Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Someone found Raenir's blog.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

I mean, it's basically their only shot at not losing in November, so good luck.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Willa Rogers posted:

They think banning TikTok will solve everything.

quote:

Each of these TikTokkers’ meetings was coordinated by White House deputy director of partnerships, Morgan MacNaughton, who herself has a background with the company. She was hired away last year from Palette, a social media talent management company that specializes in TikTok personalities. While there, MacNaughton helped found the political group “TikTok for Biden” (since renamed “Gen-Z for Change”).

The entire text of Bullshit Jobs should be tattooed onto every member of the Biden administration.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Zippy the Bummer posted:

will bytedance challenge it in court

I could be wrong, but I can't imagine the US government of today having the capacity to enforce the TikTok sale/ban in any way. I am 100% sure that when the rubber meets the road and the US government is faced with the active intervention in an actual business the people that run this country are going to hit the brakes hard. No amount of nationalism is going to make that kind of precedent worthwhile to them.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

bedpan posted:

internal numbers must be dreadful for them to be doing this

https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1783094926752063661

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
drat...