Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Sex Farm posted:

Read the post, it specifically describes the husband as fit

Read the post! Read the post!

He's definitely into fitness.

Fitness stack of crab legs into his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

mystes posted:

Driving sucks so I can imagine how you might think that Americans' willingness to drive insane distances must be due to driving in the US somehow being less unpleasant than driving in the UK, but I think you're underestimating how much americans are simply used to spending absurd amounts of time driving.

Like, people will drive ~20 hours / ~1,300 miles from Massachusetts to Florida for vacations.

I just drove to the middle of Texas from Northern California a few weeks ago for the eclipse, and back a week later. Roughly 1700 miles one way, or 2740 km in furriner speak. I mean I spread it out over three days, but it was still a bunch of driving.

Point is, I found it to be out of the ordinary, but not ridiculous, and I don't understand why Europeans are so bothered with driving long distances. And yeah the UK is one thing, but France and Spain (and OBVIOUSLY Germany) have real nice highways, basically empty because people can't afford the gasoline, and it's just about the same experience as driving US interstates.

edit: for comparison, that one-way distance is about 70 miles less than Paris to Moscow.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Germany does in fact not have nice highways.

We have construction every few KM, potholes and decaying infrastructure.

This is not true because I have been informed Germany at some point in the past when NOTHING ELSE WAS GOING ON DO NOT ASK WHY OR WHO WAS IN CHARGE built the best highways and now you can go 300 mph on them and the point is don't loving ruin this for me I have to believe that there's something better in this world than our shittastic crumbling interstates, that there is a shining golden driving nirvana where I can see the needle on the speedometer actually go past half.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I’d imagine they’re bothered by driving long distances because trips of that length are generally done by train there, the far superior method of regional travel

You'll get absolutely no argument from me but America's too stupid to spend the money on high speed rail and so unless you want the trip to BE the vacation (which is valid, I do intend to take the Pacific coast train at some point), you're stuck with driving here.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

For about 30 seconds until you hit the next Construction or Radar Trap or shake your car apart.

My dream is ruined.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

DemoneeHo posted:

I read that as coating the needle in cyanide and pesto

Give them a delicious death

DemoneeHo posted:

a delicious death

Where....exactly do you think taste buds are located :raise: ?

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

ApplesandOranges posted:

“Paragraph break” to the tune of “Take a break” from Hamilton.

<TMNTjpg>goons are really bad at scansion</TMNTjpg>

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Call Your Grandma posted:

imagine the life he could have been living if he invested in a money farm instead

wait just a dang horsefuckin cottonpluckin minute* - I've been told my entire life, most emphatically, that money does not grow on trees. Are you telling me I've been LIED to?

*edit: in case it comes up I heard this expression from Mike Pence

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

I had been intending to rewatch How I Met Your Mother because I trailed off after season 3 or 4 or something, so initially I was pretty annoyed that it just got spoiled in this thread, but then reading through the posts I think they were actually a public service alerting me to not waste my time rewatching out of some sense of needing to complete the series.

Also who the gently caress hasn't watched Ban(ne)d of Brothers, your probes are more than deserved.

gently caress it's been maybe a decade, I should watch it again.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I never thought I’d have to worry about spoilers for a show that ended ten years ago in this thread but I guess use the black bars?

Uh buddy, they stopped segregating bars like 60 years ago...

VVVV you SON of a BITCH, I still had an episode to watch! :mad:

SyNack Sassimov fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, and this same exact argument happens every time a dry wedding is mentioned.

Right but THIS time everyone who's on the wrong side will be convinced and we'll have settled the argument.