Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Mx. posted:

AITA for giving the footrests for my wife’s wheelchair back to my daughter?

this man's account name is throwradumbdaughter and he is being excoriated in the comments

There's been like 6 or 7 "stealing prosthetic legs/wheelchairs" stories in the past like 3 months. It's a pandemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

Shanghaied posted:

"Coronavirus" is one word. You'd know that if you went to a school for real doctors.

He's a "doctor"

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

quantumwell posted:

What a nice guy. Doesn't give a crap about his affair partner or his child but wants no responsibility, no consequences, and no child support.
I hope the partner blabs and sues for child support.

Also lol he’s asking this after providing irrefutable documentation he is the father

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I feel like I remember a story from a while back where someone pulled a second surprise ceremony at someone else's wedding, sneaking in the officiant somehow

Man this one is hard to find nowadays. The only thing I remember from it was “let’s get this double wedding back to partying”

https://x.com/musktilldawn/status/1406263402364821509?s=46

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Molybdenum posted:

There's a YouTube video that explains the humor of that set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_W3w_E7K4U

The YouTube video that had to explain the humor is exponentially worse than just admitting you don’t get the humor

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The life of a Gourmand is indeed fraught

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Invisible Clergy posted:

The ones that haven't already been reposted

Party sub:

AITA because I ate more than "my share" of a 6 foot party sub last night?

The themes present in the sandwich:

AITA for trying to sell my sandwich recipe to various deli's in my town?

part 2

The scale of the sub always catches me lol. Like I’m thinking oh three pieces of one of those party subs I mean ye that’s filling but maybe like as much as a normal sub and then I re realize it’s three feet

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Another all timer I was reminded of from the Don Draper and 5 Tequila shot one is the "unmanagement" one with the dude who turned his department into a social club and he got a new employee who was actually competent and just wanted to do good work. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

After rereading the email correspondence it appears like this was actually a lady? I had always pictured a guy too.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Shanghaied posted:

Okay this has to be a joke:

WIBTAH For Throwing out my Boyfriend’s “Poop Spear''?

Getting tired of these reboots of treasured classics.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

coronatae posted:

I am allowed to eat in bed provided I don't spill anything on the sheets. I am not allowed to eat graham crackers in bed (crumbs) but I'm also not allowed to eat graham crackers in general since I once bit my own finger while eating one (I really really like graham crackers)

Are you a parakeet?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

mystes posted:

NTA for not being happy with a relationship without sex if OP wants a relationship with sex but YTA for having an affair. Do couples therapy or sex therapy or just divorce but don't stay in the relationship and have an affair and rub it in your wife's face.

I mean I personally can’t imagine cheating but she literally told him to in this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

mystes posted:

The probability distribution of a murder suicide occurring in a specific places makes no difference in terms of the expected probability of one occurring a second time given that one occurred to a first time compared to one occurring for the first time if two events of murder suicide are uncorrelated, and based on the central limit you can still get a normal distribution of the frequencies in that case, which is what I assume you actually mean by murder suicides being normally distributed.

On the other hand, if you assume that probabilities of murder suicides in areas follow a normal distribution or something in a bayesian way, I think a past murder suicide suicide would be positively correlated with future murder suicide.

It’s only takes 30 houses in the same room for the likelihood that two of them share a murder-suicide day to be over 50%