Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many hats do you own?
Goku
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Get yourself a light Gary hat

Who-RA Gary!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No new tale to tell.

- Love and Rockets

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Big purple wig

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

redshirt posted:

I recommend a big floppy wizard hat.

Also, what birds are you currently obsessing over?

Right now I'm mostly focused on counting raptors for the spring migration. But we're getting all sorts of birds coming over, especially since it's migration time, and I'm looking forward to the rare ones, even if twitching isn't really my thing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Get yourself a light Gary hat

what'd Dark Gary do?

mystes posted:

I guess the santa hat doesn't provide great sun protection

lol good call I need to get something not Christmassy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dark Gary is on my Expeditionary Force. There will be no further questions.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
i can handle the truth

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

what'd Dark Gary do?

I’d advise not digging any deeper.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’ve had the same dirty wide-brimmed hat forever. I’m not going to end up one of those old dudes constantly getting melanomas cut off their face after a lifetime of working outside.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

my grandad always used to wear a bunnet when i was wee and he was alive. it was such an old man hat to wear, and i sometimes wonder if when i'm old af if kids will see me with a baseball cap on and think that's such an old man hat.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
significantly more than 9, but im gay so

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i can handle the truth

Blood. Happy OP?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
i was wrong

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Follow me if you realize all theories lead to this....

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

multi color propeller hat or NOTHING

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

wait, does a hood on a hoodie count as a hat? if so, i do own one hat. possibly two, i think one of the winter coats i never wear has a hood too.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

wait, does a hood on a hoodie count as a hat? if so, i do own one hat.

That's it? One hoodie?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
im pale with a shaved head. i should have a hat but i feel like i dont look good in a hat so i dont own any

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I've really only got 3 hats,

I have a legionaries cap with an extended tail. It's really my most practical hat. Sun safe and somewhat anonymizing. I ride my bicycle heaps so I need something that can fit under a helmet and protect the back of my neck. It's a shame such a practical hat has childish connotations here but is so pragmatic I still wear it

I have a cute little beret cos I keep my hair short to keep it out of the way but that means it's rather masc and boring. I like something that hides that and still has some utility and is gender affirming. I can stuff it in a pocket if the situation calls for it which is a bit trickier than any other sort of cap

And my bicycle helmet, cheapy from the local super market, it's well ventilated and fits over the top of my legionaries cap.its a really good mix for someone like me who does 100 or so odd km a week on my bicycle around town. The paths in my area aren't well maintained so a helmet kinda comes in handy for pushing through the overgrowth

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't think helmets should count as hats, IMO.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
When I left the military I stopped wearing hats for like ten years because I was absolutely sick of it

I wear a cheap straw trilby thing from Walmart in the summer to keep cooler, and a balaclava in the winter when it's freezing out.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

redshirt posted:

opinions on hardhats?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

opinions on hardhats?

Not a hat. It's a workplace piece of equipment. Far removed from just a hat vibe IMO.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I should have 6 Kenzo hats but have lost 2 in psychosis and 1 probably at the barbers. So 3. 3 hats.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

I should have 6 Kenzo hats but have lost 2 in psychosis and 1 probably at the barbers. So 3. 3 hats.

Tell me how you lost your hat in psychosis. If you would.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

Tell me how you lost your hat in psychosis. If you would.

Uh, you start off wearing a hat - then you smoke a lot of meth for 3-4 days straight and when you finally crash and wake up, the hat is gone.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Hoodies are hats

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

Uh, you start off wearing a hat - then you smoke a lot of meth for 3-4 days straight and when you finally crash and wake up, the hat is gone.

What kind of hat? Paint me a picture of you on hat meth.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

He ain't wrong

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Hoodies are hats

Sixer queued

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Hoodies are hats

Yes

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

redshirt posted:

What kind of hat? Paint me a picture of you on hat meth.

google kenzo tiger cap. all variations of that. i still have 3

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Big straw farmers hat. Dr Jurds Jungle Juice cap. Cap from one of the dog trainers we use. Pink cap with a tiny palm tree on it. Oh and a bunch of early 2010s new era flatbrims in a container in the back of the cupboard because lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I tried to buy a hat at a hat shop and when I put the fedora on backwards the guy the counter said "THIS IS NOT ALLOWED!!!!"

loving Adolf hatler over here

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

redshirt posted:

Same.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

redshirt posted:

Not a hat. It's a workplace piece of equipment. Far removed from just a hat vibe IMO.
what about Bump caps? im just being a persnickety rear end here so please ignore me :)

i see where you are coming from, there is definitely something going on with is being an OH&S measure and being required by institutions as well as the plastic, mass manufacture nature of them , I'm still going to allow headgear in here (face shields , hokey masks etc) because I cannot draw a clean line that allows a wide brimmed farmers hat for a farmer and a hardhat for a construction worker. Whether something is a hat of not being based upon things external to the physicality of the hat seem odd to me.

Also "The Hat Thread" i just too cute to me

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I've got a sweet surfing hat that a good poster recommended to me, it has semi rigid broad brim so it keeps its shape when wet, a chin strap to keep it on in the surf, vents to quickly drain out water, and a legionnaire's style flap at the back to keep my neck from getting burned. It works really well as a sailing hat too on like a little beach cat or similar.

Lots of other hats too, a couple of dozen I reckon.

Also helmets aren't hats.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

what about Bump caps? im just being a persnickety rear end here so please ignore me :)

i see where you are coming from, there is definitely something going on with is being an OH&S measure and being required by institutions as well as the plastic, mass manufacture nature of them , I'm still going to allow headgear in here (face shields , hokey masks etc) because I cannot draw a clean line that allows a wide brimmed farmers hat for a farmer and a hardhat for a construction worker. Whether something is a hat of not being based upon things external to the physicality of the hat seem odd to me.

Also "The Hat Thread" i just too cute to me

You choose to put on a hat.

You have to put on a workplace helmet.....

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I have 1 blue trucker hat that has the Hawaiian islands on them. Hawaii it says.

Pretty good hat I think.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I have 4 or 5 hats

2 winter hats, one black baseball style cap with a little logo that looks Japanese from a distance, and a brown tricorn hat that goes with my pirate costume

I also have a tiny pointed party hat. A human could wear it but I think it's better sized for a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

redshirt posted:

You choose to put on a hat.

You have to put on a workplace helmet.....

Then whether bike helmets are hats depends on your jurisdiction which seems odd too me is all