Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

For me, the worst Moyes thing was the first leg against Leverkusen. It was pretty obvious his plan a, b, and c was settling for a 0-0. Just pure coward poo poo

Considering Ham were were pretty solid in the second leg when they actually tried to play football, getting a more proactive manager is not unreasonable

But Moyes did do a lot of good things as well, so who's to say if he's good or bad or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
He may not be good or bad or anything at all but he is a winner.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Bruno Fernandes looks to be injured now, does United even have a full team tonight.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's been "injured" for about three months. Every week ten Hag says he's injured, every week he plays. Maybe I'll be wrong tonight

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He played last week with a broken hand. I suspect someone in the medical team needs to stop him before he completely ruins himself.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/1787534614912704938

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://x.com/WestHam/status/1787527908967215570

Prove they made the wrong decision with a 2-3 upset at the ethihad moyesy

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Probably for the best for all involved, and good they announced it before season end. Hopefully he gets a decent farewell in his final home match.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
by mutual consent when his contract expires

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

"Don't come back"

"Ok"

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://x.com/WestHam/status/1787527908967215570

Prove they made the wrong decision with a 2-3 upset at the ethihad moyesy

The stars are aligning for a triumphant return to Man Utd

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Funniest option, ETH in for next season or Gareth Southgate being unveiled as new manager on 3rd July (after England get knocked out)? I can't decide.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Funniest option will be him getting the full van Gaal treatment: sacked in the tunnel at Wembley after winning the FA Cup

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dravs posted:

Funniest option, ETH in for next season or Gareth Southgate being unveiled as new manager on 3rd July (after England get knocked out)? I can't decide.

This is violence

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I'm sending this article several times a day to Jimmy Ratcliffe, I think this candidate's got all the qualities he's looking for: Sam Allardyce's passion for sports science, statistics and psychology

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

honestly not sure what a manager is supposed to do when he starts the game with a defence consisting of two right-backs, a centre-mid with no legs, and a 36-year-old free agent signing who got relegated last year and was training with us for fitness

absolute shocked pikachu face that they're getting turned over against a decent attacking team

not even sure Big Sam remembers Chris Samba's number, tbh, otherwise it's as good a plan as any

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Giggsy and Ole IMHO.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

honestly not sure what a manager is supposed to do when he starts the game with a defence consisting of two right-backs, a centre-mid with no legs, and a 36-year-old free agent signing who got relegated last year and was training with us for fitness

absolute shocked pikachu face that they're getting turned over against a decent attacking team

not even sure Big Sam remembers Chris Samba's number, tbh, otherwise it's as good a plan as any

Protected by a midfield consisting of an admittedly quite good 19 year old playing his 23rd game of senior football, the ghost of Mason Mount, and a man who died of a heart attack three years ago.

Funny, though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Spend less money on a center mid with no legs and a winger that can't pass or score, and spend more money on good players, imo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sourdough posted:

Spend less money on a center mid with no legs and a winger that can't pass or score, and spend more money on good players, imo

no

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Mount might be decent once he's fit for awhile, and has a new coach and teammates

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

sebzilla posted:

Funny, though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

sourdough posted:

Mount might be decent once he's fit for awhile, and has a new coach and teammates

"once" did you mean "in my imagination"

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Decent attacking team…Crystal Palace

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Ungratek posted:

lol

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Ungratek posted:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Palace's new manager does seem to have figured out that it's ok to let your tricky wingers be tricky, and to not play Jordan Ayew.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Sir Jim has banned remote working at Man United because not enough emails were sent on a Friday

quote:

United have had a flexible work-from-home policy since Covid but Ratcliffe signalled an end to this ­during an all-staff meeting held in person and via video call last week as part of his tour of Old Trafford and the Carrington training base.

He informed the club’s ­approximately 1,000 ­employees that email traffic dropped by 20% when one of his companies ­experimented with work-from-home Fridays, which he cited as the reason for his diktat.

Ratcliffe believes having all staff on site will allow greater ­productivity and strengthen unity and ­collaboration. To emphasise his message United’s ­minority owner, who uses these working ­methods at Ineos, told the ­meeting: “If you don’t like it, please seek ­alternative employment.”

The news was met with ­bemusement by some staff who view as shortsighted Ratcliffe’s ­explanation for changing their ­working practices. It has also become a humorous topic because there is not enough space in Manchester and at the club’s London premises to accommodate all staff owing to some being used for hospitality and other activities.

Lmao that jim has revolutionised man united by being every poo poo boss with too much time on his hands that I've ever worked for

Counting down the days until 'mobile phone ban at desks' and mandatory ties for all staff

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ratcliffe seems like a full-on dickhead

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

He probably is, but Jamie Jackson is one of the worst football 'journalists' out there.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

Sir Jim has banned remote working at Man United because not enough emails were sent on a Friday

Lmao that jim has revolutionised man united by being every poo poo boss with too much time on his hands that I've ever worked for

Counting down the days until 'mobile phone ban at desks' and mandatory ties for all staff

lmao I hope he micromanages the football side of things the same way

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

mila kunis posted:

lmao I hope he micromanages the football side of things the same way

Full squad on the pitch for every game!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mickolution posted:

Full squad on the pitch for every game!

That was Monday.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

the sex ghost posted:

That makes no sense. If you're in the office, your co-workers are right there and you don't have to send them emails.
Also lol at thinking "more emails=working harder" while it's literally the opposite 99% of the time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I regret to inform you that MBA Brain is an incurable condition.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm sure running a football club is exactly the same as jim's other businesses

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Sky showing 3pm Saturday Championship games from next season.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/may/08/sky-to-screen-3pm-saturday-kick-offs-among-1000-efl-live-games-in-2024-25

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

lmao at thinking he can MBA his way to success in football. Clean desk, inbox zero, goals scored zero

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

League Six Sigma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Ungratek posted:

don't make me tap the match report

https://www.skysports.com/football/liverpool-vs-crystal-palace/report/482916