Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I will boldly state that what is happening both in Ukraine and Gaza is relatively insignificant compared to what will happen to the entire human race for at least the next 50-100 years if Trump is reelected and remains there. If the new tri-Axis corner stone of BRICS achieves stability at least a third of humanity will be enslaved by 2100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Officer Sandvich posted:

I will boldly state that what is happening both in Ukraine and Gaza is relatively insignificant compared to what will happen to the entire human race for at least the next 50-100 years if Trump is reelected and remains there. If the new tri-Axis corner stone of BRICS achieves stability at least a third of humanity will be enslaved by 2100.

How many Palestinians remain in the West Bank and Gaza - about 5 million or so?

After a Trump "presidency" takes China-level control of the internet and TV networks, all five million of those people will be exterminated, imprisoned or expelled, and we may not even know about it.

The Democrats will be violently purged and filled with Manchin/Sinema sycophants to play the role of opposition in a staged democracy.

Millions of Americans will be rounded up and put into camps. Tens of thousands will be killed in the process. After a few years of extracting slave labour from them, executions will start in earnest.

All of the remaining democracies around the world will fall in a similar way. That was the dream of the Third Reich and the coming Triaxis will make it theirs as well.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
I'm watching msnbc and still don't get what the hush money crime is. Like it's campaign finance stuff I think why is NY state prosecuting it

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

The Monarch's cocoon

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Putin has a ‘factchecking’ operation, and so do other dictators – but they use them to twist the truth

Bad actors know that factchecking sites are a vital democratic tool. That’s why they’ve launched their own dishonest versions

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/1783167575670636934

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

Wait the plot of that garbage civil war movie was that the president ran and won a third term and then disbanded the fbi? And I thought you couldn't get any more lib succ than a movie about the brave journalists that sacrifice everything to bring you both sides.

The plot is if you snap a sick war photo of a war photographer dying you inherit her skills

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Lol I was looking for this today

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

bedpan posted:

After October 7th, Biden intentionally and knowingly committed himself to a program of genocide over and above anything else. Whatever lucidity exists in his brain and whatever governmental work he is still able to accomplish are expended on furthering the genocide of the Palestinians. Biden is seemingly even willing to sacrifice reelection, and so condemn the United States to four more years of Trump administration which according to democratic mouthpieces will literally be the end of days.

Scolds claim that despite all of this and all of what we have seen, Trump would be "worse" on Palestine but how?

Here I go, wading into the sewers of this thread:

Active genocides in the world, 2024 (7 major):

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians
Ethopian/Tigrayan Conflict
Burmese Junta persecution of Karen/Shan/Rohinga
Chinese genocide of Uighur peoples
Russian genocide of Ukrainian people
Darfur/ South Sudanese Conflict (Arabs against Dinka)
Yemen Conflict (Sunni persecuting Shia Arabs)

Adjacent to Genocide (Pending or Nigh Genocides with a high probability- 5)
Congo conflict
Azeri-Armenian Conflict
Indian genocide of Indian Muslims
American 'MAGA' genocide of Mexicans/ democide of LGBT

Perennial Concerns- 3
Turkish/Iraqi treatment of Kurds
Indian treatment of Sikhs
Brazilian persecution of Tupi/indigene peoples

That's the current (lovely state of the world)

Now next, I'm trying to gauge whether a Biden administration would worsen or lessen each of these crises:

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians: WORSEN
Ethiopian Conflict: No probable effect
Burmese genocides: No probable effect
Chinese genocide of Uighurs: NO EFFECT
Russian Genocide of Ukraine: LESSEN
Sudanese Conflict: NO EFFECT
Yemen: NO EFFECT

Congo Conflict: NO EFFECT
Armenia-Azerbaijan: LESSEN
Indian BJP persecution of Muslims: NO EFFECT
American persecution of Latinos: LESSEN
American persecution of LGBT: LESSEN

Plight of the Kurdish people: LESSEN
Persecution of Sikhs: NO EFFECT
Brazilian persecution of Tupi: LESSEN

So overall, my assessment (with my JD in international law, Master's in History, BA in Political Science, and one thesis on international law): Biden is a wash on current genocides (score of 0), and a win on averting some significant near genocides that we are close to (+3).

No, here's my informed assessment of a 2nd Trump administration:

Israeli Genocide of Palestinians: WORSEN
Ethiopian/Tigrayan Conflict: NO EFFECT
Burmese persecution of Karen/Rohinga: NO EFFECT
Chinese genocide of UIGHUR: WORSEN
Russian genocide of Ukraine: WORSEN
Darfur/ South Sudan: WORSEN
Yemen Conflict: WORSEN

Congo Conflict: NO EFFECT
Azerbaijan-Armenia: WORSEN
Indian genocide of Muslims: WORSEN
American persecution of Latins: WORSEN
American persecution of LGBT: WORSEN

Turk/Kurds: WORSEN
Indian treatment of Sikhs: WORSEN
Brazilian persecution of Tupi/indigenes: NO EFFECT

So on the active genocides, Trump is at (-3), on nigh genocides (-4), and perennials (-2).

I revile Biden. I think he deserves condemnation in the manner of Clinton or Lyndon Johnson.

But in the hope of easing the suffering of the Ukrainian people, and averting further genocides/democides of the Latino peoples and North American LGBT, and also the Kurds, I'm voting and organizing strategically for Biden.

There are far too many of you who are willing to allow the perfect to become the enemy of the good. I'm acting on my best calculus that I can manage to minimize the maximum evils of our world.

None of this is to detract from the very real and very immediate genocide of the Palestinian people. But I'm trying to build as many lifeboats as I can manage from the shipwreck that is our species.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

I would have used the previous 4 years to do something

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

When did the politicians-playing-peekaboo-with-constituents trend start? I SEE YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

Joementum posted:

her husband was literally the polish pol who tweeted out “thanks America 👍” when the nordstream pipeline blew up so if she’s saying she’d never do fake news….

The amount of willful self-blindness from CSPAMmers here would be funny if it wasn't entirely to the detriment of the causes they performatively claim to embrace. Here is presented actual evidence that powerful state forces are exerting tremendous effort to bend and twist your perceptions of the present and future, and people who maaaaaybe didn't read the loving article are proudly sounding off here "No, I definitely came to all my opinions entirely by myself, I've never been influenced, no sirree, I am opposed to everything I define as 'not progressive enough' to the point that I can't distinguish between that and actual stated enemies of my interest... but I'm certainly free from propaganda!"

Gnothi seauton ain't just words on a door, I'm just saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1790738966980804928