Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
https://i.imgur.com/VSMUryG.mp4

I'm losing my goddamn mind here

not sure why the audio is so low sorry

credburn fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

the answer is "season 2 of the wire" op

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The black guy is signalling to the white guys that he is DTF.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it's called a "jukebox", it's like an itunes machine

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Season 2 was probably the worst season of The Wire but overall it wasn't all that bad. It certainly doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

I did hate the intro song that season, though.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The detectives know the dock workers know something about the smuggling so they’re making it clear that they’re not going to give up and go away until somebody talks. Thus showing up at the dockworkers’ bar and being annoying. I think this is also the episode where they start actually enforcing DUI laws at the docks as punishment lol

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

The detectives know the dock workers know something about the smuggling so they’re making it clear that they’re not going to give up and go away until somebody talks. Thus showing up at the dockworkers’ bar and being annoying. I think this is also the episode where they start actually enforcing DUI laws at the docks as punishment lol

cops rule

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Hamsterdam

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
He hates that country poo poo, OP

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

It’s literally like “but how am I supposed to get home if I can’t drink and drive?”

In The Wire they obviously show cops drinking and driving too but the more recent We Own This City goes even further and shows officers in uniform openly drinking behind the wheel of their patrol cars because gently caress it, who’s going to stop them?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...the dockworkers?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Milo and POTUS posted:

...the dockworkers?

In We Own This City (which is based on real events) John Bernthal goes to a strip club to get a private dance from a little person dancer but robs her instead, and drives off with the money while drinking Mike’s Hard. The next day he’s back to work as a detective

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

...the dockworkers?

No, the police are heroes even if they do all the same things the bad guys do, they have to do it because crime doesn't play by THE RULES so they can't either

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pirate Radar posted:

Doesn't that come a lot sooner? It's a direct response to the church window by Valchek. Or maybe it was the parking tickets?

Valchek in a great name for a fantasy character btw.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The Bible posted:

Season 2 was probably the worst season of The Wire but overall it wasn't all that bad. It certainly doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

Love the ending montage song that season.

And I'll bring you precious contraband
And ancient tales from distant lands
Of conquerors and concubines
And conjurers from darker times
Betrayal and conspiracy, sacrilege and heresy

I wish they'd ended Game of Thrones that way

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pirate Radar posted:

In We Own This City (which is based on real events) John Bernthal goes to a strip club to get a private dance from a little person dancer but robs her instead, and drives off with the money while drinking Mike’s Hard. The next day he’s back to work as a detective

I need to get around to watching this

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Bunk is fixating on Horse as an intimidation tactic while Nik Sobotka has a private moment with Johnny 50 lighting up his, Nik's, smoke and probably working out the details of some tonnes of heroin getting through the port securely.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

If that series was fictional everyone would criticize it for being unrealistic.

Baltimore cops were basically a publicly funded mob. Robbing and framing people left and right, not just criminals, but anybody unfortunate enough to cross paths with them.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Doesn't that come a lot sooner? It's a direct response to the church window by Valchek. Or maybe it was the parking tickets?

Valchek in a great name for a fantasy character btw.

Maybe I’m wrong yeah. The tviv thread has great recaps of each episode that we could check

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

The Bible posted:

loving nope. Season 2 is the second best season. It goes 4,2,3,1,5

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Pirate Radar posted:

Maybe I’m wrong yeah. The tviv thread has great recaps of each episode that we could check

I'm not sure. I think my order is backwards. Oh well I guess I'll just have to watch all five seasons of the wire again.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Yates posted:

This is correct, actually.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

credburn posted:

https://i.imgur.com/VSMUryG.mp4

I'm losing my goddamn mind here

not sure why the audio is so low sorry

he's finding the case too hard so he decided to go to the bar

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The Bible posted:

season 5 is the worst sorry

Yates posted:

this

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh I remember this scene now. He's judging their taste in music.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Season 2 was the true detective night country of the wire.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Except it was obviously still way better than night country cuz it wasn't written by a loving chatbot and enjoyed exclusively by IDIOTS!!!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I remember watching True Detective and even in the first season I knew how much up its own rear end it was

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i sthat white guy the devil way down in the hole that the song i salways talking about

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i don't know about that but s3 e5 ends with avon about to get laid for the first time after being in prison

the very next episode s3e6 ends with cutty about to get laid for the first time after being in prison

what the heck is going on with that

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
Wendell Pierce is going to be Perry White (editor in chief of the daily planet) in the new Superman movie

So that's neat

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i went back to check and i was wrong it was cutty first in s3e4, then avon in the next one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Guys who were in prison might want some pussy god drat I cannot figure this one out can anyone help me

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Thorgot posted:

Wendell Pierce is going to be Perry White (editor in chief of the daily planet) in the new Superman movie

So that's neat

Looking forward to Perry trading "Great Caesar's ghost!" For "gently caress."

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guys who were in prison might want some pussy god drat I cannot figure this one out can anyone help me

fade to black, executive producer robert f colesberry

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Season 2 is the best season. But don’t we already have a Baltimore bridge thread???

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Looking forward to Perry trading "Great Caesar's ghost!" For "gently caress."

Perry: "Great Caesars Ghost."

Olson: "Great Caesars Ghost."

"... Caesars Ghost.... Caesars Ghost..."

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pac and Cheese posted:

i don't know about that but s3 e5 ends with avon about to get laid for the first time after being in prison

the very next episode s3e6 ends with cutty about to get laid for the first time after being in prison

what the heck is going on with that

The old dead channel the wire originally aired on wanted to put more tits and sex in all its shows

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Slam Pajamas posted:

"... Caesars Ghost.... Caesars Ghost..."

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010