Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Where exactly is she finding plastic duct tape on such extreme short notice

Probably from this mouth of hell:

https://zurutoys.com/brands/mini-brands/mini-brands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

oh jay posted:

What the gently caress. This can't possibly be a thing.

Tell me you've never been stranded in an airport by flight cancellations before deregulation without telling me etc.

Also used by aircrew and by people who feel lucky when booking through priceline.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It is weird to have five foots, or seven.

No, but it is odd.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Runcible Cat posted:

A third world country where most of the inhabitants still seem to think they rule an empire.

What does Texas have to do with this discussion?

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

FMguru posted:

A company fucks itself, and then decides to follow that up by loving itself even harder. From r/AskHR:

[NC] Mid-Senior Level Employee Building Professional Appearance Outside of Work - Does Not Want Company Branding

Employee literally has a sheet of paper from the company saying she was forbidden from representing and promoting the company because she wasn't a C-level, and now they're lining up to fire her for...not promoting and representing the company. I think I just heard the sound of every labor lawyer in North Carolina suddenly salivating as their heart rate doubled.

And if this employee is as much of a rock star as it seems, she'll have a new job with a competitor before the severance payment hits her checking account.

Once, there was a well-read PhD candidate who was working at a company.
One morning, she was invited onto a podcast and asked if she should mention anything about the company.
"No!" said the leadership team.
"No!" said the senior management
"No!" said the executives. "We are the only people who should be publically associated with the company!"

so the well-read candidate went on the podcast, and she networked, and ...

.... "I will!" said the VP of Marketing!
"Oh no you won't. I'll reap it myself!" said the PhD candidate.

thepopmonster fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 18, 2024