Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

Ward Prowse has only been excellent if you look at his assist stats, but we were scoring more from corners and free kicks without him. He's fine but not excellent, Kudus, Paqueta and Alvarez have been our best signings under Moyes.

ah well fair enough, he seemed to stand out whenever I watched West Ham play but you would know better than me how it compares to before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Moyes out" people need to be asked where they think West Ham should be

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

vyelkin posted:

ah well fair enough, he seemed to stand out whenever I watched West Ham play but you would know better than me how it compares to before

he's had a couple of genuinely excellent games tbf, and he steps up in big games pretty regularly, but stats wise he's mostly gotten the same assists that bowen or fornals would have gotten from corners. and he's still just one free kick short of david beckham's premier league record, which will be mentioned in commentary of every game in perpetuity cos i'm not even sure he's gotten a free kick on target for us yet

Thanks Ants posted:

"Moyes out" people need to be asked where they think West Ham should be

agreed, he's one of the most successful managers in our history and should only be replaced by someone significantly better, ie not Lopetegui

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jesse Marsch is looming over the prem

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's time for Scott Parker

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Jesse Marsch is looming over the prem

Just waiting for you lot to go back up and sack your manager in November.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Thanks Ants posted:

It's time for Scott Parker

He's in Africa trying to regain superiority over Tobruk

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shrapnig posted:

They're going to bring Marsch back and that MLS-tier club badge with the fist on it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Suddenly finishing 3rd and bottling the playoffs doesn't seem such a bad outcome

Wonder if Gareth will make himself available after the euros. Philips and Henderson are the new Corluka/Kranjcar following him wherever he goes

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bogan Krkic posted:

he's had a couple of genuinely excellent games tbf, and he steps up in big games pretty regularly, but stats wise he's mostly gotten the same assists that bowen or fornals would have gotten from corners. and he's still just one free kick short of david beckham's premier league record, which will be mentioned in commentary of every game in perpetuity cos i'm not even sure he's gotten a free kick on target for us yet

agreed, he's one of the most successful managers in our history and should only be replaced by someone significantly better, ie not Lopetegui

they should count his corner kick goal as a free kick goal lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

moyes has been great for us but the loss at Newcastle is pretty much the exact thing fans don’t want to see their team doing

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Please be kind to the greatest manager my club has had in my lifetime :(.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Yeah I hope this isn't true. It's ok for some but I don't think a bald manager suits Liverpool.

I've got bad news for you and what procedure klopp had done

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Suddenly finishing 3rd and bottling the playoffs doesn't seem such a bad outcome

Wonder if Gareth will make himself available after the euros. Philips and Henderson are the new Corluka/Kranjcar following him wherever he goes

Why do you think ten hag is still at man united

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

They're loving poo poo

They've sold the defeat to a sister company so it doesn't actually count

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://x.com/theathleticfc/status/1783180293253312708?s=46

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Requires 14 votes to pass so highly unlikely it does

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Jose posted:

I've got bad news for you and what procedure klopp had done

Yeah a procedure that gave him hair :confused:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Klopp’s a hairy non-fraud.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Has anyone said Jürgen Flopp yet?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

*clears throat*

Liverpoo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

harperdc posted:

*clears throat*

Liverpoo

What a meek, shameful performance.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
West Ham should get on board the bald bandwagon and hire Spalletti.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sad for Klopp but angrier we miss out on another league title so closely and on top of that losing to Everton.

Barring a miracle but I feel like we have the toughest schedule from the remaining games so we really needed wins vs United/Palace and Everton to make it work.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
need to hold on to a champions league spot at this rate lmao

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ulio posted:

Sad for Klopp but angrier we miss out on another league title so closely and on top of that losing to Everton.

Barring a miracle but I feel like we have the toughest schedule from the remaining games so we really needed wins vs United/Palace and Everton to make it work.

Remaining fixtures for arsenal are worse, imo

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

kri kri posted:

Remaining fixtures for arsenal are worse, imo

Far worse. We are away at spurs who have had 15 days rest, while we played 4 games since they last played, and away at United, where ETH is going to have the biggest game of his career trying to right the imaginary wrong of a penalty not given at the Emirates, which has haunted his entire season.

The fixtures don't really matter because City won't drop another point. spurs are going to have to give them a guard of honor or watch them win it at their ground. This won't go to the final day of the season.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
gently caress city imo. Miserable, soulless club. Everyone waiting for their impending title with the same grim inevitability that we look forward to the effects of climate change, victims of a culture that no one asked for and is utterly broken. Yes I am melting down.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The Perfect Element posted:

gently caress city imo. Miserable, soulless club. Everyone waiting for their impending title with the same grim inevitability that we look forward to the effects of climate change, victims of a culture that no one asked for and is utterly broken. Yes I am melting down.

I know it sounds like a sore loser from a liverpool fan to say this but my only prayer for man city is the 115 charges gently caress them up.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If Arsenal don't drop any points then it will still come down to the last match day. Man city won't either, so it'd just be a formality.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Ulio posted:

I know it sounds like a sore loser from a liverpool fan to say this but my only prayer for man city is the 115 charges gently caress them up.

lol yeah that’s definitely going to happen

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lol @ this but also agreed

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Spurs will have used their 15 days of rest to forget how to play football imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Delicious

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Thanks Ants posted:

agreed

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

jesus WEP posted:

lol @ this but also agreed

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Thanks Ants posted:

100%

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
the only people who really care about what city do are foreign plastics who have stopped wearing their "fc bayern" shirt to the irish pub for some reason and former chelsea fans. oh what a world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Don't worry, stuff will happen "soon"

https://twitter.com/ben_rumsby/status/1783838754597417416