Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Digging only slightly below the surface to clear the subterranean bar

im pretty sure shes voted for iron dome aid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

guidoanselmi posted:

Stancil is Raenir Salazar, isn't he?

R. Salazar is from the land FF protects

Morbus
May 18, 2004

if i wanted advice about the afghan war i'd ask the taliban, and i'm pretty sure I already know what they will tell me about gaza

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

oh, word?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

Paul/Saul was the original greatest Poster

I thought that Julius Caesar was the first recorded poo poo-poster in the forum.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

that’ll do it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Oldest Man posted:

another win for equity, most progressive president of all time

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

you learned about the Black Panthers in school?

yeah I did a double take at that lol
Didn't even know about the Black Panthers until I was 20

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, biden's interview with stern:

So is Hunter named after his mom's last name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujF8AumiQo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

it's like they just realized it's an election year and they should maybe try to win, but only with the mildest poo poo ever because they want to hit that 50.1% sweet spot

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Willa Rogers posted:

now if they'd only get hopping on banning genocide instead.

When dems hastily back off harassing the poors is when you know things are looking dire

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

factboys need to shut the gently caress up

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MadSparkle posted:

So is Hunter named after his mom's last name?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yujF8AumiQo

Never made that connection before... What a weird choice.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Willa Rogers posted:

now if they'd only get hopping on banning genocide instead.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

to think we almost missed out on the greatest president of all time
Joe Biden Contemplated Suicide After Wife, Infant Daughter's Deaths

www.usmagazine.com - Fri, 26 Apr 2024 posted:

President Joe Biden revealed he contemplated suicide after his first wife, Neilia Biden, and their infant daughter died in a car crash.

During a surprise interview with Howard Stern on Friday, April 26, Joe, 81, recalled how his mental health declined significantly after the tragic incident.

“You don’t have to be crazy to commit suicide. If you’ve been to the top of the mountain, you think it’s never going to be there again,” Joe explained. “In just a brief moment, I thought about going to the Delaware Memorial [Bridge] and jump.”

Joe ultimately walked back the decision because of his sons, Beau Biden and Hunter Biden. “I had two kids,” he said. “It wasn’t like I got to commit suicide. It was like I had been to the top of the mountain and it’s never going to happen again. You’re never going to be OK.”

Joe said he also thought about numbing his pain with alcohol at the time. His family history with alcoholism, however, stopped Joe from drinking.

“I used to sit there and just think I’m going to take out a bottle of scotch,” he added on Friday. “I’m going to just drink it and get drunk.”

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hi Succ Zone.

I just want to make this clear. I will not be enacting a national ban on menthol cigarettes either.

Vote for me!

Nichael

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

lol thanks for the correction

I was so confused

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

Hi Succ Zone.

I just want to make this clear. I will not be enacting a national ban on menthol cigarettes either.

Vote for me!

Nichael

capturing hearts and minds everywhere!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Honestly as a single issue voter, I really appreciate how hard Joe Biden is working to advance my single issue, which happens to be him not being president anymore

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

Stancil is Raenir Salazar, isn't he?

Hell no. I'm 95% sure Raenir Salazar is actually a relatively normal guy who was just driven insane by internet. He's not the same breed as your Will Stancils, evilweasels, Discendo Voxes, etc.

He's basically like if you took a random normie lib and exposed them to an environment where they viewed D&D megaposters as guidance figures. Like if you took a child and sent them to D&D Academy where the instructors are all people like DV.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DV is the real thing. doesn't even bother with "yes genocide is bad but" like the others

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Nichael posted:

Hi Succ Zone.

Vote for me!

Nichael

bring back lucky strikes with filters and MAYBE I’ll stop smoking long enough to vote for you

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I must volunteer for stencils opponent

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

When I heard he did a Stern interview I thought it sounded desperate but this is extremely weird

"Look, wanted to just kill myself when my wife pulled out in front of a semi, died, and then i tried to frame the other driver for drunk driving to ruin his life"
"....Okay"
"Almost drank myself to death too"

I guess you could call this humanizing but this is a bizarre angle to take

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Ytlaya posted:

Hell no. I'm 95% sure Raenir Salazar is actually a relatively normal guy who was just driven insane by internet. He's not the same breed as your Will Stancils, evilweasels, Discendo Voxes, etc.

He's basically like if you took a random normie lib and exposed them to an environment where they viewed D&D megaposters as guidance figures. Like if you took a child and sent them to D&D Academy where the instructors are all people like DV.

I get the sense Raenir's a kid and it's honestly relatively fine to talk anime or stuff with him. There's joy in his heart, he's just, as you said, been taught wrong as a joke. There are far more joyless posters. He does need to stop complaining to the hall monitor all the time and read a history book not from the Barnes and Nobles CIA section.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

I get the sense Raenir's a kid and it's honestly relatively fine to talk anime or stuff with him. There's joy in his heart, he's just, as you said, been taught wrong as a joke. There are far more joyless posters. He does need to stop complaining to the hall monitor all the time and read a history book not from the Barnes and Nobles CIA section.

I don't think he's a kid exactly, he's probably at least in his late 20s, but he gives me similar vibes to an IRL friend of mine. It's like if my friend's favorite YouTubers or whatever had spent years ranting to him about the Bernie Bros or something.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

How! posted:

bring back lucky strikes with filters and MAYBE I’ll stop smoking long enough to vote for you

smoked these for years. goated cigarette

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Rectal Death Alert posted:

When I heard he did a Stern interview I thought it sounded desperate but this is extremely weird

"Look, wanted to just kill myself when my wife pulled out in front of a semi, died, and then i tried to frame the other driver for drunk driving to ruin his life"
"....Okay"
"Almost drank myself to death too"

I guess you could call this humanizing but this is a bizarre angle to take

if anything the phrase “I’m going to drink it and get drunk” moves him further away from human

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
howard stern also dramatically claimed he considered suicide and then later admitted he was completely making it up

Howie and Joe are a lot alike, they should be friends

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think that's the first time Joe has ever said he made up the drunk driving poo poo. His brain really is cooked.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

if you mean my quote i was joking

Joe Biden would never openly admit to the crimes he is 100% guilty of like trying to frame an innocent man out of vengeance or when he actually raped Tara Reade

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rectal Death Alert posted:

if you mean my quote i was joking

Joe Biden would never openly admit to the crimes he is 100% guilty of like trying to frame an innocent man out of vengeance or when he actually raped Tara Reade

Joe Biden destroyed Nordstream, and China is demanding answers, this will not go away for him during the summer.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

comedyblissoption posted:

technically not a democrat official, but this is very eyebrow-raising if you're not a partisan
https://twitter.com/aaronjmate/status/1667007756014960641

ah, well

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

don't think this was posted yet

https://x.com/GallupNews/status/1783861545438494752

and that is ofc Gallup's quarterly average, so not really accounting for anything too recent

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

but it is a historic presidency isn't it

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

LGD posted:

don't think this was posted yet

https://x.com/GallupNews/status/1783861545438494752

and that is ofc Gallup's quarterly average, so not really accounting for anything too recent

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

quote:

“Karine doesn’t have an understanding of the issues and she reads the book [binder] word-for-word,” said the second source, adding that the situation is made worse by the fact that “she thinks she’s doing an amazing job.”

Wow, this sounds familiar

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Seems like Biden was too much of a lefty progressive for the voters, guess the dems will have to move right to appeal to voters in the center!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

StealthArcher posted:

Joe is a way better president for domestic issues than Obama ever was. I’d argue he accomplished more with a slim majority in Congress than Obama ever did with his filibuster proof majority. He also decided to acknowledge at least some of the needs of the Bernie Sanders supporters.

He’s also pro union and is allowing the resurgent labor movement in America to flourish.

The UAW just certified the VW Chattanooga TN plant. Right in the middle of the seat of power of anti labor “Gilead” style states. I set the bar very low but Biden did a running high jump way above where I expected him to. I’d say he’s a way better leader than Trudeau is when it comes to actual substance. As for his stance on I/P issues - yes that sucks. All political leaders are beholden to AIPAC and without AIPAC support you lose the election. So I’d rather pick the genocide supporter who benefits me domestically than the one who treats me like he would treat the Palestinians because I collect a paycheck for a living or happen to be the “wrong” background.

???????????????????????