Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

It popped up on Tubi like Nosferatu did and despite the smooth jazz soundtrack I am riveted. I'm 30 minutes in and my eyes are glued to the screen.
No words spoken and you can tell who all the players are, it's like a Roger Corman movie, except instead of pocketing the budget you don't burn, you just put it all on screen.
The sets alone are insane! The models! The matte paintings!
At the time it was the most expensive movie ever made (I've heard) and it really shows.
Well, I was thinking of posting this in GBS but I actually want to talk about it.

Josaphat has a rough life.

These Tubi fellows actually tried to place ads in the natural places, they had to watch the movie to do that.

2000 YEAR OLD CATACOMBS!?

LookieLoo fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I, Christopher Lambert, personally thank you for posting

MuddyFunster
Jan 31, 2020

FUN you, EARHOLE
Yeah, I love it, though it's worth finding the restoration blu-ray with the original score. That said, I've seen it with many different scores. There was a nice one on Youtube years ago that had a strange, wailing, artsy vibe that sticks in the memory. And of course, the first time I ever saw it was Moroder's version which is EIGHTIES AS gently caress and has some great cheesy songs and synth tracks. Freddie Mercury singing Love Kills is a highlight.

Whatever version, I adore the vibe of it, the super duper retro futuristic sci-fi setting clashing with the strange fairytale moments and biblical sequences.