Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

how did this guy go #2 in the draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fart simpson posted:

when the prevailing model in the nba is to take extremely raw 19 year olds who have the tools but don't yet know how to play basketball, some of them don't ever figure out how to play basketball.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Never made it as a wise man
He couldn't cut it as a board man stealing

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

fart simpson posted:

very carefully

#2 is a just a cursed spot to pick though, just look at Darko Milicic.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

good idea, lets all look at darko milicic

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fun fact: the boston celtics have never had the #2 pick in the draft

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

BWV posted:

Never made it as a wise man
He couldn't cut it as a board man stealing

lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Don't draft players with the same name as Sailor Moon villains, kids.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

R.D. Mangles posted:

when the prevailing model in the nba is to take extremely raw 19 year olds who have the tools but don't yet know how to play basketball, some of them don't ever figure out how to play basketball.

Wiseman still has talent but like, he has absolutely no brain for basketball things- making contact with screens is difficult for him, he doesn't really have anything other than slashing and isn't very good at picking his moments for it. I think a lot of people hoped his 3 pointer would work but i get the sense he doesn't have the work ethic for that to be a consistent thing for him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can argue he didn't have the tools (only straight-line speed, no wiggle, can't turn his hips, mediocre-to-average hands, didn't dominate his competition; all of this was said leading up to his draft day)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
ironic a man named wiseman has no brain for ball

mods change his name to james dumbass

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

He only played three games in his one season of college and then missed the whole NBA season as a 20-year-old due to a knee injury, which had to be crippling. Not many can come back from missing that much important development time as if nothing happened like Joel Embiid.

It's like Jeremy Tyler, the 5-star high school prospect who decided to skip his senior year of high school to go play in Europe. He signed with a team in Israel, basically never played, hated it, came back after one year, couldn't play college ball because he was a pro, and he was seemingly picked in the second round of the draft out of pity before crashing out of the NBA after a few years.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
James "Paul" Wiseman "Heyman"