Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lmao. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Punished Turtle posted:

starting over for new thread:

01. Alexander Hamilton

How does a bastard, orphan, son of a whore and a Scotsman, dropped in the middle of a forgotten
spot in the Caribbean by Providence impoverished in squalor
grow up to be a hero and a scholar?

The Ten dollar, founding father without a father
got a lot farther by working a lot harder
by being a lot smarter by being a self-starter
by fourteen, they placed him in charge of a trading charter

Our national nightmare never ends.

Rename them Punishment Turtle

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

sounds really trumpian

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

This is actually bullshit about food.

Companies hide all kinds of random poo poo under "natural flavors" and "spices" to the point where I regularly need to clarify by emailing companies whats in those because of a severe allergy in my household that isnt in the big 9 list.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

WampaLord posted:

I'm not a huge history buff but didn't the Roman empire do a bunch of "debt jubilee" type stuff when they were in their decline and went "hey, all debt is cancelled, now go spend spend spend!"

we get the dying empire bit but not the debt jubilee bit, this sucks

Almost every society did before industrialization and capitalism. Some even did it yearly. Some did it every few years. Some did it any time monarchs changed, etc.
"Debt the first 5000 years" is a pretty decent book that covers it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Bruh you could do it right now. you could do something. you dont have to wait till november

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't know what whilst is supposed to be other than a fancy way to say while

The poo poo that drives me insane is when zoomers say poo poo like "unalive" and "sewerslide". that stuff is not good.

unalive at least had a good origin story of - various social media platforms started censoring the word suicide and kill so while talking about poo poo they had to get creative to not actually have their videos get delisted / shadowbanned.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Rubellavator posted:

i'm mostly worried about the zoomers who developed fake tics or say things like PogChamp out loud

I feel like this is like when the boomers were worried about millennials using leet speak irl.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The DCCC is such an incredibly foul organization.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Look I carry around this rock and i call it the anti bad inflation rock and if I didnt have this rock the inflation would be way worse.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

VoicesCanBe posted:

So if I understand this correctly... they announced Biden was going to give a statement from the White House and then backtracked and cancelled?

lol

probably a little too dementia'd out to put in front of a camera.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
not sure what world "bombing an embassy" isnt something countries retaliate on.

But we all know history restarts every day except for october 7th.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
oh?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/15/politics/clarence-thomas-supreme-court/index.html

quote:

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas did not attend oral arguments Monday and provided no explanation for his absence.

:pray:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Maybe some kind of accident happened on one of those billionaire retreats he goes to. Maybe hunting the most dangerous game when the most dangerous game got them back.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Al! posted:

"yes biden is committing a genocide but," is so insanely craven yet youre already seeing it pop up everywhere

"Yes Biden might have sexually assaulted Tara Reade but Trump definitely did it more!!" was a real live take that i've heard people say IRL - like not even just internet crazies.

edit: I also had someone say to me "Who cares what Biden did, he's not raping you" - a democrat!

silicone thrills has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Apr 16, 2024

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Debates are totally useless but they're also part of the theater of politics and watching 2 confused old men on stage who are barely able to stay coherent should be something everyone gets to see.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I WANT MY BREAD AND CIRCUSES AND THE DEBATE IS A CIRCUS!

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
[Succ] Genocide is bad, but

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Gripweed posted:

There's been guys getting signatures to put RFK on the ballot at my local Target for a few days now

Its something to do i suppose.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nichael posted:

if i was president, i simply wouldn't do genocide

I would genocide the rich ending with offing myself since clearly i'd have to be rich to get there.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

*jerking off motion*

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Would be pretty funny to just rip rancid farts in a court room tbh

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

luv2shit posted:

not if ur the presdient. democracy is at stake. be better.

No.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Vim Fuego posted:

That's what I love about American Presidents! They keep getting older and I feel the same rage

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I wonder what it is like to live in such a childlike state - if he really believes this.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/03/15/biden-approved-willow-project-explained/11478463002/

??????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Its literally IN the refuge he claims to have cancelled leases in.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Took me a few minutes of cross checking but the Biden admin is definitely only blocking ~ new ~ leases on ANWAR, not ending any existing ones.

so his dumbass statement of ending all drilling is just loving wrong.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
In 2020 like 15+ journalists all got shot in the eyes by various cops around the US by rubber bullets.

These people didn't give a gently caress about anyones eyes then.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Nichael posted:

The world is on fire.

Thats the way I like and Ill never get bored.
hey now

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

loquacius posted:

you've activated another trap card

by saying weed should be legalized, you've implied that you want weed to be legalized and thus proved that you are a selfish bro (white) who just wants to smoke weed

I dont like weed at all and it makes me feel miserable. I still think it should be legal and has a very low societal harm level.

I neutralize your trap card.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

So many generations ago your family colonized Puerto Rico? Ok. Weird flex.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Trump dunking on someone endorsing him really is funny as hell.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I actually have no real clue what north korea ever did wrong because we never learned about that in high school or college. Like I dont even have any cuba level propaganda to reference. It was never even mentioned.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Willa Rogers posted:

why do people put on makeup in their videos talking about current events? :confused:

I guess it's the girly version of gamers watching while talking but it's weird.

You know how there's tons of videos with like city surfers next to them? Its the same idea. Its just something to pay attention to while listening and its proven to be pretty effective in keeping peoples eyes on.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

PhilippAchtel posted:

Let me get you started, comrade.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWghIVErqy0Adthf1_mLOlldlJPFY6vlV

I just noticed there's no DPRK flag emoji on my Samsung phone... lol

Hell yeah I didnt know they made a season on Korea. I loved their first 2 seasons.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I call C levels their first name and business now - I had to actually look up Tim Apples real name because I completely forgot it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Joementum posted:

i totally forgot that #nerdprom was tonight

giving me flashbacks to 2017 facebook posts.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

spacetoaster posted:

It's May already.

Where are our NOJOE tags?

I already voted uncommitted in the primary and im probably gonna vote PSL in the general :sickos:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Uncle Wemus posted:

The cookbook author and the billionaire culture warrior have publicly put up cash for controversial campus counterprotests.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jessica-seinfeld-and-bill-ackman-fund-pro-israel-counterprotests-at-ucla

It's always projection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Holy gently caress that is some succ