Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

wasn't this woman a bernie bro after her bernie bro bf died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Thoguh posted:

lmao I just googled "The Death of Afternoon" to see if there was a good essay or something I could link and because google sucks now it is convinced that I'm really looking for the Hemingway story "Death In The Afternoon" and absolutely refuses to be convinced otherwise and return results on what I'm actually looking for.

I haven't yet used it in earnest but I saw a couple different people talking about Kagi as a search engine and I was able to put in -hemingway and it actually worked.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Shageletic posted:

First time I've ever heard if kagi and I guess they want your email and they might bill you for advanced search? All that is worth it?
that is what I’m trying to figure out. it looks like unlimited search is 10 bucks a month which sounds annoying to have to pay but it doesn’t seem like we have any other options at this point since Google sucks so bad now.

Willa Rogers posted:

speaking of Saving Democracy, this story is a couple weeks old but it made me lol. internal memos about democrat voter-reg initiatives warn that they--get this!--might be helping the wrong kind of voters save democracy

Only register democrat voters to prevent fascism & save democracy!

I found this tidbit funny:

I think I remember seeing something from last summer where the Dems are currently in a place where they want to depress turnout since it benefits them electorally these days.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

mama mia

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Nichael posted:

It's so unnecessary! "Former Speaker" should be enough. Why is she getting a loving title like nobility?

And the answer is, she is American nobility. This is what we got.

In my university department people with Emeritus in their title are usually given that role so they can preserve some of their benefits. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done so she could keep a specific office or staffing or something.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

so the GOP is leading China? idgi

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

hold on...
*rips off trench coat* why, this middle class is just three part time jobs standing on each others shoulders!

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

a helpful bear posted:

lol that's the videogame review guy from G4. he's getting dragged and ratiod in the replies. Also lamenting how "my audience can't read the subtlty in my posts about how they all deserve to have their teeth kicked in"

https://twitter.com/AdamSessler/status/1783275589383905724?t=lYSeCoDteFK2YiWW7Q4bmw&s=19

https://x.com/dril/status/1783289375738192326

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/status/1785369981456093606?t=EVtsOtXnxGP6vaDCvmVtJw&s=19

The bit about "a liberal is someone who supports every protest except the one happening right now, and opposes every war except the one happening right now" isn't even true anymore. These ghouls are actively saying that it was wrong for people to have protested the Vietnam War.

uh, is she suggesting that the vietnam war protests caused the country, and dems in particular, to crack down on "crime"? what a batshit crazy thing to say

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I keep seeing stories about the melee at UCLA last night and they seem to go way out of their way to bury that it looks like the pro genocide counter protesters were the aggressors

LA Times calls it what it was
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2024-04-30/ucla-moves-to-shut-down-pro-palestinian-encampment-as-unlawful

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

camoseven posted:

ma'am that's.... not what mutual aid means

I lol'd there too

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

https://x.com/sxarletred/status/1786225524722798641?s=46&t=rAoqWwDyfgw5Kx7mWPwNEg lol wut

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

just making a choice between two things I don't really care about too much

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

its happening again dot gif

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

do not trust a democrat pushing their working class bona fides to be less bad than the typical dem, you're going to get at best AOC but more likely a fetterman or this bish

She went to Reed college which is a private liberal arts college and tuition is 80k a year but her opponent was a nazi or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Is this the same thing that was announced a few weeks ago?