Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how many hats do you own?
Goku
View Results

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Didn't vote, I own more than 9 hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I choose my hat based on the role. Am I going into Redneck Land? I have redneck hats for this. Am I going down to the big city? Time for fancy no label black baseball cap.

I also have my big floppy wizard hat that I love to wear when I don't care what people think and I want to keep the sun off my face and neck.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Will someone please tell me what the hat trick is?

3 goals in a single game

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I think back to the 20's or whenever when all men wore fancy hats and it was expected. Even country folks wore hats, just not as fancy. It was an obligation, a social demand. Like a necktie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a hat legit purchased from the Warden Service that looks like an Official Warden Hat and I wear it with this knowledge and marvel at its effects.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I do a lot of bird watching and especially here in the spring season I tend to get sunburn in my face. I really should get a proper hat.

I recommend a big floppy wizard hat.

Also, what birds are you currently obsessing over?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Get yourself a light Gary hat

Who-RA Gary!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No new tale to tell.

- Love and Rockets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dark Gary is on my Expeditionary Force. There will be no further questions.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

i can handle the truth

Blood. Happy OP?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Follow me if you realize all theories lead to this....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

wait, does a hood on a hoodie count as a hat? if so, i do own one hat.

That's it? One hoodie?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't think helmets should count as hats, IMO.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

opinions on hardhats?

Not a hat. It's a workplace piece of equipment. Far removed from just a hat vibe IMO.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

I should have 6 Kenzo hats but have lost 2 in psychosis and 1 probably at the barbers. So 3. 3 hats.

Tell me how you lost your hat in psychosis. If you would.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

kntfkr posted:

Uh, you start off wearing a hat - then you smoke a lot of meth for 3-4 days straight and when you finally crash and wake up, the hat is gone.

What kind of hat? Paint me a picture of you on hat meth.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Devils Affricate posted:

Hoodies are hats

Yes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

what about Bump caps? im just being a persnickety rear end here so please ignore me :)

i see where you are coming from, there is definitely something going on with is being an OH&S measure and being required by institutions as well as the plastic, mass manufacture nature of them , I'm still going to allow headgear in here (face shields , hokey masks etc) because I cannot draw a clean line that allows a wide brimmed farmers hat for a farmer and a hardhat for a construction worker. Whether something is a hat of not being based upon things external to the physicality of the hat seem odd to me.

Also "The Hat Thread" i just too cute to me

You choose to put on a hat.

You have to put on a workplace helmet.....

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jestery posted:

Then whether bike helmets are hats depends on your jurisdiction which seems odd too me is all

A bike helmet is not a hat, hope that clarifies matters for you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My favorite hat is the official Game Warden hat. It's green with a cool police like symbol on the front and deer and bear on the sides.

It looks like an official forest police hat, and I don't doubt this has an effect when I wear it.