Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many hats do you own?
Goku
View Results

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
What hats/headgear do you have,

cowboy hat?

trucker cap?

Motorcycle helmet?

strong opinions on headgear? voice them here

good vibes only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Didn't vote, I own more than 9 hats.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i primarily wear trucker hats. gotta let my head breathe

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I choose my hat based on the role. Am I going into Redneck Land? I have redneck hats for this. Am I going down to the big city? Time for fancy no label black baseball cap.

I also have my big floppy wizard hat that I love to wear when I don't care what people think and I want to keep the sun off my face and neck.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I have one Patagonia hat, and several sorta-unique SF Giants hats (i.e. one from Spring Training/St Paddys day, a Carhartt one, etc) Good for running errands, keeping rain/snow off my glasses, and covering my eyes on flights.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i primarily wear trucker hats. gotta let my head breathe

I feel like a visor is the superior alternative to a trucker hat

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i only wear hats of the finest beaver felt harvested by rugged trappers in the new world

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don’t think i own a single hat, haven’t been a hat guy ever

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Black ball cap with my work logo on it.
Sun hat for yard work/lounging
Various winter beanies

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I have multiple orange beanies that I wear when its cold or my hair won't behave because The Life Aquatic owns

E: I don't wear them all at once, to clarify

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Will someone please tell me what the hat trick is?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

3 goals in a single game

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I own hundreds and hundreds of hats. I collect them. I like them.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It’s when you tuck your dick into your hatband

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
I have one hat and it's a good hat suitable for mid-level enforcers and casual hustlers.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

A head without a hat is a naked head

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i wear a hat almost every day, but i own only two.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

redshirt posted:

Didn't vote, I own more than 9 hats.
Seriously, have fun with your amateur-hour hat poll

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

true hat fans know it's not about how many hats you own, but how often you wear them

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

If you have 10 hats you can still wear every single one of them 36 times in a year. Variety is the spice of life and fashion.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

valid but i like to form a personal bond with each hat, which i find isn't possible with only 36 wears a year.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Just for beanie's I have 3 knit caps that my sister made me. One of them is for light weather. I have formed immeasurable bonds with all of these beanies to the point I kind of panic if I haven't seen one for a couple of days.

I wear a flat cap when the weather is really nice, and I have two helmets, one for skateboarding, and one for biking. And a thin hat I can put on under the helmets if its cold.

And that's not to consider past hats I have "retired" but would still serve their purpose. Are they not to be included for their service? Or the hats that are for special occasions, like a tall bowler for costume parties, or baseball caps for softball games?

I don't even consider myself exceptional, I find this to be average. Like my dad probably has 70+ hats (and I'm talking straight-up hats, not beanies, not helmets). 9 is a woefully inadequate metric. Yesterday I wore four different hats at some point.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
My favorite hat is this John Prine one my mom bought my dad at a concert a couple months before John Prine died. I stole it from him because he said it was "kinda gay lookin' " lmbo

I don't wear it anymore cause it's getting sweat stained and I haven't figured out a good way to clean it without destroying it

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I own my satanic temple beanie and it's my favorite, i've posted it in the selfie thread a bunch.
Other than that I don't really own hats because my head is the size of a large boulder and if I can manage to get it around my massive cranium it just smushes all my hair and looks stupid as gently caress.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

My favorite hat is this John Prine one my mom bought my dad at a concert a couple months before John Prine died. I stole it from him because he said it was "kinda gay lookin' " lmbo

I don't wear it anymore cause it's getting sweat stained and I haven't figured out a good way to clean it without destroying it

Sounds dumb as hell but throw it on the top rack of the dishwasher

It's what we used to do with our baseball caps because they get pretty gross after a couple games

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

Sounds dumb as hell but throw it on the top rack of the dishwasher

It's what we used to do with our baseball caps because they get pretty gross after a couple games

They even sell things for this to keep their shape

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
don't wear your ballcaps indoor please

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

frumpykvetchbot posted:

People can wear hats wherever the gently caress they want. You're parroting something that came about from religion.

The only time should remove your hat is when you're eating.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

frumpykvetchbot posted:

gently caress that.
Wear hats inside
Wear hats for the anthem
Wear hats during prayer
Wear hats.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

imagine stepping through a doorway and taking your hat off and holding it in front of you like some old timey loser lmfao

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I think back to the 20's or whenever when all men wore fancy hats and it was expected. Even country folks wore hats, just not as fancy. It was an obligation, a social demand. Like a necktie.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

I think back to the 20's or whenever when all men wore fancy hats and it was expected. Even country folks wore hats, just not as fancy. It was an obligation, a social demand. Like a necktie.

just poor af living in a dirty gutter wearing a full suit, tie and bowler on my way to the job at the docks

mystes
May 31, 2006

I wear many hats but only metaphorically.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a hat legit purchased from the Warden Service that looks like an Official Warden Hat and I wear it with this knowledge and marvel at its effects.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
You ever put a little hat on you’re dick and make it talk funny

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

my head si to b ig for hats

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I do a lot of bird watching and especially here in the spring season I tend to get sunburn in my face. I really should get a proper hat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I do a lot of bird watching and especially here in the spring season I tend to get sunburn in my face. I really should get a proper hat.

I recommend a big floppy wizard hat.

Also, what birds are you currently obsessing over?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I guess the santa hat doesn't provide great sun protection

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

I recommend a big floppy wizard hat.

Also, what birds are you currently obsessing over?

I have both a wizard hat and a huge floppy sun hat.

Hats are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Get yourself a light Gary hat