Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Earth is angry, soon the plague of humanity will be cleansed from its surface…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why can't something actually bad happen to the east coast? There's going to be 50000 news articles about loving nothing anyway, I wish some of you smug fucks would at least die

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Earth is angry, soon the plague of humanity will be cleansed from its surface…

Finally

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
girthquake

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kntfkr posted:

girthquake

Good YouTuber I enjoy his content

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
What next? The sun going out?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Konar posted:

Why can't something actually bad happen to the east coast? There's going to be 50000 news articles about loving nothing anyway, I wish some of you smug fucks would at least die

You wrote that out and decided it's something you'd like to publicly share, huh? You seem great.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Time_pants posted:

You wrote that out and decided it's something you'd like to publicly share, huh? You seem great.

konars heart is filled with hate

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
page 2 and no Chris Christie jokes?

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Time_pants posted:

This style of critical scolding is what would really be nicely tamped down if a few key east cities and surrounding areas were wiped off the map

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Konar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7OadU8641M

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
some planes flew into a couple of buildings in new york a while back and it was used as an excuse to start a war that killed a bunch of people, idk if that really counts though

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

konars heart is filled with hate

I hope bad things happen in the geographical location konars lives

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the east coast, famous for its lack of disasters AND Meryl Streep

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Saalkin posted:

I hope bad things happen in the geographical location konars lives

ur moms house? lol!!

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Yeah, it was Ginny Sack getting out of bed. Hey, T, did you hear what I said? I said: "It was Ginny Sack getting outta bed."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

just realizing konar is the guy who autobanned telling us all to kys and then silently reregged like a week later lmfao.

i hope you find peace konar. i will be praying for you

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Every time I'm in an earthquake I think it's something else happening.

2019 Ridgecrest quakes I was at a concert for the big one, thought I was dizzy from not eating.
Last year in Japan a small one happened while I was at dinner, thought it was a train going by underneath.

This one, went from "it's a truck" to "it's a big wind" to "huh is the washing machine unbalanced?" before seeing the news.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

just realizing konar is the guy who autobanned telling us all to kys and then silently reregged like a week later lmfao.

i hope you find peace konar. i will be praying for you

Bless you cocoa

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i was on a train in akita for the big tohoku one in 2011 and then we kept getting aftershocks weeks and weeks after. never got used to it.

still now, earlier, my brain's first thought was "garbage truck/construction vehicle" - then it sustains and i'm like "oh yeah, earthquakes.

makes you feel small!

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

kntfkr posted:

i was on a train in akita for the big tohoku one in 2011 and then we kept getting aftershocks weeks and weeks after. never got used to it.

still now, earlier, my brain's first thought was "garbage truck/construction vehicle" - then it sustains and i'm like "oh yeah, earthquakes.

makes you feel small!

Jeeeeeesus. I had just moved back to the US to go to grad school like 8 months before this happened, and I lived in Osaka prior to that, as did most of my friends. I had no idea that the aftershocks lasted that long or were that noticable.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I feel kind of dumb bc I'm right outside NYC on the jersey side and I didn't feel poo poo

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Konar posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

if it's any consolation the earthquake got your account

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I feel kind of dumb bc I'm right outside NYC on the jersey side and I didn't feel poo poo

You were probably vibrating at the exact same frequency as the quake. It happens from time to time.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Disco Pope posted:

Yeah, it was Ginny Sack getting out of bed. Hey, T, did you hear what I said? I said: "It was Ginny Sack getting outta bed."

heh heh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Hot coco on the clout deep into the lore today

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Isn't 4.8 a pretty small quake

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

R.L. Stine posted:

some planes flew into a couple of buildings in new york a while back and it was used as an excuse to start a war that killed a bunch of people, idk if that really counts though

Watch Biden start a war on the Mole People

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

It's high time we took the fight to the Mole People.

For years and years they attack, and we do nothing.

I say, ENOUGH!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

its time to glass the diggers

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

bradzilla posted:

For the West Coast that's prepared for it yes

For the east coast that's not absolutely not

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bradzilla posted:

4.8 is perfectly average

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

4.8 is perfectly average

Gets the job done.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

all the girls i talk to don't even really like big quakes.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

We had a 4.8 in Northern California yesterday but you don't see me making threads about it.

Edit: Apparently ours was downgraded to a 4.4. How embarrassing.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Did not feel the earthquake here. “Here” being England. Please send thoughts and prayers.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Konar posted:

This style of critical scolding is what would really be nicely tamped down if a few key east cities and surrounding areas were wiped off the map

Dude you can just say Connecticut. It's not a slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

4.8 is perfectly average

It's not the size of the quake, it's the motion of the ocean.