Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

I don’t get the point of moving the cup final earlier — who’s advocating for that?

my pure speculative guess would be that the Premier League wants the final league matchday to be the big season finale, but I haven't seen any article actually say what justification they're using to try and sell the change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Don’t think too hard, the answer is always rich dudes getting richer

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

vyelkin posted:

my pure speculative guess would be that the Premier League wants the final league matchday to be the big season finale, but I haven't seen any article actually say what justification they're using to try and sell the change

It's them loving over the FA and hogging the last weekend for the *~*~PREMIER LEAGUE~*~*

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Getting rid of replays sucks so much for the lower league sides. gently caress the PL and the FA.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

FA cup not being the last game of the season is a loving disgrace, games gone

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

Getting rid of replays sucks so much for the lower league sides. gently caress the PL and the FA.
Replays are real bad considering how many games teams already play

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

FA cup not being the last game of the season is a loving disgrace, games gone

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
fa cup final on a sweltering thursday night in beijing

make the dream a reality

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I'm sure we have someone as corrupt as La Liga can manage

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Eau de MacGowan posted:

fa cup final on a sweltering thursday night in beijing

make the dream a reality
Beijing’s weather is mild and quite nice in May. Make it happen

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Seems to me they moved the FA cup final so they can claim '3 full weeks proper end of season break for everyone' without an asterisk.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Vegetable posted:

Replays are real bad considering how many games teams already play

For pl sides maybe, but for lower league clubs a replay against big side can literally double or treble their revenue for the year.

And if the PL sides have too many games... a-bloo-bloo, who cares? Buy more players, play fewer friendlies, make sure you win your matches, or hell, throw them if it's really so terrible to spend a spare Tuesday evening travelling to Port Vale.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And if the PL sides have too many games... a-bloo-bloo, who cares? Buy more players, play fewer friendlies, make sure you win your matches, or hell, throw them if it's really so terrible to spend a spare Tuesday evening travelling to Port Vale.

Surely the best way to increase the value of the FA Cup, both financially and competitively, is to give the big clubs the option of loving off.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

For pl sides maybe, but for lower league clubs a replay against big side can literally double or treble their revenue for the year.

also, if you're a PL club and you don't want to play a replay, then... win the game the first time around???

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the FA: we understand you're upset, however we followed all the proper procedures to approve this thing you hate, so kindly gently caress off

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1781263421012316221

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

We're going to give Kidderminster Harriers an extra £5k in TV money to ensure they don't get an unlikely replay and make an extra £250k

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Me stakeholders exclusive broadcast slots!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

the FA: we understand you're upset, however we followed all the proper procedures to approve this thing you hate, so kindly gently caress off

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1781263421012316221
Center-aligned all-caps white-on-red. This is the most typographically hosed thing I’ve seen in a while

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

What about Qat____ar

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Vegetable posted:

Center-aligned all-caps white-on-red. This is the most typographically hosed thing I’ve seen in a while

you have to centre your text on twitter because of twitter's hosed up cropping seems random and not at all sensical

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Vegetable posted:

In the middle ages you could get locked up for even suggesting such a thing.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this isn't new, but "hurr durr play less friendlies" is dumb as long as it's not a beer league and players aren't going to show up for matchweek one having not run or eaten green things for three months. Players are not being run into the ground by jogging around for 45 minutes in Cincinatti (because people there are dumb enough to pay $250 to watch a warm-up game) in order to get them ready for competitive games during the season.

the actual real problem here is the Champions League is now bigger and stupider than ever, plus there's a month-long tournament now every June for the rest of time, so there literally aren't enough feasible dates to run two cup competitions and have the possibility of games needing to be replayed later, so something has to give

this is of course all fine because Barry will write in to say how he drives a truck for 14-hours a day and his wife still left him, so there's no reason why a millionaire athlete can't just perform at 100% year-round until their ACL implodes

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

WSC Magazine have at least pointed out that the weekend is now defined as Friday to Wednesday:

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Vegetable posted:

its so they can match the emirates branding lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Worried about Chelsea breaking financial rules? Well fear not, it turns out they just barely squeaked under the limit for losses last year, thanks to a sudden windfall of £76.5m by selling two hotels from Chelsea FC Holdings Ltd to Blueco 22 Properties Ltd. I assure you, it's just a coincidence that Chelsea FC Holdings Ltd and Blueco 22 Properties Ltd are both subsidiaries of Chelsea’s holding company, Blueco 22 Ltd. This is all fair and above board and definitely the sort of financial dealings that all clubs have access to no matter how rich their owners are.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Ah the classic City model. Clever.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wow would you look at that, Blueco 22 wanted to hire a venue for a week long conference and it turns out they paid £15,000 for each burger served up to each of the 500 attending delegates.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
TBF the prem league had the option to close this exact loophole a couple years ago and declined, I imagine they will have to implement a new rule to exempt real estate from ffp calculations in the future but for now it is completely within the rules.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jason Wilcox from Southampton to Manchester United as technical director is a done deal

Looking forward to him technically directing things I guess

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dravs posted:

TBF the prem league had the option to close this exact loophole a couple years ago and declined, I imagine they will have to implement a new rule to exempt real estate from ffp calculations in the future but for now it is completely within the rules.

it's not about selling real estate, it's about transferring assets from one part of your company to another counting as income for the football club

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
udogie out for the season and more sadly for him also the euros.

didn't want champions league anyway

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Sheffield United are now just 1 goal away from the 38-game record for goals conceded and 12 away from the 42-game record. They're also still in with a shot at the worst ever goal difference (-69) (nice)

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
having a great time listening to a lad on the scaffolding outside singing "west ham get battered everywhere they go"

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Worried about Chelsea breaking financial rules? Well fear not, it turns out they just barely squeaked under the limit for losses last year, thanks to a sudden windfall of £76.5m by selling two hotels from Chelsea FC Holdings Ltd to Blueco 22 Properties Ltd. I assure you, it's just a coincidence that Chelsea FC Holdings Ltd and Blueco 22 Properties Ltd are both subsidiaries of Chelsea’s holding company, Blueco 22 Ltd. This is all fair and above board and definitely the sort of financial dealings that all clubs have access to no matter how rich their owners are.

If you can't beat them, continue not to beat them but also commit borderline fraud.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I don't know I feel like the fa should do something about maybe deduct points from Everton again.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
apparently pooshited have started talking to tuchel, and with all my heart and soul i want that to happen lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1782728749772939311?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Many ebenings to look forward to in the future. Alternatively Liverpool/Bayern/Pooshited are going to need an even bigger dump truck full of money

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1782784470627586512

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Bald eredivisie guys are the must-have accessory for next season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They limited themselves to candidates with names that can rhyme with Klopp so it's easy to change the songs