Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

So they're definitely expecting to lose right, the only reason to save up a bunch of rule changes to roll them out at the end of the term is because you know congress has one year to overturn them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

If you're here, Carl, eat my farts

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Glenn's right

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

Glenn's right

Simple as

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

Glenn's right

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Phone posted:

https://twitter.com/joementumvt/status/1783918678242664663

the SA to radical centrist pipeline must be stopped

Wait, I'm a bad poster, right now, can this condition be cured before it becomes terminal?

I don't want to tweet about how no one understands Joe Biden's good economy! Is there a DNR order I can put in place?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Phone posted:

https://twitter.com/joementumvt/status/1783918678242664663

the SA to radical centrist pipeline must be stopped
We're definitely not sending our best.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Halloween Jack posted:

We're definitely not sending our best.

there's no best to send

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Do MA's make you a professional academic?
There can be a great degree of snobbery about what kind of degree you have, depending on what field you're in. It's really more about what kind of work you actually do. Like in the medical field, you can be a RN with research publications to your name, and you can also get a MD or PhD in e.g. neuroscience and then use that degree to get some kind of marketing/consulting job where you never practice medicine nor do research.

I think all these advanced degrees in military strategy are bullshit, though. They don't engage much with other disciplines and, like, they don't even have a website listing their personnel, nor could I find a personal website where he lists his credentials and publications, which is standard for any actual academic. Like you said, he's just bumming around Sandhurst.

Halloween Jack has issued a correction as of 22:04 on Apr 26, 2024

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

In school you learn about the good civil rights guy, MLK and the bad civil rights guy, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers.

you learned about the Black Panthers in school?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, biden's interview with stern:

quote:

Biden shared other colorful accounts with Stern, saying that he “never had been to bed with” his first wife, Neilia Hunter, when he told her, “I think I’m gonna marry you.” Biden and Hunter did wed in 1966, only for her to be killed in a 1972 car accident.

The president also mixed up basic facts in the interview, which ran for more than one hour. On two occasions, Biden told Stern he was preparing to address the Gridiron Club’s annual dinner in DC on Saturday night.

In fact, Biden already appeared at the Gridiron dinner last month, but meant to refer to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“I’m going to the Gridiron dinner on Saturday … and the serious thing I’m going to say at the Gridiron dinner … is the free press isn’t speaking up as much as it used to,” Biden told Stern

“I think some of them are worried about attacking [former President Donald Trump].”

Biden claimed at another point he “got arrested standing on the porch with a black family” during civil rights protests — calling it a “true story.”

The president previously has claimed he was involved in the civil rights movement and that he had been arrested — but at other points has admitted he was uninvolved and there’s no evidence he was arrested.

The president also said that as a young lawyer, he had worked on “a couple murder cases” and saved lives “half a dozen times” while a swimming pool lifeguard in Delaware, adding sheepishly, “it’s not like it’s so heroic.”

“What a crazy career you’ve had!” Stern exclaimed, without directly questioning the veracity of any of Biden’s claims.

Biden mixed up President Richard Nixon and Trump at another point in the interview — calling it a “Freudian slip.”

“Trump makes fun of me,” Biden also told Stern, likening him to a neighborhood bully he’d like to get “head to head” with — recalling Biden’s years-old claim that he’d like to take Trump behind a building for a physical fight.

The president then launched into a story about how he had been “smacked” by a bully when he was young, leading his mother to tell him to “go back out there,” bribing him with a quarter to do so.

“You gotta hit him right in the nose, Joey,” his mother allegedly said, so Biden recalled: “I hit him right in his nose and his nose started bleeding and he went, ‘Ohhh!'”

“It’s a very cinematic life you’ve had!” replied Stern, apparently unironically.

Biden also claimed his mother had once gotten aggressive with a Roman Catholic nun who allegedly mocked his childhood stutter.

“You ever speak to my son like that again,” he quoted his mom as saying, “I’ll come back and rip that drat bonnet off your head, you understand me?”

Later, Biden retold one of his lesser-known stories, saying that he briefly considered killing himself after his first wife died.

“You don’t have to be nuts to commit suicide,” Biden said.

“I was going to just drink [scotch] and get drunk,” the lifelong teetotaler continued. “[For] just a brief moment, I thought maybe I’d go to [the] Delaware Memorial Bridge and jump, but I had two kids.”

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

it was discussed in the protest thread

liberals wont to be able to co-opt this movement like others they already shed their skin and simply will not accept anything pro-palestine on top of the freak doing it being a dem

give it a few dead organizers and some kind of anodyne "reconciliation first" bullshit grifters ready to prop up normalizing relations between us client states as a solution for all of them conducting their own local genocides and it'll be fully co-opted

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

you learned about the Black Panthers in school?

I didn't learn about the Black Panthers, but I did learn about the Gray Panthers lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Panthers

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1783922862581072207?t=LthMcHtbYMm8VRO61SQ3ng&s=19

It's definitely all kinds of suss that Stancil won't publicly commit to a position on Palestine (and considering his final posts on the subject were about doubting that Israel blew up Al-Shifa hospital

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

also still loling that discriminating based on age in the workplace is completely legal if you're discriminating because the person is young.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

give it a few dead organizers and some kind of anodyne "reconciliation first" bullshit grifters ready to prop up normalizing relations between us client states as a solution for all of them conducting their own local genocides and it'll be fully co-opted

i guess we will see but im not seeing it yet at least

heres to it not happening

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

VoicesCanBe posted:

Glenn's right

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

I didn't learn about the Black Panthers, but I did learn about the Gray Panthers lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Panthers

quote:

Margaret Eliza "Maggie" Kuhn (August 3, 1905 – April 22, 1995)[1] was an American activist known for founding the Gray Panthers movement, after she was forced to retire from her job at the then-mandatory retirement age of 65. The Gray Panthers became known for advocating nursing home reform and fighting ageism, claiming that "old people and women constitute America's biggest untapped and undervalued human energy source."

please work me to death capital-senpai

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

HallelujahLee posted:

i guess we will see but im not seeing it yet at least

heres to it not happening

it will probably just fizzle out entirely but if it doesn't, it'll first be brutally suppressed with unlimited cop violence and then the grifters will descend to feast on the bones of the movement

it'll take years for them to strip the carcass clean though

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

The Oldest Man posted:

it will probably just fizzle out entirely but if it doesn't, it'll first be brutally suppressed with unlimited cop violence and then the grifters will descend to feast on the bones of the movement

it'll take years for them to strip the carcass clean though

Gotta stay positive for Palestinians

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, biden's interview with stern:

This guy has a lot to answer for...

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trabisnikof posted:

also still loling that discriminating based on age in the workplace is completely legal if you're discriminating because the person is young.

caring increasingly less about this every year ...

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

VoicesCanBe posted:

Glenn's right

As usual.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1783920019619123407

lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the cancer moonshot is toasted :crnasickos:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

another win for equity, most progressive president of all time

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
tremendously embarrassing week for Joe

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

PhilippAchtel posted:

Lmao, they know this poo poo is already over

Imagine being so bad at this poo poo you cant replace the lowest level functionary around you.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
“You don’t have to be nuts to commit suicide,” Biden said.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Remember that incredibly stupid and potentially politically suicidial thing we were going to do? Yeah, we won't do it after all.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

The Onion posted:

WASHINGTON—In a shocking breach of White House security, President Joe Biden was reportedly carried away by ants Friday. According to witnesses, the 81-year-old commander-in-chief remained quite calm during his apparent abduction by the insects, showing no signs of resistance as the swarm of approximately 2,500 black carpenter ants hoisted him over their bodies using their powerful mandibles and began marching slowly but steadily toward the White House Rose Garden. Secret Service officials confirmed that snipers stationed on the roof of the executive mansion fired upon the swarm to no avail, reportedly because the ants’ 6-millimeter-long bodies were simply too small to target. At press time, sources said the FBI was negotiating with the ant colony’s queen for Biden’s release.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i can see why they sold the onion

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

now if they'd only get hopping on banning genocide instead.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/aaronnarraph/status/1783915642292228482?t=Tzc5iiJrWJyh9t0Nuw5bAg&s=19

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Willa Rogers posted:

now if they'd only get hopping on banning genocide instead.

this is trashy conservative white woman erasure

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Remember that incredibly stupid and potentially politically suicidial thing we were going to do? Yeah, we won't do it after all.

they already did tiktok

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Stancil is Raenir Salazar, isn't he?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"Should we give more money to Nazi Israel to commit genocide?"
*AOC Through a stream of tears* "Present."
"What a courageous stance from the left."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

HallelujahLee posted:

they already did tiktok

Libishly: Yeah, but young people don't vote, so who cares what they think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Digging only slightly below the surface to clear the subterranean bar