Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mawarannahr posted:

this won't happen lol

it is happening right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Ham Equity posted:

Nah, I want Joe Biden to live a very long life, where he suffers endlessly from dementia, with brief moments of lucidity where he realizes what has happened to him, and yearns for the release of death.

mawarannahr posted:

this won't happen lol

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he has no moments of lucidity

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

First Woman to be President*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pappyland posted:

would that be funnier than the non-zero chance Kamala becomes president before Election Day and wins? and then runs as an incumbent in 2028?

that primary would also be crazy, because unless America falls in love with Momala's xanned out antics (50/50 chance of this happening, imo), she'd probably have worse approval ratings than Joe

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Vim Fuego posted:

lol

Here's the seattle light rail 2009

Aaaaand 2024:

The really sad thing is, I'm pretty sure Seattle has done more to advance transit than the vast majority of cities in the US.

We're so loving pathetic.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

yyyyyeah probably just gonna vote on the main issue of this election: what would make will stancil most mad?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

yyyyyeah probably just gonna vote on the main issue of this election: what would make will stancil most mad?

I think Stein actually fits better than Trump for this

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Phone posted:

2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

he's back :pray: :worship: :chud: :letsgo:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/washingtonpost/status/1790065293034688914

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

I would have used the previous 4 years to do something

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

loquacius posted:

This is universal for libs, they really do hate 3rd party candidates more than Republicans. Just look at how they think of Nader as opposed to Bush

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah what agenda he hasn't done anything.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
"biggest expansion in passenger rights since deregulation" is he trying to say that the deregulation in the late 70s increased the rights of passengers or is he saying that deregulation marked a point of diminishing rights and we still haven't made up that ground?

I do not believe someone in his position would ever intend the latter, but I really struggle to come up with a line of thought that leads to the former given how the passenger experience has been on a straight decline my entire lifetime.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

they're trying to make him A Thing for 2028.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

they're trying to make him A Thing for 2028.

disasterous. lmao. like the lib desantis in terms of offputting unhumanism.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Ham Equity posted:

Nah, I want Joe Biden to live a very long life, where he suffers endlessly from dementia, with brief moments of lucidity where he realizes what has happened to him, and yearns for the release of death.

that's the status quo

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

you're telling me the secretary of transportation cares about more than just planes???

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

you're telling me the secretary of transportation cares about more than just planes???

Ostensibly but his record with trains and bridges been great either

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

political parties trying to kingmake politicians never works

Pete! 2028

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

SixteenShells posted:

if the McGovern loss haunted Dems for 50 years and reshaped everything about how they ran campaigns, what will a Biden loss to Trump do to them and how long will it be felt?

They will just whine and cry more. Seconding that the best thing that could happen to America is the Democrat party collapsing.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rubellavator posted:

I grew up in MS and basically never heard anyone talk about where their family was originally from in regards to European ancestry. I've never heard a definitive answer from either side of my family. Sometimes you'd hear about someone who has choctaw or chickasaw blood but didn't know anyone who made it into their identity.

I'm only talking about the native american stuff. Seems very common, but I also haven't seen anyone making it into their identity. It's just something a lot of people seem to believe for whatever reason.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

post hole digger posted:

disasterous. lmao. like the lib desantis in terms of offputting unhumanism.

the list of people under the age of 50 anyone knows the name of in the democratic party is as follows

AOC
Buttigeig

and it does not matter how nice she plays with the big boys, they are never letting her have a shot at any kind of actual power

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yes

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Seinfeld donated $5,000 to a pro-Israel counterprotest at UCLA. On Sunday evening she sought to distance herself from violence against pro-Palestine demonstrators at the school.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jessica-seinfeld-dont-blame-me-for-ucla-counterprotest-violence

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

is pepsi ok posted:

Uh excuse me I was told that nobody actually cares about Gaza and that the economy is fine and that young people and minorities are definitely gonna vote for Joe.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1789966390201368654#m

The findings are mostly unchanged since the last series of Times/Siena polls in battleground states in November. Since then, the stock market has gained 25 percent, Mr. Trump’s criminal trial in Manhattan has started, and the Biden campaign has unleashed tens of millions of dollars in advertisements across the battleground states.

do these people realize:

1) The stock market is not the economy.
2) Trump's base does not care about criminal charges.
3) Democrats do not care about these, besides MSNBC sickos, because everyone knows this poo poo is going nowhere and is meaningless.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nichael posted:

do these people realize:

no

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

loquacius posted:

yeah it would for sure

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden are essentially tied among 18-to-29-year-olds and Hispanic voters, even though each group gave Mr. Biden more than 60 percent of their vote in 2020. Mr. Trump also wins more than 20 percent of Black voters — a tally that would be the highest level of Black support for any Republican presidential candidate since the enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

good god, he really has reached new depths

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I've changed my mind. We need to accept this as 100% legitimate so we can raise an eyebrow when the next Hillary clone runs to be the first woman president.

"Oh, you mean like Kamala Harris?"

https://youtu.be/uRmQ1vEaFgY

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Nichael posted:

Mr. Trump and Mr. Biden are essentially tied among 18-to-29-year-olds and Hispanic voters, even though each group gave Mr. Biden more than 60 percent of their vote in 2020. Mr. Trump also wins more than 20 percent of Black voters — a tally that would be the highest level of Black support for any Republican presidential candidate since the enactment of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

if youre not down with joe biden you aint black, jack, so actually, biden still controls 100% of the black vote.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

“It is concerning to me when I keep seeing press come out of the White House where they keep saying the economy is good,” Mr. Sprague said. “That’s really weird because I’m paying more on taxes and more on groceries and more on housing and more on fuel. So that doesn’t feel good.”

has he talked to stancil

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nichael posted:

Joe brought back the dixiecrats just in time for the original ones to have all died off except for him

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It's reasonable to think that Biden doesn't deserve to win reelection after supporting a genocide and also think that Trump doesn't deserve a second term for a billion reasons and be scared of what him and the republican party will do if he wins again.

As history as shown the Republicans won't do anything the Democrats aren't completely fine with so who cares

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Nichael posted:

The findings are mostly unchanged since the last series of Times/Siena polls in battleground states in November. Since then, the stock market has gained 25 percent, Mr. Trump’s criminal trial in Manhattan has started, and the Biden campaign has unleashed tens of millions of dollars in advertisements across the battleground states.

do these people realize:

2) Trump's base does not care about criminal charges.
3) Democrats do not care about these, besides MSNBC sickos, because everyone knows this poo poo is going nowhere and is meaningless.

remember that week when the mueller report came out and people were hyperventilating about how Trump. Is. Done

surely. any minute now. for the first time in American history, the law will be enforced on a member of the aristocratic class.

ANY MINUTE NOW.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
the economy is where you get the money and all the people who matter get their money from the stock market, therefore the stock market is the only economy that matters

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dude has been saying it was a punchline now longer than it actually was a punchline.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Nichael posted:

“It is concerning to me when I keep seeing press come out of the White House where they keep saying the economy is good,” Mr. Sprague said. “That’s really weird because I’m paying more on taxes and more on groceries and more on housing and more on fuel. So that doesn’t feel good.”

has he talked to stancil

He is right, but the young can change things. The sad fact is they do not vote, and if they vote at all it is only in presidential. Even in those elections well less then 50% vote.

They are a big voting block, if they all start voting, including in local elections, in about 10 years you will see change. But seems people these days want instant change.

2024 will be a big tell for the young, depending on who wins, things could get far worse for them.

Right now, the corporations determine who runs the US, the young, if that have patience, can change things by voting in all elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nitevision posted:

He is right, but the young can change things. The sad fact is they do not vote, and if they vote at all it is only in presidential. Even in those elections well less then 50% vote.

They are a big voting block, if they all start voting, including in local elections, in about 10 years you will see change. But seems people these days want instant change.

2024 will be a big tell for the young, depending on who wins, things could get far worse for them.

Right now, the corporations determine who runs the US, the young, if that have patience, can change things by voting in all elections.

lol