the Big City Life apparently(by the way, is it mentioned which city this took place in?)
A man is not a man unless he is covered in pig poo poo and only wears old broken jeans and a wife beater with cum stains in the front. These are the type of girls who would break up if you DO wash your rear end

after the worst date of my life, with a girl who was talking about sandy hook being a false flag less than three weeks after it happened, she reached out to the friend and told her that I was too sensitive and the shirt I was wearing was "too loud". It was a regular button up and this has stuck with me ever since.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i was born in august :(

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
yeah that's a major theme of the reconstruction era is how instead of any consequences or reparations uhh nothing happened
they should be burned to the ground and the owners shouldn't be compensated

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

trickybiscuits posted:

Ask A Manager once shared an amazing story about a holiday party featuring magic (I don't know why men think magic is impressive to a date, I know the thing I look for on dates is to be an appreciative audience for someone's hijinks)

i love this story. everybody but the magician wins.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
both my parents were charles manson (long story)

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

StrangersInTheNight posted:

yeah tbh making a whole society that requires people to be drivers but providing no means for the public to practice or develop the skill, or safe & reasonable alternatives, means we got ourselves into this

first of all, his name is Robert Moses and I'm gonna be like the doomguy when I go to Hell trying to track down that rotten motherfucker

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Mordiceius posted:

I've definitely worked with companies where the policy was "You get <x> amount of petty cash per diem per day - spend it how you wish." and I would know some people that would starve themselves or just eat ramen in their hotel rooms so they could pocket and extra $20 a day.

a company i worked for let us pocket the hotel per diem difference and that lead to some dudes sleeping in their cars until gm caught one of the dudes and freaked out on the managers

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
if you're that worried about it shower with your wife or i'll do it for you

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
If my friend had an experience like that at the club and was crashing at my place because of it. The first people to find out would be everybody I know who goes clubbing, including my gf!

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Admiral Joeslop posted:

No one is interested in your whining.

AITAH for being upset over my bf's dad making a joke?

anybody who describes themselves as a "straight shooter" isn't, and anyone who says they "speak their mind" unfortunately isn't and typically what's on their mind is racism. we just talked about projection and here's this guy saying that she's gonna drive a wedge between him and his son like his actions aren't the problem.
anyways, we should bring back struggle sessions

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
text them

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
it's a sixer that's a stern "take a nap and come back" who cares
this thread does get worse when we're trying to one up each other with sad pet stories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
i had chili with elbow noodles for the first time last night and it was better than i expected